• Keep the AllDeaf Caucus as previously planned:

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Go with the ideas posted in this thread:

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I don't care one way or another:

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK GET OVER YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT OHIO??? I THINK NOT! OHIO HAS ALOT TO OFFER IF YOU CARE TO FREAKING FIND IT! ALSO US OHIOANS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT AS RUDE AS YOU ARE! AND ON TOP OF THAT CEDAR POINT IS CONSIDERED THE AMUSEMENT PARK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. IT IS ON THE TOP TEN LISTS ALMOST EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

GEEZ, IF YOU DONT LIKE OHIO THEN ITS SIMPLE, DONT COME HERE. BUT FOR SOMEONE THAT ONLY HAS 14 OR SO POSTS TO COME INTO AD AND START TELLING US HOW TO RUN THE CAUCUS IS NOT ONLY RUDE BUT ARROGANT!

:werd:

Wow, I've been reading the thread. I just can't believe how it has became derailed just because of a simple misconception.

Who cares if it will be in Ohio, California, New York, Florida or any parts of the country and the world?

The point is -- At least there is a caucus for each and every one of us to attend to. It is all about a gathering where we get to see old friends and make new friends. It is also all about having a good time together. I wouldn't care where it is at. Where ever it is at, it is fine with me.

So, I'm saying -- If it is in Ohio or anywhere else, At least we will get from Point "A" to Point "B" just so we can be a 'family' for once in a sense.

Each places will get it's due. It might seem like the east coast has got the dibs but until otherwise, other cities (in other parts of the country/world) will get it's chance to be a host.

Just my 2 cents.

I think that is a GREAT idea, when is the next event?

We can have it in southern California, San Francisco, Honolulu, Seattle, Las Vegas. The list is endless......

I really don't care where its held as long we can meet people who are our new friends like I have developed online. I love traveling, if they do decide to make split so everyone can join in the fun for a change of location. I am not picky. Every year, Disneyland around March, Six Flags, Universal Studios just keep current on the dates. I don't know them right now. These are events arranged already by other organizations like GLAD, Inc. I think correct me if I am wrong.

Byirde, stop whine..

plenty plenty another year.. will come another location..
why do you care whine all the way.. get your own plan and ask anyone who want go .. not included AD cancus.. ok
Help your own making new kitchen!

But, I don't think St. Louis is on the east coast, I believe St. Louis is in the middle between east and west. :)

Maps.com - United States Outline Map

786px-Census_Regions_and_Divisions.PNG

Looks like it's in the same region to me......:roll:

OK GET OVER YOUR COMMENTS ABOUT OHIO??? I THINK NOT! OHIO HAS ALOT TO OFFER IF YOU CARE TO FREAKING FIND IT! ALSO US OHIOANS ARE OBVIOUSLY NOT AS RUDE AS YOU ARE! AND ON TOP OF THAT CEDAR POINT IS CONSIDERED THE AMUSEMENT PARK CAPITAL OF THE WORLD. IT IS ON THE TOP TEN LISTS ALMOST EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

GEEZ, IF YOU DONT LIKE OHIO THEN ITS SIMPLE, DONT COME HERE. BUT FOR SOMEONE THAT ONLY HAS 14 OR SO POSTS TO COME INTO AD AND START TELLING US HOW TO RUN THE CAUCUS IS NOT ONLY RUDE BUT ARROGANT!

:roll:

Have you read the other posts? It has mentioned that this individual made the decision to have it in Ohio without other people's votes and then come on this thread and ask for members votes on it. That particular action doesn't make sense.

What makes the difference now since it has been decided without everyone's input? Or is everyone scared to question others?

Secondly, why should we support the economy of Ohio since they passed Amendment 2? I am supporting my GLBT Deaf brothers & sisters by spending my money elsewhere.

This is how NAD defines regions:

Region I

Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia

Region II
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Wisconsin

Region III
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Louisana
Mississippi
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico

Region IV
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Oregon
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

Regions - National Association of the Deaf

Have you read the other posts? It has mentioned that this individual made the decision to have it in Ohio without other people's votes and then come on this thread and ask for members votes on it. That particular action doesn't make sense.

What other people?

What makes the difference now since it has been decided without everyone's input? Or is everyone scared to question others?

Secondly, why should we support the economy of Ohio since they passed Amendment 2? I am supporting my GLBT Deaf brothers & sisters by spending my money elsewhere.
The Caucus site for 2008 is decided. Maybe you should just plan your input for 2010.

This is how NAD defines regions:

Region I

Connecticut
Delaware
District of Columbia
Maine
Maryland
Massachusetts
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Pennsylvania
Rhode Island
Vermont
Virginia
West Virginia

Region II
Illinois
Indiana
Iowa
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
Minnesota
Missouri
Nebraska
North Dakota
Ohio
South Dakota
Wisconsin

Region III
Alabama
Arkansas
Florida
Georgia
Louisana
Mississippi
North Carolina
Oklahoma
South Carolina
Tennessee
Texas
Virgin Islands
Puerto Rico

Region IV
Alaska
Arizona
California
Colorado
Hawaii
Idaho
Montana
Nevada
New Mexico
Oregon
Utah
Washington
Wyoming

Regions - National Association of the Deaf

:ty: Reba!

