How come I never hear of deaf billionaire?

Wirelessly posted

Honestly I wouldn't change my lifestyle that much. Believe it or not, I once had a million dollars handed to me...but it didn't feel right so I donated all of it to a program overseas. Never regretted it. It was the right thing to do.

I............ don't know

To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

We got another one, folks. :roll:

I hate mansions. It's too depressing to live in mansion. You're basically using only 5% of the mansion - kitchen and bedroom. My friend lives in a mansion where nobody talks to each other because they live so far apart in it. That's why his family is selling it to small house. It is indeed nice to look at but depressing to live in it.

Because of my father's line of work, I did live in mansions and it's true, they're depressing. One feels very lost and lonely in them.

Because of my father's line of work, I did live in mansions and it's true, they're depressing. One feels very lost and lonely in them.

While I didn't quite live in one, I did live in a large home ( we had two floors not including the basement and the attic) when I was growing up. My dad was a practicing MD before he retired. I tell you they require a lot of maintenance - especially if you like to collect antiques. It's hard to do all this by yourself or even if you hire a maid to do some of the work.

I would much prefer condo or a small house thank you very much.

There are quite a few empty ones here on Palm Beach. Not quite McMansions, but close enough.

One of the volunteers we had when I worked for the Better Business Bureau, her hubby was with HearX Corp. (he owned it from what I remember). their place on Palm Beach had something like 35 bedrooms and 40 bathrooms, 4 dining rooms and all the rest. She said they only keep the West side available and all the rest was closed off since it was too costly to keep clean and cooled. It was just the 2 of them. they did open it up every three years, for a deep clean and to make sure there were no leaks and such. I have since heard they left and sold the house or something. I just know, driving through Palm Beach, there are a lot of empty homes with for sale signs.

To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

Money doesnt discriminate

I would rather live comfortably than being a billionaire.

nah Id Love to be a billionaire, imagine nice swimming pools, parties, and fast cars hot damn and lots of travelling , actually id just pick a medium sized home with 4 bedroom, a pool, spa pool like ordinary 'well to do ' folks and just travel alot and enjoy nice things and a few fast cars that would be it, forget massive show off homes.....its a hassle to own. A good 3 story home will do for me, with a top floor for office and bedroom with a great view, no wait, I think a dinning room/kitchen should on top floor, - THAT will be using the view as more enjoyment since bedroom is seldom occupied -only at night which is a waste of the height.. im bit weird i know but i know what i like

Some billionaire do not want to reveal their life. Respect their privacy. If I am billionaire, I would not revel myself at all!

'Fountain Magazine' always list who are richest people in the world.

Ronald Regan was HOH , I do not know how rich he was .

Wirelessly posted

Honestly I wouldn't change my lifestyle that much. Believe it or not, I once had a million dollars handed to me...but it didn't feel right so I donated all of it to a program overseas. Never regretted it. It was the right thing to do.

I definitely would make some changes to my lifestyle if I was handed a million dollars. That's just me. I want the chance to own a designer purse..not a copy. LOL!

I seriously want a party backyard with all the works. :D

I agree with the last part

the first part...makes me wonder if Stupid was sitting alongside with you. :hmm:

Last edited:
I definitely would make some changes to my lifestyle if I was handed a million dollars. That's just me. I want the chance to own a designer purse..not a copy. LOL!

I seriously want a party backyard with all the works. :D

Now I know you and I are going to hit it off...my dream wedding is a backyard party :)

I are you serious?? What about the deaf woman that in 'Children of a Lesser God' she not a billionaire but I bet she is a lot richer than you ! You need a new 'user name'!

Also, ahem, SmartDeaf - you need better English, if you're going to be bragging about your writing skills. Check your spelling, subject-verb number agreement, and your verb tenses particularly.

Back