How come I never hear of deaf billionaire?

Wirelessly posted (sent from a smartphone. )

How can a middle class actress and a police officer afford a house almost a million dollars? Hope they can find a $200,000 dollar house, but I doubt it in LA in a good area. Rentinf would be a better option for them.

Last edited:

How can a middle class actress and a police officer afford a house almost a million dollars? Hope they can find a $200,000 dollar house, but I doubt it in LA in a good area. Rentinf would be a better option for them.

They can.... With right budgeting.

A deaf billionaire? I don't think so. There are plenty of deaf millionaires, though.

posts from hell said:

They can.... With right budgeting.

Show me a budget table to prove me. :)

To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

A senior in high school, eh? Where?

Your middle and high school situation seemed reminiscent of my middle and high school days--when I took honors and APs classes...and I agree that the APs I took are too easy, but it still does help me to prepare for my college classes, in a way.

I agree with the part about living on government's welfare checks. A line has to be drawn somewhere about that.

Also....FYI, you don't need to know English to become billionaires (What about those non-English speaking millionaire and billionaires? I do know a few of such people and they don't know English very well.) And just because my grammar and writing are horrible doesn't mean I'm not smart and capable of working hard and becoming "successful"...but I'm not suggesting anyone write with truly, truly bad and unreadable and hard to understand piece of writing that can be a pain to read.

sheila022 said:
To be a billionaire, you have to be able to read and write proper English, which is difficult for many ASL users because they tend to use American Sign Language for communication and writing. Not many people know that type of writing. So what I am stating, deaf people need to start learning proper English and grammar. In fact, you would need to learn those things in order to be successful in United States. I am myself a deaf person, indeed, and look at my writing. It looks successful, right? It is because I motivated myself. I forced myself to learn English. I used to be in Expectional Student Education but I find it not challenging enough so I came up to my principal and my ESE supervisor to request to put myself in regular classes in elementary. When I got in middle school, I asked my teacher to move me in honors classes, and they did. I succeed.. In high school, I found honors classes, yet again, not challenging enough. I moved up to AP courses, which is college level classes in high school. I am currently a senior in high school. I am very successful right now, with huge goals in the future. I plan to increase commmunications between both deaf-to-deaf and deaf-to-hearing. All this was possible just because I forced myself to be better.

Its you guys who do not know how to write or read right that is making all deaf people look bad. In fact, probably less than 5% of the deaf people is smart as normal people. The rest of those people are probably sitting on the couch getting money from government just because you are deaf. Thats dumb move ever. You can do it, but you just do not want to do it. That is the problem. Getting money from the government is not cool. Other people would look at you like you are lazy, which causes them to think deaf people are lazy.

For those children with hearing parents, the parents should not try to make their deaf children hearing. Those children is having hard time understanding because the parents refused to learn deaf culture. My parents are indeed deaf people but my grandparents aren't and they forced themselves to learn deaf culture and they loved it. You parents need to start learning deaf culture. Deaf people use English but in different way.

So if y'all see a deaf person become a billionaire (hopefully, myself, as I want to build a multi-billion communication company) it is because they succeed. Not sitting on the couch getting free money, or looking for free stuffs.

A senior in high school, eh? Where?

Your middle and high school situation seemed reminiscent of my middle and high school days--when I took honors and APs classes...and I agree that the APs I took are too easy, but it still does help me to prepare for my college classes, in a way.

I agree with the part about living on government's welfare checks. A line has to be drawn somewhere about that.

Also....FYI, you don't need to know English to become billionaires (What about those non-English speaking millionaire and billionaires? I do know a few of such people and they don't know English very well.) And just because my grammar and writing are horrible doesn't mean I'm not smart and capable of working hard and becoming "successful"...but I'm not suggesting anyone write with truly, truly bad and unreadable and hard to understand piece of writing that can be a pain to read.

Agreed with ya. I've seen some deaf people with reading and English worse than mine and they got a comfortable lifestyle and I dont have one. It doesn't really matter as long they are smart enough to understand how money and business works.

Agreed with ya. I've seen some deaf people with reading and English worse than mine and they got a comfortable lifestyle and I dont have one. It doesn't really matter as long they are smart enough to understand how money and business works.