Maybe AD Caucus should follow this method for future get-togethers? (After Ohio.)

I have been very busy at work with the merge btw WGI and URS - have had to do a lot of paperwork and name changes - also, we have been hiring new employees that I get home very tired and unwilling to get on the computer.

I have been kept up to date by the other moderators, so I haven't been entirely out of the loop.

As for the AD Caucus - it was decided by the majority that we will have a camp-out. It will be cheaper and cost-effective that way, and I have spoken with the campground in question - I can reserve up to five campsites, and each will fit at least 3 to 5 tents apiece. I am getting the electric hookups - since it will make it a bit easier for us. You are to contact me directly when ready to reserve the sites - I have to wait until January 2nd to find out the prices. The campground does have showers!

For those who would rather have a hotel bed, I have talked with several hotels in the Sandusky area - they are willing to keep those who are coming in the same room block. You would be responsible for reserving your room, though.

I had thought about having two day passes at Cedar Point and Soak City - and the campsite has a beach area.

Either we can put money together for food, or if you prefer, you would be responsible for your own meals.

I did think about going into Sandusky for a meal together - would have to reserve a room at a restaurant.

The reason for choosing Ohio is because the majority of the 2006 AD Caucus came from Ohio - and I wanted to honor them as they did come, despite the problems they had. I did bring it up at the Caucus banquet, and everyone were in agreement, and that meant all 12 of us.

As for the 2010 Caucus, I hope to be able to set up a location with the majority of votes from the 2008 Caucus and then help the next chairperson plan out the 2010 Caucus. I was just lucky to know some of the Ohio area, as my father's family lives in Ohio, and I have very very good friends that lives in Ohio who were willing to help me out.

There is no need to be negative about this - many people know that I go nuts pretty much every day cuz Im the HR/Accounting assistant and I do have LOTS of work to do.

However, on some good news - the merge is done, the paperwork is almost all done, and I have bought a brand-new laptop for myself... I should be able to get online more often during the evenings when I'm not too tired.

I will try to do better on informing you whats going on with the Caucus - just be patient.

awesome DD
i hope everything go smooth with your work smile and the AD caucus go very well smile

Unfortunately, the only years I'm anywhere near Ohio in the summertime is the odd number years (2007, 2009). Those are the years we travel to Michigan to visit Hubby's family. On the even number years (2006, 2008), we travel to Connecticut to visit my family. If the 2010 caucus is in either New England or the Southeast, we might be able to attend. So, I'm looking forward to knowing what the 2010 choice will be. :)

I have been very busy at work with the merge btw WGI and URS - have had to do a lot of paperwork and name changes - also, we have been hiring new employees that I get home very tired and unwilling to get on the computer.

I have been kept up to date by the other moderators, so I haven't been entirely out of the loop.

As for the AD Caucus - it was decided by the majority that we will have a camp-out. It will be cheaper and cost-effective that way, and I have spoken with the campground in question - I can reserve up to five campsites, and each will fit at least 3 to 5 tents apiece. I am getting the electric hookups - since it will make it a bit easier for us. You are to contact me directly when ready to reserve the sites - I have to wait until January 2nd to find out the prices. The campground does have showers!

For those who would rather have a hotel bed, I have talked with several hotels in the Sandusky area - they are willing to keep those who are coming in the same room block. You would be responsible for reserving your room, though.

I had thought about having two day passes at Cedar Point and Soak City - and the campsite has a beach area.

Either we can put money together for food, or if you prefer, you would be responsible for your own meals.

I did think about going into Sandusky for a meal together - would have to reserve a room at a restaurant.

The reason for choosing Ohio is because the majority of the 2006 AD Caucus came from Ohio - and I wanted to honor them as they did come, despite the problems they had. I did bring it up at the Caucus banquet, and everyone were in agreement, and that meant all 12 of us.

As for the 2010 Caucus, I hope to be able to set up a location with the majority of votes from the 2008 Caucus and then help the next chairperson plan out the 2010 Caucus. I was just lucky to know some of the Ohio area, as my father's family lives in Ohio, and I have very very good friends that lives in Ohio who were willing to help me out.

There is no need to be negative about this - many people know that I go nuts pretty much every day cuz Im the HR/Accounting assistant and I do have LOTS of work to do.

However, on some good news - the merge is done, the paperwork is almost all done, and I have bought a brand-new laptop for myself... I should be able to get online more often during the evenings when I'm not too tired.

I will try to do better on informing you whats going on with the Caucus - just be patient.

:ty: Thanks for explaining.

Awesome, Thanks for the update DreamieDeaf :thumb:

The Caucus site for 2008 is decided. Maybe you should just plan your input for 2010.

I don't want to hear his input he's not the owner of AD, I don't know who he is How can you allow someone can just stand up the plate and say I'll take over, he only made 27 posts, and I never seen him post before until in this thread, all sudden he wants to take over just because he doesn't like how it runs? :ugh:

DreamDeaf and Alex are the only two can make that decision where the AD Caucus should be held at, because DreamDeaf is the one who invented this event from the begin, and Alex is the owner of this site.

Last edited:
Amen. You decide, we are not force you to come. 2008 is good opportanty to visit friends or new faces. Yes, that AD Caucus is bi-yearly meets.

*image this like AOL BASH* Now, this is AD Bash. :)

Back