How come I never hear of deaf billionaire?

I think he is not technically deaf, he was a hearing person who went deaf from drug use.

really? never heard of case that you can go deaf from drug use. interesting... what drug?

Deaf billionaires ? I don't think so ... but, maybe millionaires - very few of them. Not many....

I don't mind to be a millionaire's wife. :giggle: We will have a blast time together before all the world fall apart. :P

There is no known deaf billionaires on record. But I can tell you that there is a deaf individual who happened to be a multi-millionaire. The individual I am speaking of lives somewhere in the North.

really? never heard of case that you can go deaf from drug use. interesting... what drug?

Several drugs can be ototoxic. Aspirin is one of them. Rush Limbaugh lost his hearing to excessive use of hydrocodone and oxycodone.

Lorcet. A prescription painkiller.

Absolutely. It contains hydrocodone. Hydrocodone is ototoxic in high levels, and as I stated in the above post, the reason for Rush Limbaugh's deafness. Not just Lorcet, but Vicodin, Percocet, Percodan, Oxycontin, and Lortab. Also, of the illegal drugs, cocaine is ototoxic.

I better tell my friend to curb his hydrocodone medication. quite interesting to know.

I recalled in the newspaper that a deaf man used to run his Wang Company probably in Michigan. It was old computers in the 1980's. He is near a billionaire. I don't know if he is still alive. I wonder if PowerOn is his father.

I think he is not technically deaf, he was a hearing person who went deaf from drug use.

No, was not drug use, it was an autoimmune disease of some type.

Rush Limbaugh has described himself as being "100%, totally deaf". ([11]). In 2001, Rush was diagnosed with a rare Autoimmune inner-ear disease (AIED), which, in the span of three months, left his right ear completely deaf and left ear severely deaf. On December 19, 2001, doctors at the House Ear Clinic and Institute in Los Angeles were able to successfully restore a measure of his hearing through a surgical procedure known as a cochlear-implant surgery. Mr. Limbuagh received a Clarion CII Bionic Ear (Maier). [12] While overall Rush's hearing surgery has been successful, in 2005, Rush was forced to undergo "tuning" due to an "eye twitch", an apparent side-effect of cochlear implants (Limbaugh). [13]

from Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No, was not drug use, it was an autoimmune disease of some type.

Rush Limbaugh has described himself as being "100%, totally deaf". ([11]). In 2001, Rush was diagnosed with a rare Autoimmune inner-ear disease (AIED), which, in the span of three months, left his right ear completely deaf and left ear severely deaf. On December 19, 2001, doctors at the House Ear Clinic and Institute in Los Angeles were able to successfully restore a measure of his hearing through a surgical procedure known as a cochlear-implant surgery. Mr. Limbuagh received a Clarion CII Bionic Ear (Maier). [12] While overall Rush's hearing surgery has been successful, in 2005, Rush was forced to undergo "tuning" due to an "eye twitch", an apparent side-effect of cochlear implants (Limbaugh). [13]

from Rush Limbaugh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Interesting.

I better tell my friend to curb his hydrocodone medication. quite interesting to know.

I would not worry about it, as long as it is normally prescribed and taken in the correct dosage. There are not heaps of people running around who have gone deaf from taking these medicines normally.

Dr. Jennifer Derebery, an otolaryngologist at the House Ear Clinic in Los Angeles, treated Limbaugh's deafness through cochlear implants. Derebery says it is possible there is a connection between Limbaugh's sudden hearing loss in 2001 and abuse of painkillers, but she said there is no way to know for sure, ABC News reports.

"We don't know why some people, but apparently not most, who take large doses may lose their hearing," Dr. Jennifer Derebery said on ABC News' "Good Morning America" program. "The reason we don't know is because we ultimately have to have biopsy specimens of the inner ear to tell that. But you can't biopsy the inner ear of a person who is alive because we are going to destroy the hearing

from Did drugs cause <br> Rush's deafness?

I personally don't think it is right to say "It was because of drugs!" when you don't even know for sure. Could it have been? Yes. But it cannot be said as if there is actual definitive proof. That is wrong, to me.

Back