Coin Collections

What about smashed coins? Would you consider those as part of our coins collection?

I'm not referring to those that were smashed by a train. Anyone can do that. I'm referring to those that are smashed for memories of something.

Here's what I have...

Pennies
- Bigfoot
- Cedar Point
- Cedar Point: Millennium Force
- Cedar Point: Raptor
- Cedar Point: Top Thrill Dragster
- Cedar Point: "What's Life If You Never Get To The Point?"
- Rainforest Cafe (with picture of snake)
- Ripley's Believe It or Not @ Niagara Falls Canada
- "Good for a Hug and a Kiss Anytime... Anywhere"

Nickel
- Niagara Falls USA

i do love collection USA coins.

i collection UK coins in my safety boxes when im trips to UK with my mom for first times in 2002.

but i would like get more UK coins when im returns somedays

What about smashed coins? Would you consider those as part of our coins collection?

I'm not referring to those that were smashed by a train. Anyone can do that. I'm referring to those that are smashed for memories of something.

Here's what I have...

Pennies
- Bigfoot
- Cedar Point
- Cedar Point: Millennium Force
- Cedar Point: Raptor
- Cedar Point: Top Thrill Dragster
- Cedar Point: "What's Life If You Never Get To The Point?"
- Rainforest Cafe (with picture of snake)
- Ripley's Believe It or Not @ Niagara Falls Canada
- "Good for a Hug and a Kiss Anytime... Anywhere"

Nickel
- Niagara Falls USA

Don't you mean these tokens, etc? I do have some tokens around from various amusement parks and arcades. If it were to be considered as a coin collecting - I don't think it would count (well for those who are amateur coin collectors).

Don't you mean these tokens, etc? I do have some tokens around from various amusement parks and arcades. If it were to be considered as a coin collecting - I don't think it would count (well for those who are amateur coin collectors).
No, they are actual American coins that were smashed through a machine and leaves an engraving of something related to the machine.

I double-checked online... they're actually called elongated coins.

I got 2 quarter to add to my collection according to state , AZ and OR :) I am still 19 more to complete the 50 states.

Update...

- 2 whole dollars
- 7 half dollars
- 1 bicentennial half dollar
- 9 bicentennial quarters
- 1 double-headed quarter
- 2 silver quarters
- 11 old wheat pennies
- 2 steel old wheat pennies
Update...

- 2 whole dollars
- 7 half dollars
- 2 silver quarters
- 13 old wheat pennies

1862_3_cent_obverse_reverse.jpg

I have a coin like this, which is a 3 cent coin. I got it in the antique store. I think they were minted between 1851 and 1863.

They are the lightest weight coin minted by the US.

No, they are actual American coins that were smashed through a machine and leaves an engraving of something related to the machine.

I double-checked online... they're actually called elongated coins.

Oh yeah, I have several of those. One from Cape May, New Jersey zoo, Lehigh Valley zoo (I forget the name of it) and 76er's hockey and others, I have to check to see what else...

1862_3_cent_obverse_reverse.jpg

I have a coin like this, which is a 3 cent coin. I got it in the antique store. I think they were minted between 1851 and 1863.

They are the lightest weight coin minted by the US.

I have seen something like that before. I have couple of international coins that are two cents, and three cents...

I was cleaning the house one day and went through my junk drawers. I pry dump some change in my drawer without realizing I did-pry from a long day. I was in luck!!! I found South American dollar coin, one Canada quarter and other coins that I need to check from my coins book. And I cleaned my closet, I forgot all about it!!! I found another state quaters book, half full, so I will have to go back to it to fill it up again, and I also put in some other coin collection inside a huge envelope with collection stamps...(Yes I do also collect stamps)

Today at work, I got two lucky pennies. One was wheat 1957 and other was 1973s...maybe today is my lucky day since Friday the 13th wasn't :giggle:

Does any one of you ever get 's' on any coins? Now there are new 2009 Quarters. I have 2 Washington D.C (Duke Elington on reverse side-famous band leader) quarters. :D So Guam will be next...now I have to get that book for those quarters...

- 2 whole dollars
- 7 half dollars
- 2 silver quarters
- 13 old wheat pennies
Update...

- 2 whole dollars
- 7 half dollars
- 2 silver quarters
- 15 old wheat pennies

Even though they're not coins, I do have 41 $2 bills. :)

I recently acquired an Australian $5 bill. :)

Update...

- 2 whole dollars
- 7 half dollars
- 2 silver quarters
- 15 old wheat pennies

Even though they're not coins, I do have 41 $2 bills. :)

I recently acquired an Australian $5 bill. :)

Ah, Cool!

What does the Australian $5 bill look like?

Oh that reminds me - I got the Saddam Hussien currency bills a while back ago from Jiro.

My apologies, Jiro - I keep forgetting to post that in here.

I'll have to remember to do that soon.

Oh that reminds me - I got the Saddam Hussien currency bills a while back ago from Jiro.

My apologies, Jiro - I keep forgetting to post that in here.

I'll have to remember to do that soon.

oooh yea lol! I've always wondered if it's actually real or not. :hmm: I was hoping you'd be able to verify its authenticity cuz I got it from ebay.

oooh yea lol! I've always wondered if it's actually real or not. :hmm: I was hoping you'd be able to verify its authenticity cuz I got it from ebay.

LOL - I had totally forgotten about that until this thread was pulled up earlier tonight.

I haven't checked it's authenticity yet but when I do, I'll let you know if it is the real thing or not.

What about this one? I have another one that I haven't scanned it which printed in WWI. I will find it somewhere in my box.

Germansample.jpg

Back