• Keep the AllDeaf Caucus as previously planned:

Votes: 10 33.3%
  • Go with the ideas posted in this thread:

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • I don't care one way or another:

Votes: 11 36.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm glad we got it all settled. We better bring this topic back on it's topic or otherwise Dreamie Deaf is gonna whip our butts. :Ohno:

Are we gonna have this AD Caucus in 2008? :fingersx:

I'm glad we got it all settled. We better bring this topic back on it's topic or otherwise Dreamie Deaf is gonna whip our butts. :Ohno:

Are we gonna have this AD Caucus in 2008? :fingersx:

Yes, right!
so...*ummm* Liebling and me are the same mind. we will coming for 2009 *big grin*
If ya all wanna to ALLDEAF Meeting for next 2008, that will be fine. ya all can go ahead to Meeting 2008. no plm!

Who decided that the AD Caucas was to be in OHIO? :eek3:

Why OHIO?:ugh: :barf:

Why not somewhere more exciting like....New York City, Chicago, San Francisco, Disneyland/DisneyWorld? :cool::rockon:

Cedar Point isn't all that. Unless you want to watch the corn grow. :roll:

Who decided that the AD Caucas was to be in OHIO? :eek3:

It was decided in St. Louis AD Caucus in 2006 because most of us who attended in 2006 were from the east coast. ;)

Why OHIO?:ugh: :barf:

Because we decided the next one would be on the east coast in 2008, so Ohio is on the east coast. :)

We will have one year in the north coast, another year in the south coast, another year in the west coast so that everyone would have their chance to attend the AD Caucus. :)

It was decided in St. Louis AD Caucus in 2006 because most of us who attended in 2006 were from the east coast. ;)

Because we decided the next one would be on the east coast in 2008, so Ohio is on the east coast. :)

We will have one year in the north coast, another year in the south coast, another year in the west coast so that everyone would have their chance to attend the AD Caucus. :)
I don't mind that Ohio was picked but Ohio was not on the East Coast last time I looked at the map of the USA. :P Ohio is in the Midwest or Central USA.

I don't mind that Ohio was picked but Ohio was not on the East Coast last time I looked at the map of the USA. :P Ohio is in the Midwest or Central USA.

we use eastern time zone here in Ohio, so it's in the east coast. ;)

we use eastern time zone here in Ohio, so it's in the east coast. ;)

Oh yeah, we wouldn't want the poor ADers to be confused by one hour between Ohio and slightly east of there. :giggle:

Uh Oh, did I just follow into the mistake, Reba...Ohio isn't on EST? Lol!
The problem is time zones have nothing to do with coastlines. US time zones aren't divided by oceans.

OIC, Reba, oh, well, I was just goofing around here. How far would you have to go, if you could/want to this Caucus?

Er um.. Troubling location again?
Okay.. Let's see.. why don't you guys fly over visit Canada.. That my NORTH..
Sound good to you for 2009's ?
I bet everyone will whine and complian that damn FAR NORTH!
I don't complain about flying or drive way way snowbird south and having fun meeting AD'ers.. I did went to ST Louis from 2006's.. Now, First of all... I'll look forward 2008 for OHIO..

Gonna look forward you guys visit canada.. I doubt!

I don't complain about flying or drive way way snowbird south and having fun meeting AD'ers.. I did went to ST Louis from 2006's.. Now, First of all... I'll look forward 2008 for OHIO..

I wouldn't mind going to your area as I grew up in Minnesota! But have lived in CA for a long time now. I would need a refresher course on Moose 101 language! :giggle:

From what I understand, the AD Caucus is setting every two years (even year number). You probably are talking about AD Caucus 2010???

That doesn't make sense!

You already had it on the east coast in 2006 and then decided to have another AD Caucus AGAIN on the east coast!:pissed:

Who cares if most of the people were from the east coast or not, you should move it around to different parts of the country and not in the same region.

The only thing that this AD Caucus has done is split the Deaf community. East Coast Deafies vs. West Coast Deafies.....

When/IF I show up at an AD Caucus....I'm voting ALASKA to have the next AD Caucus!:pissed:

Instead of complaining on where the AD caucus is held, why not just go and enjoy it no matter where it is. And I really take offense at your remarks about Ohio as I am an Ohioan and there are many of us here from Ohio.

We have no problem with West Coasters, but you must understand also that there are MANY more deaf events on the West coast than there is on the east coast.

Also the last AD Caucus was in the Middle of the USA, therefore we all had to drive or fly. In 2010, it may be on the West Coast or in Canada or in Fla or wherever is it is decided to be held.

OIC, Reba, oh, well, I was just goofing around here. How far would you have to go, if you could/want to this Caucus?
I'm afraid it won't be possible for me to go to the Caucus in 2008. We barely manage one trip per year, and summer 2008 is my family reunion in Connecticut. I also may be attending my nephew's wedding this summer in Connecticut (I hope both events are the same week). That pretty much breaks the bank for me.

According to the online map, it's 762 miles, and about 12 hours driving.

Back