How come I never hear of deaf billionaire?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. Check your math.

100,000 divided by 12 = $8333 per month.

8333 divided by 3 = $2777. THAT is 1/3 of their gross income.

$4600 a month is well over half their monthly gross income. No way that would be considered affordable.

Plus, by the time you figure taxes (roughly 25% of that $100,000, including federal and likely state taxes), social security contributions, retirement contributions, health insurance, etc., someone with $100,000 gross income probably ends up with something around $60,000 net.

So that's 60,000 divided by 12, $5,000 a month. Take one third, at MOST, of that, you get $5,000/3 = $1666.

THAT is the amount of mortgage someone with that income should be shooting for, more or less.

(Above is in response to PFH's claim that someone with $100,000 gross income could afford a mortgage of $900,000.)

A $900,000 house with no money down at 4.5% is only $4600 a month.

A middle class job can be 100k/yr, plus the officer's salary.

That's about 1/3 of their income, so therefore, affordable.

That's also before the PMI/Taxes.. But I am pretty sure they put down 20%.

redacted due to being unable to read.

Now look here... "Plus the officers salary"

I took a quick glance around for burbank salaries for officers....

BENEFITS OF BEING A BURBANK POLICE OFFICER

The City Of Burbank is a special urban community. It is here that residents find tranquil neighborhoods, peace in their homes, and protection from the potentially negative aspects of major industry and population densities. The Burbank Police Department plays a vital role in the community with 168 sworn employees and many opportunities for advancement and career development.

SALARY RANGE

YEARLY SALARY: $61,884 - $75,396
100k + lets say 65k... 165k, now do the math...

A $900,000 house with no money down at 4.5% is only $4600 a month.

A middle class job can be 100k/yr, plus the officer's salary.

That's about 1/3 of their income, so therefore, affordable.

That's also before the PMI/Taxes.. But I am pretty sure they put down 20%.

Your post claims that $4600 a month is "about 1/3" of an income of $100,00. That is not correct.

Look at it this way: $4600 a month, times 12, equals $55,200. That is more than half of $100,000.

The arithmetic is not that complicated.

You're still looking at 1/3 of "gross." It's better to plan a mortgage on 1/3 of "net."

You're still looking at 1/3 of "gross." It's better to plan a mortgage on 1/3 of "net."

That depends. Now go and calculate a 20% down payment and you see it drops to 3700 a month.

Bottom line: A middle class actor and a police officer can afford a 1mil dollar home if they do it right.

Sure. A small one or two person family could better afford to figure based on "gross" rather than a family of, for instance, four children, where they would be smarter to figure based on "net."

don't cops get a certain tax benefit?

Sometimes some cities give police officers who live in the cities where they work a break on their property taxes. Far as I know they don't get any break on federal or state taxes.

I'm currently dating someone who earns about 200k a year and has a lot of money in bonds/investments. He can afford a mortgage for a 900k house or even buy it, but he still has a goal to save up a bit more so he can get a bigger house. He's always aiming for something bigger, and I'm not surprised. I learned a lot from him so if I ever get rich, it's wise to invest it so I can live off its interest alone.

I've learned from dating wealthy guys that they're f*cking selfish and self conceited. It's your choice on whether you want to date a self conceited man who won't give you a penny or be content with someone who makes an average income. It's a gamble though.

I thought that you might like to read this one. It's true. The man is retired as a doctor. He has some dark sides. He owns several largest horse farms in four states. He broke some laws. He abused his horses and increased the activities using the horse automatic exceriser. The exerciser machine has an electric shocker on "gate doors" to push the horse to keep walking around for 12 hours.

He loves doing that for his business. Many of his horses over the years have died due water and food lacks which he thinks that they were no good. He was arrested once for this one, but he got the bail. He moved out of state immediately so that the police are not able to find him. Later, his farm employees got injured from a tractor and some others. He never paid them for their hospital fees. They complained him that got him angry then fired all of them. He immediately moved to another state again to get away from the law. Finally, he got married in two weeks from a date service online because his purpose to save his tax. That is so weird. His wife still does not know his dark side.

He is still millionaire and owns a 12,000 acres of cow and horse farm in one state, 300 acres in other state, and more. bah bah. Can you imagine that she finds out about his abuse story and she will be involved in the criminal? Actually, she is very happy that she has a lot of money.

I thought that you might like to read this one. It's true. The man is retired as a doctor. He has some dark sides. He owns several largest horse farms in four states. He broke some laws. He abused his horses and increased the activities using the horse automatic exceriser. The exerciser machine has an electric shocker on "gate doors" to push the horse to keep walking around for 12 hours.

He loves doing that for his business. Many of his horses over the years have died due water and food lacks which he thinks that they were no good. He was arrested once for this one, but he got the bail. He moved out of state immediately so that the police are not able to find him. Later, his farm employees got injured from a tractor and some others. He never paid them for their hospital fees. They complained him that got him angry then fired all of them. He immediately moved to another state again to get away from the law. Finally, he got married in two weeks from a date service online because his purpose to save his tax. That is so weird. His wife still does not know his dark side.

