• Keep the AllDeaf Caucus as previously planned:

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Go with the ideas posted in this thread:

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I don't care one way or another:

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Instead of complaining on where the AD caucus is held, why not just go and enjoy it no matter where it is. And I really take offense at your remarks about Ohio as I am an Ohioan and there are many of us here from Ohio.

We have no problem with West Coasters, but you must understand also that there are MANY more deaf events on the West coast than there is on the east coast.

Also the last AD Caucus was in the Middle of the USA, therefore we all had to drive or fly. In 2010, it may be on the West Coast or in Canada or in Fla or wherever is it is decided to be held.

:werd: !!

That doesn't make sense!

You already had it on the east coast in 2006 and then decided to have another AD Caucus AGAIN on the east coast!:pissed:

Who cares if most of the people were from the east coast or not, you should move it around to different parts of the country and not in the same region.

The only thing that this AD Caucus has done is split the Deaf community. East Coast Deafies vs. West Coast Deafies.....

When/IF I show up at an AD Caucus....I'm voting ALASKA to have the next AD Caucus!:pissed:

By so far your username tell us you had a total posting of 14 and you joined Feb 2005... Where were you along the voting for the AD Caucus? You're too early to complain about the next AD Caucus after this one... Cheri, I agree with you on this :werd:

Who decided that the AD Caucas was to be in OHIO? :eek3:

Why OHIO?:ugh: :barf:

Why not somewhere more exciting like....New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Disneyland/DisneyWorld? :cool::rockon:

Cedar Point isn't all that. Unless you want to watch the corn grow. :roll:

Watch the corn grow? :confused:, It's not Iowa, its Ohio.

Why not start a West Coast AD Caucus? We can meet in SoCal places like Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm? I know SoCal has planned events already every year. Its just a thought.

Who decided that the AD Caucas was to be in OHIO? :eek3:

Why OHIO?:ugh: :barf:

Why not somewhere more exciting like....New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Disneyland/DisneyWorld? :cool::rockon:

Cedar Point isn't all that. Unless you want to watch the corn grow. :roll:

I would love to come to Canada that would be awesome and worthwhile. I never been to Canada before. I always dreamed of Quebec, Montreal bec I studied French in college it inspired me to want to visit Canada. I am a bit rusty in my French no practice. I love learning languages it seems to be a gift that I learn languages quickly :)
I enjoy traveling Canada Caucus would be nice, I am flexible not matter where traveling is a good experience and meeting new people in the deaf community.
We I live there is always deaf events and activities going to a new place is always an adventure.

Er um.. Troubling location again?
Okay.. Let's see.. why don't you guys fly over visit Canada.. That my NORTH..
Sound good to you for 2009's ?
I bet everyone will whine and complian that damn FAR NORTH!
I don't complain about flying or drive way way snowbird south and having fun meeting AD'ers.. I did went to ST Louis from 2006's.. Now, First of all... I'll look forward 2008 for OHIO..

Gonna look forward you guys visit canada.. I doubt!

Instead of complaining on where the AD caucus is held, why not just go and enjoy it no matter where it is. And I really take offense at your remarks about Ohio as I am an Ohioan and there are many of us here from Ohio.

We have no problem with West Coasters, but you must understand also that there are MANY more deaf events on the West coast than there is on the east coast.

Also the last AD Caucus was in the Middle of the USA, therefore we all had to drive or fly. In 2010, it may be on the West Coast or in Canada or in Fla or wherever is it is decided to be held.

I have to disagree....

There are MORE events on the east coast than the west coast for Deaf events....

As taking offense in regards to my remarks about Ohio, sorry, get over it. Ohio is a boring state, and I know it personally as I am an EX-Ohioan that saw better opportunities elsewhere than being in Ohio.

By so far your username tell us you had a total posting of 14 and you joined Feb 2005... Where were you along the voting for the AD Caucus? You're too early to complain about the next AD Caucus after this one... Cheri, I agree with you on this :werd:

Just because I've joined in 2005 and haven't posted doesn't necessairly mean I've voted for the AD Caucus.....

Secondly, just because someone has over 10,000 posts under their name doesn't mean anything. It just means they need to get off the computer and start enjoying life....

I pick and choose which debates I want to discuss and I am choosing this one because all major Deaf events tend to be on the eastern seaboard and its expensive for us deafies on the west coast to attend.

Why not start a West Coast AD Caucus? We can meet in SoCal places like Disneyland or Knott's Berry Farm? I know SoCal has planned events already every year. Its just a thought.

I think that is a GREAT idea, when is the next event?

We can have it in southern California, San Francisco, Honolulu, Seattle, Las Vegas. The list is endless......

Byrdie714-- You're going :topic: , we are not discussing about the future of AD Caucus. We are discussing about the 2008 to Ohio. You're not in charge of the AD Caucus. DreamDeaf set AD Caucus up from the start, if you don't like how it runs take your complaints up to her.

We will have California one day so just chill out will you? It's not the end of the world. ty!. :)

Just because I've joined in 2005 and haven't posted doesn't necessairly mean I've voted for the AD Caucus.....

Secondly, just because someone has over 10,000 posts under their name doesn't mean anything. It just means they need to get off the computer and start enjoying life....

I pick and choose which debates I want to discuss and I am choosing this one because all major Deaf events tend to be on the eastern seaboard and its expensive for us deafies on the west coast to attend.

Choosing whichever debates you desire to discuss is reasonable, however, disrespecting or insinuating such comments that more or less portrays a derogatory form of judgement which could lead to a flame-war or even a 'put-down' towards members here in AD isn't.

In other words: No need for this here in AD--

Get over it.

