The most dangerous job you ever took?

I don't know why, but that statement struck me as unbelievably funny.:laugh2:

It IS funny. I thought "underage alligator wrestler" was funny too!

I suppose my most dangerous was interning at the prison mental health unit.:dunno:

When I saw this thread, the first thing that actually came to my mind was interpreting at the mental health hospitals.

Quite a few interesting things has happened. :lol:

Either fighting wildfires with my crew with fire all around us or hiking through a burned out forest full of widow makers during a wildfire.

burned_area_drivethru.jpg

When I saw this thread, the first thing that actually came to my mind was interpreting at the mental health hospitals.

Yep, I can imagine.:wave: My most recent incident was being attacked by a 12 year old with schizophrenia in the middle of a psychotic break. His intent really wasn't to do harm...he was just very, very scared.

Yep, I can imagine.:wave: My most recent incident was being attacked by a 12 year old with schizophrenia in the middle of a psychotic break. His intent really wasn't to do harm...he was just very, very scared.

That was what I've seen. My team interp getting punched in the nose by a kid.

That was what I've seen. My team interp getting punched in the nose by a kid.

It can get rough sometimes. I've had my share of bumps and bruises, and a pair of broken glasses this last time. But never anything really serious. And you have to take into account where they are coming from. The only time I have had a problem is when someone is actively psychotic and scared half to death.

I was a machinist operator, I have to make sure all mounting are securely tight before cutting it or else that metal plate will fly like a frisbee, slice body in half.

Cool thread, dangerous jobs are interesting. I had some "dangerous" jobs when younger and braver. I only quitted one job, because it was too dangerous. It was as a nightwatch at a kind of mental ward. Ocassionally, I had to enter a room of a big, violent and mental retarded person, alone, in the mid of night to calm him down. Horror movies were never the same again, lol.

Hmm......I would have guessed you for 18 wheelers through the mountains

You know, I read somewhere a while back that tree trimming was the 3rd most dangerous job in the U.S. Had a friend get attacked by a nasty racoon while trimming a tree. I'm sure he thinks it the MOST dangerous!
Yeah, it is dangerous. The people who lived next door to our old house lost one of their little boys when a tree fell on him while the family was cutting trees for firewood. Sad.

Back