How come I never hear of deaf billionaire?

Dr. Jennifer Derebery, an otolaryngologist at the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles, treated Limbaugh's deafness through cochlear implants. Derebery says it is possible there is a connection between Limbaugh's sudden hearing loss in 2001 and abuse of painkillers, but she said there is no way to know for sure, ABC News reports.

"We don't know why some people, but apparently not most, who take large doses may lose their hearing," Dr. Jennifer Derebery said on ABC News' "Good Morning America" program. "The reason we don't know is because we ultimately have to have biopsy specimens of the inner ear to tell that. But you can't biopsy the inner ear of a person who is alive because we are going to destroy the hearing

from Did drugs cause <br> Rush's deafness?

I personally don't think it is right to say "It was because of drugs!" when you don't even know for sure. Could it have been? Yes. But it cannot be said as if there is actual definitive proof. That is wrong, to me.

I have always thought it was due to the painkillers...

I have always thought it was due to the painkillers...

Well, anti-drug people probably came up with that, I'm sure. We should always do our own research though. It was caused by an immune disease. Did the drugs cause the immune disease? Maybe, but we don't know.

Well, anti-drug people probably came up with that, I'm sure. We should always do our own research though. It was caused by an immune disease. Did the drugs cause the immune disease? Maybe, but we don't know.

Wiki said it was caused by an auto-immune disease. His own doctor has stated that it could very well have been as a result of the high dosages of hydrocodone over time. It is much more like that it was the painkillers, than as the result of a "rare autoimmune disorder". More than likely, if he had an autoimmune disorder at all, it merely exacerbated the ototoxic effects of the drugs. His doctor says nothing about an auto-immune disorder, and if that were the case, I'm certain she would have spoken up. The best they can come up with was, "Maybe it was the drugs, maybe not." That is nothing more than PR damage control in an attempt to save whatever small amount of his career than can be salvaged.

Drugs don't cause autoimmune disorders.

Anti-drug people? Come on. The man is a prescription drug addict who took many times the recommended dosage over a long period of time and engaged in illegal behavior in order to keep up his addiction.

a million dollars these days isnt even that much anymore...a multi millionaire of over 10 mill is about as good as a over $1mill millionaire in the early 80s

ditto about deaf billionaire , prolly none at all, if by freak fo nature one defies wins a big lotto......multiple times.....

hide somewhere maybe a mountain is where it's so quiet and private. a billionaire person who drive a hyundai accent, can u imagine that?. you never know.

To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

Don't know any deaf billionaire, but I know of a few deaf millionaires, one of whom I still talk to on a regular basis. They didn't exactly start from scratch, though, rather they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, if you know what I mean. :)

Don't know any deaf billionaire, but I know of a few deaf millionaires, one of whom I still talk to on a regular basis. They didn't exactly start from scratch, though, rather they were born with a silver spoon in their mouths, if you know what I mean. :)

I can assume who that is... Well... I shouldnt jump the gun...

But I do chat with a deaf billionaire on a regular basis.

And I know of three.

I can assume who that is... Well... I shouldnt jump the gun...

But I do chat with a deaf billionaire on a regular basis.

And I know of three.

billionaire or millionarie?
as in american billionarie they are worth - x,000,000,000
whereas a british billionaire are worth - x,000,000,000,000

if that one was a British then id say hot damn!, but chances are s/he is not a Deaf , but just a deaf or Hoh...
am i wrong?

I know off one multi millionaire Deaf and i do chat with him online on a regular basis, he travelled extensively around the world, visited my place 4 times, once from Antarctica while at that he smuggled a 12 year Van Winkle after been thru South America! (which was risky) So, from this, I am inclined to believe you, but I would find it hard to believe for a Deaf Billionaire to exist even if there was any..

I have yet try to save up $$ to go to the States within 2 years, I really really want to go see everyone there.

To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

so... you a billionaire yet? or a millionaire?

and FYI - no you do not have to be able to read and write in proper English. For starter - if you have no problem backstabbing people, walking over people especially your friends, and making decisions without compassion... you just might have a shot there :)

billionaire or millionarie?
as in american billionarie they are worth - x,000,000,000
whereas a british billionaire are worth - x,000,000,000,000

if that one was a British then id say hot damn!, but chances are s/he is not a Deaf , but just a deaf or Hoh...
am i wrong?

I know off one multi millionaire Deaf and i do chat with him online on a regular basis, he travelled extensively around the world, visited my place 4 times, once from Antarctica while at that he smuggled a 12 year Van Winkle after been thru South America! (which was risky) So, from this, I am inclined to believe you, but I would find it hard to believe for a Deaf Billionaire to exist even if there was any..

I have yet try to save up $$ to go to the States within 2 years, I really really want to go see everyone there.

i know more than several millionaires.

And that Billionaire... I'm not sure what you're getting at with the British thing but hey... 1 bil USD is a ton of money. I doubt anyone has 1 British bil.... in the world.

I didn't say Deaf, though.

so... you a billionaire yet? or a millionaire?

and FYI - no you do not have to be able to read and write in proper English. For starter - if you have no problem backstabbing people, walking over people especially your friends, and making decisions without compassion... you just might have a shot there :)

WTF? dont have to be able to read and write? In America, you have to be able to understand others. My english teacher told me so. And my parents are millionaires yes sir. I will be able to use that fortune to increase my future fortune. And FYI I have compassion for others, deaf people who is WILLING to work to earn a living. That is the important word, WILLING. I dont need deaf people sitting on couch hoping to win lottery, or getting money from the government. My parents, whom is deaf, worked their asses off to earn a living, and they became successful doing so. I thank them. Jiro, do you know anyone who doesnt know how to write or read that is filthy rich? like over 100 millions dollar worth. Can you become a millionaire getting free money from government? I dont think so, sir.

Simple, invite a hearing billionaire over to you house for a visit... then play your 10000-watt stereo system at full blast. He's now a deaf billionaire. ;)

Like som..if I ever become a millionaire or billionaire, I wouldn't reveal my weath. Yes, it probably would be hard to hide the lifestyle change from friends, coworkers, and family. Until then, not worried about it since the chances of that happening are slim. Would be nice though.

#1 reason why billionaires are very lonely. Imagine that! your friends, and especially family members, constantly begging you for money! :pissed:

And they don't talk as good relation, then no money for them.

Wirelessly posted

Honestly I wouldn't change my lifestyle that much. Believe it or not, I once had a million dollars handed to me...but it didn't feel right so I donated all of it to a program overseas. Never regretted it. It was the right thing to do.

Back