~RR

Choosing whichever debates you desire to discuss is reasonable, however, disrespecting or insinuating such comments that more or less portrays a derogatory form of judgement which could lead to a flame-war or even a 'put-down' towards members here in AD isn't.

In other words: No need for this here in AD--

Get over it.

~RR

How is it disrespecting? I like Cheri, I just happen to disagree with how AD Caucus is being hosted.

Also I am not putting anyone down. I just happen to disagree and if people don't like it, then they can stay "out of the kitchen", so to speak. :)

As for the 'flame-war', unfortunately AD Caucus put themselves in middle of it by keeping the AD Caucus on the east coast instead of moving it around like other Deaf organizations do.

How is it disrespecting? I like Cheri, I just happen to disagree with how AD Caucus is being hosted.

Also I am not putting anyone down. I just happen to disagree and if people don't like it, then they can stay "out of the kitchen", so to speak. :)

As for the 'flame-war', unfortunately AD Caucus put themselves in middle of it by keeping the AD Caucus on the east coast instead of moving it around like other Deaf organizations do.

u didnt vote... they did so pls respect them! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

But, I don't think St. Louis is on the east coast, I believe St. Louis is in the middle between east and west. :)

Maps.com - United States Outline Map

786px-Census_Regions_and_Divisions.PNG

yeah Missouri is in Central USA but more likely in midwestern region of USA.

Missouri

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
This article is about the U.S. state. For the river, see Missouri River. For all other uses, see Missouri (disambiguation).
State of MissouriFlag of MissouriSealNickname(s): The Show Me State
Motto(s): Salus populi suprema lex estoBefore Statehood Known as
The Missouri Territory

Official language(s)EnglishCapitalJefferson CityLargest cityKansas CityLargest metro areaSt Louis[1]Area Ranked 21st - Total69,709 sq mi
(180,693 km²) - Width240 miles (385 km) - Length300 miles (480 km) - % water1.16 - Latitude36° N to 40° 37′ N - Longitude89° 6′ W to 95° 46′ WPopulation Ranked 18th - Total5,817,211 - Density80.27/sq mi
31/km² (27th) - Median income $37,934 (31st)Elevation - Highest pointTaum Sauk Mountain[2]
1,772 ft (540 m) - Mean800 ft (240 m) - Lowest pointSaint Francis River[2]
230 ft (70 m)Admission to Union August 10, 1821 (24th)GovernorMatt Blunt (R)U.S. SenatorsKit Bond (R)
Claire McCaskill (D)
Congressional DelegationListTime zoneCentral : UTC-6/-5AbbreviationsMO US-MOWeb sitewww.mo.govMissouri (pronounced /mɪˈzʊri/ or /mɪˈzʊrə/) is a state in the Midwestern region of the United States[3] bordered by Iowa, Illinois, Kentucky, Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Kansas and Nebraska. Missouri is the eighteenth most populous state. It comprises 114 counties and one independent city. Missouri's capital is Jefferson City. The largest city is Kansas City, and the four largest urban areas are, in descending order, St. Louis, Kansas City, Springfield, and Columbia.[4] Missouri was originally purchased from France as part of the Louisiana Purchase and part of the Missouri Territory was admitted into the union as the 24th state in 1821.

Geography
Main article: Geography of Missouri
Missouri's borders physically touch a total of eight different states, as does its neighbor, Tennessee. No state in the U.S. touches more than eight states. Missouri is bounded on the north by Iowa; on the east, across the Mississippi River, by Illinois, Kentucky, and Tennessee; on the south by Arkansas; and on the west by Oklahoma, Kansas, and Nebraska (the latter across the Missouri River.) The two largest Missouri rivers are the Mississippi, which defines the eastern boundary of the state, and the Missouri, that flows west to east through the state, connecting the two largest cities, Kansas City and St. Louis.
Although today the state is usually considered part of the Midwest,[9][10] historically Missouri was sometimes considered a Southern state,[11], chiefly because of the settlement of migrants from the South and its status as a slave state before the Civil War. The counties that made up "Little Dixie" were those along the Missouri River in the center of the state, settled by Southern migrants who held the greatest concentration of slaves.
Residents of cities farther north and the state's large metropolitan areas, including those where most of the state's population resides (Kansas City, St. Louis, Columbia), typically consider themselves Midwestern. In rural areas and cities farther south, such as (Cape Girardeau, Poplar Bluff, Springfield, and Sikeston), people typically consider themselves more Southern.

Missouri - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

:giggle: esp?? freaky cat? (same thinking minds) ;)

Byrdie714, I can't believe you're complaining about the location in this thread. You're behind news about it. There were several threads about AD Caucus in the past. This thread here is all about AD Caucus 2008 and the location (Ohio) was already voted by some members! If you want somewhere else then perhaps you can be a "host" for a different location but not 2008, perhaps 2010 or two years after (the year is even numbers). Being a host is alot of work!!! From what I understand, AD Causus is to set up every two years. When you want to host then I would suggest you to set up your own thread for voting the location but not this thread! I think it would be fair for some of us members because some members already working on planning for for 2008 in Ohio.

People complaining NOW are a day late and a dollar short. :giggle:

Oh boy what's the big deal of complaints? :ugh3:

There's way plenty of deaf events going on around the United States from North to South, East to West. Every states have deaf events. If you don't want to go same states again and again, then don't go, and there's other events you can go. I've went to deaf events in Ohio, California, Oregon, Kentucky, and Texas. I don't care where to go, I'd love to touch more states and enjoy the fun. If you don't want to attend, then you can either host one in your area or attend other deaf events near you. Your choice.

Peace Out

Calvin

Back