The most dangerous job you ever took?

Yeah, it is dangerous. The people who lived next door to our old house lost one of their little boys when a tree fell on him while the family was cutting trees for firewood. Sad.

OMG! How tragic!

I've worked in the food industry. It can be dangerous. For example, when I worked at the grocery store, I would have to cut deli meat once in a while for the salad bar and I've known workers who had their fingers cut by the cutter that cuts the meat. I've no doubt some even have lost fingers to this job.

Another job that I had was at Kings Dominion. We didn't have any AC so it was quite hot and you had to be careful not to get heatstroke. We didn't work indoors.

You know, I read somewhere a while back that tree trimming was the 3rd most dangerous job in the U.S. Had a friend get attacked by a nasty racoon while trimming a tree. I'm sure he thinks it the MOST dangerous!

Yeah it is.

This happened around the corner from where I was living at the time..

Man Killed In Wood Chipper - Denver News Story - KMGH Denver

I still remember the day, seeing cops flying all over the place and wondering why. Wow.

On occasion I would drive through the mountains on a crappy dirt road where one side it drops off far below as I bounce my way through. Sometimes a piece of the road is missing and you have to squeeze around it slowly to get by. But what's really scary is on those curvy paved roads up in the mountains where you have other idiots coming the opposite direction hogging up almost half of the road barreling down on you. True for dirt roads, too. Never assume a road is not being used even if you're way up there on a mountain side winding your way through. On turns, stay close to the edge and slow down just in case.

Yeah, it is dangerous. The people who lived next door to our old house lost one of their little boys when a tree fell on him while the family was cutting trees for firewood. Sad.

:shock: Now I feel bad for that family.

On occasion I would drive through the mountains on a crappy dirt road where one side it drops off far below as I bounce my way through. Sometimes a piece of the road is missing and you have to squeeze around it slowly to get by. But what's really scary is on those curvy paved roads up in the mountains where you have other idiots coming the opposite direction hogging up almost half of the road barreling down on you. True for dirt roads, too. Never assume a road is not being used even if you're way up there on a mountain side winding your way through. On turns, stay close to the edge and slow down just in case.

Or just floor it in India's case.

No wearing of the protective chainsaw chaps?
Nope. He was clearing some trees around our yard. He was wearing new jeans (grrrr). He did fine with the other trees but this one was rotten inside and started collapsing down instead of over. He jumped back and the running saw made a nice clean cut across his knee. We had to go the ER for stitches. Chainsaw accidents go to the head of the line. :lol:

Chainsaws back then had no safety bar lock.

I know it leaves an ugly scar. The same thing happened to my brother.
I guess they are "lucky."
Yes, it could have been worse.

TCS's scar is not bad (it's been many years), and it was stitched up pretty good at the Navy hospital. It hides among his other scars (high school track injury with cinders still there) and hairy legs.

A health aide! I had to drive in all kind of weather , ice storm were a night mare! One health aide was killed in an auto accident going to a client house! I badly hurt in an accident going to the drug store fror a client! My car was a total lost!! We had one snow storm that was really bad , our boss told us we made more house calls than the post office did during the snow storm!!

Thats pretty scary. One of my friends has been held at gun point twice. Once the gun was tapping on back of her head while a hold up. :shock:

Oh believe me, I'm terrified but I don't have a choice at the moment, it pays the bills.... it irritates me that theres no vacation time, no benefits, no raises, minimum wage, no lunch break, I work 7 1/2 hr days and I MIGHT get a 10 min break... been there for a little over a year and have never called in sick. They get away with it legally because I am the only one on my shift.... no one can relieve me.... no fun at all.

I just try not to think about stuff like that.... they don't even have a freakin alarm system or an emergency exit except the front doors.

Back