The most dangerous job you ever took?

Yep, I can imagine.:wave: My most recent incident was being attacked by a 12 year old with schizophrenia in the middle of a psychotic break. His intent really wasn't to do harm...he was just very, very scared.

Have you ever read Torey Hayden's books? I read them all a few summers ago. They're so good!

Most dangerous job

I don't know how many of you are aware of the Deaf Lumberjack Competition that is held yearly ( or was , I have not checked lately). It is just like what you see on TV log rolling..chain saw slicing thick trees for speed and accuracy, 1 and 2 man lumber saws for speed..climbing up tall trees and chopping the section off as quick as you can and then literally repelling down , you are attached with a waist harness and wear steel points in boots.
everything..well I was hanging with this friend who invited me to go and I was much younger. when we got there he told me he needed me to help him and he would pay me $100 ..I was like sure what do I have to do? lol I had to stand on a box aganst a huge circle arms and ankles strapped in place....and he threw axe's at balloons I was holding. now I am no longer a "need for thrill" kinda person , but I was , always rode a motorcycle, etc..and I figured I saw this guy and his axe's before ( and I am talking the long handle things, big blades) He did it , I kept my eyes closed and prayed and he won $500 for first place and gave me the $100 as promised for a job well done...it was awesome..I would not suggest anyone making a career out of this but anyone who likes the lumberjack thing find out where it is held. it is a deaf event.
Oh I stripped down to tee shirt and panties and hosed myself down before starting , I think we may have got some extra points..laughing..Midnight♥♥♥

I don't know how many of you are aware of the Deaf Lumberjack Competition that is held yearly ( or was , I have not checked lately). It is just like what you see on TV log rolling..chain saw slicing thick trees for speed and accuracy, 1 and 2 man lumber saws for speed..climbing up tall trees and chopping the section off as quick as you can and then literally repelling down , you are attached with a waist harness and wear steel points in boots.
everything..well I was hanging with this friend who invited me to go and I was much younger. when we got there he told me he needed me to help him and he would pay me $100 ..I was like sure what do I have to do? lol I had to stand on a box aganst a huge circle arms and ankles strapped in place....and he threw axe's at balloons I was holding. now I am no longer a "need for thrill" kinda person , but I was , always rode a motorcycle, etc..and I figured I saw this guy and his axe's before ( and I am talking the long handle things, big blades) He did it , I kept my eyes closed and prayed and he won $500 for first place and gave me the $100 as promised for a job well done...it was awesome..I would not suggest anyone making a career out of this but anyone who likes the lumberjack thing find out where it is held. it is a deaf event.
Oh I stripped down to tee shirt and panties and hosed myself down before starting , I think we may have got some extra points..laughing..Midnight♥♥♥
Wow..Would never dare do that myself. RESPECT!

wow.

That so sounds like you, Minx! :lol:
I am surprised you didn't "up the ante" by making one of the axes dipped in poison. ;)

Geez, my most dangerous job? Hmmm, maybe it was being a CNA in the ER at a local hospital with everything going on. Or, was it when I was a CNA in the Alzheimer's ward and we had 3 violent patients, Maybe it was w2hen I did the data entry for a collection agency in the middle of the worst part of town and had to have 4 security guards with me all the time, the time I was working in the cashier's office at the grocery store when it was robbed, the bank as a teller when it was robbed, or as an office manager for a counseling agency for all of the County and Federal Probation & Parole clients. Kind of a toss-up with all of them. I was almost stabbed at the hospital with an IV needle that a patient pulled out, I have been beaten with canes, walkers and dinner trays in the Alzheimer's ward, not to mention them pushing you over or kicking you. All of it makes me glad that I now no longer work outside the home. My work is demanding enough doing what I do now without pay.

Cook.

Lots of hot surfaces and very sharp knives.

My current job ^. I've had stupid co-workers pour water into the deep fryers. There's no way of taking the water out, so you have to cook with what you've got. I've had oil splash out and onto my hand because of it. It was pretty painful.

i never been dangerous jobs in my life

my dad been work at SBC (Southwestern Bell Telephone,Co Inc.) they change company as ATT but my dad always careful himself on jobs i knew its risk jobs no fun!! But my dad leave jobs in 2004 because of heart surgery in 2004 and his doctor told my dad wont get too much risk in jobs but my dad been work there since 1978 till 2004 for 26 years but my dad missed his jobs very much but my dad need too easy they wont get more risk or get heart attack remind of my late grandfather have 2 heart attack in 1975 and 1976..

many million people got dangerous jobs and ingore doctor's advise that wrong choice i wont not allowed get that dangerous jobs!!

i had sezuire i cant have dangerous jobs NEVER!

Wow at MidnightSun!

My most dangerous job was working at Jack in the Box in the wee mornings because we had to close up the store at 2 AM. As a teenager, that was always nerve wracking for me to walk to the parking lot to my car all alone that late at night.

Hmmm....I've been a cook, prepper (sharp knives, hot surfaces etc) and still do that. Got tossed at with a sharp knife once. Damn...... Got put in the hospital when seven months pregnant from a freaky fall. Nothing happened with the baby but the Dr. was very freaked out about a possible placenta previa.

I've been involved in two shoot-outs (bullets fired less than 15 ft. from me) when I was a forensic photographer in Miami and when I was supervising an air cargo plane being offloaded in Bogota, Colombia.

Being a biomedical photographer at the onset of the AIDS outbreak (when people were just learning to handle human parts riddled with the AIDS virus out in the open).

Search warrants in Miami (just like the COPS shows, following police with a camera--anything can happen!)

Also night shifts like Shel90 said, coming out of buildings and heading home so late at night. I often flew overnight overseas so I would sometimes come back into Miami at 4, 5 am and try heading home in the wee hours. I carried a switchblade for protection for all my overseas flights.

Hmmm....I've been a cook, prepper (sharp knives, hot surfaces etc) and still do that. Got tossed at with a sharp knife once. Damn...... Got put in the hospital when seven months pregnant from a freaky fall. Nothing happened with the baby but the Dr. was very freaked out about a possible placenta previa.

I've been involved in two shoot-outs (bullets fired less than 15 ft. from me) when I was a forensic photographer in Miami and when I was supervising an air cargo plane being offloaded in Bogota, Colombia.

Being a biomedical photographer at the onset of the AIDS outbreak (when people were just learning to handle human parts riddled with the AIDS virus out in the open).

Search warrants in Miami (just like the COPS shows, following police with a camera--anything can happen!)

Also night shifts like Shel90 said, coming out of buildings and heading home so late at night. I often flew overnight overseas so I would sometimes come back into Miami at 4, 5 am and try heading home in the wee hours. I carried a switchblade for protection for all my overseas flights.

Tossed with a knife? What was that about?

Geologist assistant in East Kootenays, in the heart of bear and cattle country.

It's a good idea to have a bear dog with you. Will never go without a bear dog again.

It's a good idea to have a bear dog with you. Will never go without a bear dog again.

Sounds like the dog is the one with the most dangerous job!:giggle:

Which kind of bear dog did you have? The Karelian or Tahltan? Did you really use that dog to protect you from bears mauling you?

Back