Coin Collections

I do the same thing too whenever I find a rare coin or if it's a state quarter that I don't have. Most of the time I'd just put it in a separate pocket in my purse wallet so that way I don't have to forget about it if I were to put it in my jeans pocket.

As for the random coins that are general, I just tend to put it in a digital coin jar where it will tell you how much you have in the jar and fill it up. ;)

Definitely, It is a keeper! It could be valuable some day in the future.
I have a little old pill bottle that holds between 50 to 55 pennies. When I come home and empty my pockets, I always put the pennies in that little old pill bottle. When I can no longer put pennies in there, I know I have at least 50 pennies. So, I'll dump them out... count them... then roll them up.

As for the quarters, nickels, and dimes... I keep them in my pocket and use those whenever I pay for stuff. :)

I have a friend who has been collecting quarters for over 25 years. He's got huge jars all over his house. :eek:

He says that when he's old and retired, he'll cash them all in. :)

Ah, Which coins do you have on your hand so far?

I have 15 silver dollars minted from Philadelphia--1875 ( I think ).

All new quarters for the 50 states.

A 3-legged Buffalo nickel.

And currency from Ireland dating back to the early 1800's.

I do collect coins.

Most of the coins I have:

* Japanese Coins
* Old New Zealand Coins (6 pence, 1 shilling and 1 florin) Alan's information pages on old currency - coins. and also 1 cent, 2 cent, 5 cent, 10 cent, 20 cent and 50 cent (larger old coins)
* Canadian Coins (quarters) Jan to Dec 1999 and 2000.
* Australian Coins
* Very few of USA Coins

Does anyone like to collect coins?

I do! I've been collecting various coins. I'm really looking forward to get the latest coin that will be coming in the mail over this weekend. The one I'm getting is a 1939 Nazi Coin from the 3rd Reich.

do you collect international coins?

I do collect them. I remmy one time my stepson found a bunch of coins old and new and rare. He put it in my coin collection and took out the US coins included my 2 dollars bills and use it to buy something sure I was pissed and had to get some more. GRRRRR I also collection state quarters and my son did took some out of my quarter bears. GRRRRRRRRRRR at him too :giggle:

Just don't get too addicted to it. Take your time.

Some people get so into it that they end up spending lots of money for money. :crazy:

Oh, I will be careful. Lots of money is what I don't have so.... that will not be a problem ;)

He has a few coins that I have found at yard sales and from people that have given him some. I don't know how much they are actually worth. I dont have a book on coins..

So what website would you suggest to look up coins?

I have 15 silver dollars minted from Philadelphia--1875 ( I think ).

All new quarters for the 50 states.

A 3-legged Buffalo nickel.

And currency from Ireland dating back to the early 1800's.

Nice!!! I don't think I've seen a 3-legged Buffalo nickel. Now, that's unique.

do you collect international coins?

Yes, I do. So far, I have several Canadian Coins, several pesos from Mexico, coins from France and Belgium. I'm hoping to continue to collect more of these international coins.

Oh, I will be careful. Lots of money is what I don't have so.... that will not be a problem ;)

He has a few coins that I have found at yard sales and from people that have given him some. I don't know how much they are actually worth. I dont have a book on coins..

So what website would you suggest to look up coins?
I don't really look up coins online to see their values. The values are always changing because it's American money. Sometimes, it's worth more. Sometimes, it's worth less. It's like baseball cards.

I'm sure you could get a book about coin collecting at any bookstore. Just be sure it's the right book depending on what kind of coins you are collecting. :)

I finally added another quarter to my state quarters collection. Now, I have 6 more quarters left to collect. :)

I have all 50 state quarters in a map and will collect the 6 extra ones they added for this year for the other parts of the US like Washington DC and Guam. I started collecting the President dollar coins and got the first seven.

At my parents' they have books with old quarters and dimes including the steel pennies and lots of wheat pennies.

I also have a Canadian quarter from 1958 and some of the 1976 US quarters.

I have all 50 state quarters in a map and will collect the 6 extra ones they added for this year for the other parts of the US like Washington DC and Guam. I started collecting the President dollar coins and got the first seven.

At my parents' they have books with old quarters and dimes including the steel pennies and lots of wheat pennies.

I also have a Canadian quarter from 1958 and some of the 1976 US quarters.
Do you have all 100 state quarters? Even though there are 50 state quarters, there are 2 editions for each... Philadelphia mint and Denver mint. It's marked with a 'D' and a 'P' on the front. If you truly want 100%, get both 'D' and 'P' for each state. That's what I did. I have 6 more to go. :)

Does anyone like to collect coins?

I do! I've been collecting various coins. I'm really looking forward to get the latest coin that will be coming in the mail over this weekend. The one I'm getting is a 1939 Nazi Coin from the 3rd Reich.

wow, that's cool...

My hubby collect some coins... He have few Nazi coins, badges, etc he got from his step-Granddad and Great Granddad.

I have few old british coins (shilling)..., Gold coin, Deutsche Mark, Italy and more Europe coin before EURO convertion comes..., US coins, Thailand, Sinpagore, Italy, and more coins, I cannot remember... It's my hubby who collect coins.

wow, that's cool...

My hubby collect some coins... He have few Nazi coins, badges, etc he got from his step-Granddad and Great Granddad.

I have few old british coins (shilling)..., Gold coin, Deutsche Mark, Italy and more Europe coin before EURO convertion comes..., US coins, Thailand, Sinpagore, Italy, and more coins, I cannot remember... It's my hubby who collect coins.

That's awesome.

What does Thailand and Singapore coins looks like?

BTW, I finally got the 3rd Reich Coin in the mail today! It was amazing to see it in my hand and I was in awe. :D

The only coins I collect are the USA quarter that represent each state so far I have half and need 25 more to go:)

Do you have all 100 state quarters? Even though there are 50 state quarters, there are 2 editions for each... Philadelphia mint and Denver mint. It's marked with a 'D' and a 'P' on the front. If you truly want 100%, get both 'D' and 'P' for each state. That's what I did. I have 6 more to go. :)

Isn't there a Wisconson quarter that's unique and rare? Something about an extra leaf?

The only coins I collect are the USA quarter that represent each state so far I have half and need 25 more to go:)
Actually, you don't have half. You have 3/4 to go. There are 100 coins in the complete collection. :)

Isn't there a Wisconson quarter that's unique and rare? Something about an extra leaf?

I know that one needs to be on the look out for the Georgia quarter as some of this are mis-printed.

It's the peach that is upside down. That is the only one I can think of.

I know that one needs to be on the look out for the Georgia quarter as some of this are mis-printed.

I've never heard about that one.

I have never heard of the peach being printed upside down, but I do know that some very few Georgia quarters have a slight off-center printing error. Check it out:

State Quarter Recall - USMintQuarters.com

Back