Or smart enough to know how superficial it is and opt for a comfortable, stress free life instead.

Beowulf said:

Or smart enough to know how superficial it is and opt for a comfortable, stress free life instead.

Yeah so people can be smart in different ways. :)

It's socal. Decent family size homes don't ever run under ~200k there for the cheapest. If your house is worth 200-300's, first things that come to my mind are single story homes with 1 bathroom.

In places like eastern pasadena and arcadia, homes are the bigger old fashioned styled foundations like they have in Pennsylvania, but much bigger than the OC/LA homes. It's a given they'll be more than the 400-500k median. Plus, that 1% CA property tax hurts. That's already an extra $9000 annually assuming the home is refinanced. It's listed in pasadena so it's not that surprising...

It's socal. Decent family size homes don't ever run under ~200k there for the cheapest. If your house is worth 200-300's, first things that come to my mind are single story homes with 1 bathroom.

In places like eastern pasadena and arcadia, homes are the bigger old fashioned styled foundations like they have in Pennsylvania, but much bigger than the OC/LA homes. It's a given they'll be more than the 400-500k median. Plus, that 1% CA property tax hurts. That's already an extra $9000 annually assuming the home is refinanced. It's listed in pasadena so it's not that surprising...

Yeah, like I said doubt it. They might end up moving out of South California if they don't find a deal. They got 4 children and it won't work well in Los Angeles area with a income they got.

Yeah, like I said doubt it. They might end up moving out of South California if they don't find a deal. They got 4 children and it won't work well in Los Angeles area with a income they got.

yeah, that will be tough since they probably still want the kids to have a good education, go to those private top rated schools and she needs close access to hollywood. Living in socal economy is harsh.

You know people who is millionaire or billionaire have tendency to buy very very large house or mansion because of tax, property, itemize deductions or write off. You know, people who is rich who live in tiny house don't mind splurging huge amount of money to Uncle Sam..that is fine, but it's better off to buy huge house regardless how many people living in it, then you will get less tax owed.

Marlee Matin's income probably fluctuates a lot. She's had pretty steady work in TV and films over the years, with some gaps when she was having her children, so it's probably up a lot some years, lower in other years. She sounds like a woman with a good plan to take care of this tax issue and move on. She'll do fine in the long run, I'd guess.

Plenty of self-employed people or others with irregular income get into tax troubles. If a person isn't famous, it's not likely to be front page news. We only know about it in her case because of her fame as an actress; if your neighbor down the street owes the IRS something, you're not likely to know about it unless they tell you.

At first i thought the screenname what I saw smartdeaf were Smurfdeaf. :lol:

smartdeaf, my dad's first language is spoken italian, not in writing and he does have sort of broken english mixed up with his spoken italian and amercian. yet, He lives in a veryyyyy cozy home with my mom. The whole point is to WORK HARDER. Simple as that! it may not mean nothing to do with better english to make lot of fortunes. However, if you want to be teacher, professional, lawyer, or journal then you would more likely have a solid english.

SMURFDEAF, Well, What a tactless posts of yours to us. *smh*

At first i thought the screenname what I saw smartdeaf were Smurfdeaf. :lol:

smartdeaf, my dad's first language is spoken italian, not in writing and he does have sort of broken english mixed up with his spoken italian and amercian. yet, He lives in a veryyyyy cozy home with my mom. The whole point is to WORK HARDER. Simple as that! it may not mean nothing to do with better english to make lot of fortunes. However, if you want to be teacher, professional, lawyer, or journal then you would more likely have a solid english.

SMURFDEAF, Well, What a tactless posts of yours to us. *smh*

Awww, he is just a typical high schooler who dreams the world will be handed to him on a silver platter. He is in for a rude awakening. :giggle:

Show me a budget table to prove me. :)

A $900,000 house with no money down at 4.5% is only $4600 a month.

A middle class job can be 100k/yr, plus the officer's salary.

That's about 1/3 of their income, so therefore, affordable.

That's also before the PMI/Taxes.. But I am pretty sure they put down 20%.

Back