He is still millionaire and owns a 12,000 acres of cow and horse farm in one state, 300 acres in other state, and more. bah bah. Can you imagine that she finds out about his abuse story and she will be involved in the criminal? Actually, she is very happy that she has a lot of money.

Actually, it shouldn't be any harder to find him because he has an employer ID that must be listed on all business and tax records. If someone finds that he's married, someone could easily look up his wife's records to find where they are living. Plus, the courts could issue an order for his assets to be seized.

Actually, it shouldn't be any harder to find him because he has an employer ID that must be listed on all business and tax records. If someone finds that he's married, someone could easily look up his wife's records to find where they are living. Plus, the courts could issue an order for his assets to be seized.

Yeah, that's true. But, why she did it? Does this means that she is dumb? She gets the divorce, then she probably gets his money depending the state law. I do not know much about it.

To the people doing the math on house prices and incomes, are you forgetting that a mortgage can be ten years, fifteen years, twenty years, and thirty years?

Assuming the mortgage is 20 years, the monthly payment could be $3750 (plus interest, insurance, taxes, etc). 30 years = $2500+ per month.

I wouldn't be surprised if Marlee made a mistake somewhere because it got to be hard doing her own taxes and listing all those jobs she has over a year, plus the various deductions, plus her husband's taxes, etc. She probably also has investment somewhere, so the interest has to be included on the tax forms (depending on how the interest is classified for tax purposes). On the other hand, if she has an accountant to deal with her returns, she still has to pay up for any mistake her accountant makes.

Yeah, that's true. But, why she did it? Does this means that she is dumb? She gets the divorce, then she probably gets his money depending the state law. I do not know much about it.

Love could be blind, maybe she turned the cheek, maybe she doesn't care, who knows? As for the divorce, it also depends on what was listed on a prenup if she signed one.

A senior in high school, eh? Where?

Your middle and high school situation seemed reminiscent of my middle and high school days--when I took honors and APs classes...and I agree that the APs I took are too easy, but it still does help me to prepare for my college classes, in a way.

I agree with the part about living on government's welfare checks. A line has to be drawn somewhere about that.

Also....FYI, you don't need to know English to become billionaires (What about those non-English speaking millionaire and billionaires? I do know a few of such people and they don't know English very well.) And just because my grammar and writing are horrible doesn't mean I'm not smart and capable of working hard and becoming "successful"...but I'm not suggesting anyone write with truly, truly bad and unreadable and hard to understand piece of writing that can be a pain to read.

It also depends on what type of billionaire. We are talking about self made billionaires here right (not just someone who inherits wealth)?

Your argument that they don't need to speak English is flawed, because the one who do not speak english, speak a language that has a large medium, for example the 189 billionaires of China speak at least some form of chinese.

Deaf people are not going to be able to communicate with other people directly, and the Deaf community by itself is not efficient enough to produce any billionaires (blame it on lack of oil reserves, game changing computer scientists, real estate owners).

That said, knowing english well enough or doing excellent in school are hardly any reasons to think someone is able to become a billionaire. It requires much more luck than brains or education.

It also depends on what type of billionaire. We are talking about self made billionaires here right (not just someone who inherits wealth)?

Your argument that they don't need to speak English is flawed, because the one who do not speak english, speak a language that has a large medium, for example the 189 billionaires of China speak at least some form of chinese.

Deaf people are not going to be able to communicate with other people directly, and the Deaf community by itself is not efficient enough to produce any billionaires (blame it on lack of oil reserves, game changing computer scientists, real estate owners).

That said, knowing english well enough or doing excellent in school are hardly any reasons to think someone is able to become a billionaire. It requires much more luck than brains or education.

Oh my.... Another ignorant post.

So - I have a question for you, young lad. Do you think you will NEVER be a billionaire just because you're deaf?

I believe that it has to do with deaf children's hearing parents that are the billionaires. There is one Alldeaf username that we know of, not himself a billionaire, but his parents. Another Alldeaf username joined for a short time and then quit it. Very interesting. We are just in a small world - I think.

At first i thought the screenname what I saw smartdeaf were Smurfdeaf. :lol:

smartdeaf, my dad's first language is spoken italian, not in writing and he does have sort of broken english mixed up with his spoken italian and amercian. yet, He lives in a veryyyyy cozy home with my mom. The whole point is to WORK HARDER. Simple as that! it may not mean nothing to do with better english to make lot of fortunes. However, if you want to be teacher, professional, lawyer, or journal then you would more likely have a solid english.

SMURFDEAF, Well, What a tactless posts of yours to us. *smh*

:P I wish I had thought to call myself Smurfdeaf!

Back