Coin Collections

I have never heard of the peach being printed upside down, but I do know that some very few Georgia quarters have a slight off-center printing error. Check it out:

State Quarter Recall - USMintQuarters.com
That's what I thought.

I guess it's one of those rumors that was never confirmed.

There is a Wisconsin quarter misprint. The corn has an extra leaf. One has a short thin leaf that curves to the left and downwards. One has a shorter thinner leaf that goes upwards behind the ear of the corn. They say that some people pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for these quarters.

I've also got a book that holds all of my state quarters. It holds 2 quarters for each state since each is minted at different places... Philadelphia and Denver. So far, I need 7 more state quarters. The book is quite heavy.

mine is not really mint, I only need one more, it's New Mexico.

That's what I thought.

There is a Wisconsin quarter misprint. The corn has an extra leaf. One has a short thin leaf that curves to the left and downwards. One has a shorter thinner leaf that goes upwards behind the ear of the corn. They say that some people pay hundreds to thousands of dollars for these quarters.

That's what I thought, Vampy. Since the Wisconsin Quarters were released, I have been searching feverishly for the "misprinted" Wisconsin Quarter. Never did find one.

That's what I thought, Vampy. Since the Wisconsin Quarters were released, I have been searching feverishly for the "misprinted" Wisconsin Quarter. Never did find one.
That's why they're called "rare". ;)

Here's the front and the back of the 3rd Reich Coin I just recently got --

3rdReichCoin.jpg

3rdReichCoinBack.jpg

Does anyone like to collect coins?

I do! I've been collecting various coins. I'm really looking forward to get the latest coin that will be coming in the mail over this weekend. The one I'm getting is a 1939 Nazi Coin from the 3rd Reich.

I have some old straglers I've hung on to savin them for someone who really appreaciats a dedicated numismatist (sp) Jo, U want me to send you them, I save crap like this for NOW momoents the time to pass it on and complete the purpose.

Do you have all 100 state quarters? Even though there are 50 state quarters, there are 2 editions for each... Philadelphia mint and Denver mint. It's marked with a 'D' and a 'P' on the front. If you truly want 100%, get both 'D' and 'P' for each state. That's what I did. I have 6 more to go. :)

Vamp, I have all of my states books (three in all, two books I got was when the states quaters started coming out, then I bought a book that does all without extra coins holders if you know what I meant) Two books are all full :D All 'P' and a 'D' and I need several on my big book and then I am done whew!!! Pry like 7 states in a 'D' that I do need. So I will ask someone from the west to trade if they need a 'P'...

Jolie, I am a huge coin collector!!! So count me in!!! I have books on nickels, dimes, quaters, half dollars, and several on pennies and wheat pennies. One of my pennies book is full, even with an 's' on the pennies. I am still working on finding three more 's' on other three pennies for my book. I have three wheat pennies before 1949. and another book on wheat pennies, so far I collected five after the year 1949... I do collect quaters that has a drummer on the back of the quaters (1976-77). I have like almost 30 of them...

I do find this penny 1971 S are very hard to find these days...I do have 3 1973 S in extra...

I also collect coins from all over the world. I even have coins from South America. I do get lucky at times since I work at a hotel and do get coins from guests as tips. I do find coins from other country, Canada, Germany, etc...even London... I do have Canada dollars in one, five and a tens...And the $2 dollars bill, so far I have three of them...mint...

Once I get my two coin box out, I will put a list what I have...I have sooooo many!!!

I do collect special nickels like Ocean in view, etc... I kept collecting it till the mini plastic bag is full, and still collecting those no matter what...

Here's the front and the back of the 3rd Reich Coin I just recently got --

3rdReichCoin.jpg

3rdReichCoinBack.jpg

This is awesome Jolie...I would love to collect these!!!

Jolie, that 's a really cool coin you got there. Thanks for posting a pix :)

Vamp, I have all of my states books (three in all, two books I got was when the states quaters started coming out, then I bought a book that does all without extra coins holders if you know what I meant) Two books are all full :D All 'P' and a 'D' and I need several on my big book and then I am done whew!!! Pry like 7 states in a 'D' that I do need. So I will ask someone from the west to trade if they need a 'P'...
You mean one book is all 'D' and one book is all 'P'?

The book I have is small, but it opens up... then opens up... then opens up. When it's fully opened, it's actually 4 thick cardboard holders and 2 information pages. The information pages explain each state. There are 6 rows of 5 holes in each cardboard holder. The odd rows are 'D' and the bottom rows are 'P'. Every 2 rows is for 5 state quarters for each year. There are 2 extra rows at the end for extras. I probably won't use them unless I find a misprinted state quarter. ;)

The book is navy blue with metallic print on the front. :)

You mean one book is all 'D' and one book is all 'P'?

The book I have is small, but it opens up... then opens up... then opens up. When it's fully opened, it's actually 4 thick cardboard holders and 2 information pages. The information pages explain each state. There are 6 rows of 5 holes in each cardboard holder. The odd rows are 'D' and the bottom rows are 'P'. Every 2 rows is for 5 state quarters for each year. There are 2 extra rows at the end for extras. I probably won't use them unless I find a misprinted state quarter. ;)

The book is navy blue with metallic print on the front. :)

Those two books I have has four columns, at the end it has a column for extra quaters so those four columns have one row of 'P' and other 'D' and so on... I leave all extra column empty...like you said you would use it for misfit quarters, I wouldn't. I would put any misfilt coins in bag and seal it shut so it would stay mint. The big one I have is what you have, open, then open...all 'P' one end and all 'D' at other end...but it has USA on front cover, and September 11th...this is what mine looks like on the big book cover.

Do anyone ever have mini book with dimes or quarters? It is a $3.00 book or a $5.00 book that you get from a bank way, way back in our old days...I have several of those three mini quaters books and two dimes mini book, all full...I never check the year in it because I don't want to ruin the book if I try pop it out so I leave it as a mystery...I let my future grandkids find out or even great, great, greatgrandkids if they keep my promise to pass it down to generations...

I have one gold dollar coin from Philadephia with G Washington on it.

Thanks, Vampy and Oceanblue7 :)

I have some old straglers I've hung on to savin them for someone who really appreaciats a dedicated numismatist (sp) Jo, U want me to send you them, I save crap like this for NOW momoents the time to pass it on and complete the purpose.

What old stragglers are these? I mean, What do you have so far?

Jolie, I am a huge coin collector!!! So count me in!!! I have books on nickels, dimes, quaters, half dollars, and several on pennies and wheat pennies. One of my pennies book is full, even with an 's' on the pennies. I am still working on finding three more 's' on other three pennies for my book. I have three wheat pennies before 1949. and another book on wheat pennies, so far I collected five after the year 1949... I do collect quaters that has a drummer on the back of the quaters (1976-77). I have like almost 30 of them...

I do find this penny 1971 S are very hard to find these days...I do have 3 1973 S in extra...

I also collect coins from all over the world. I even have coins from South America. I do get lucky at times since I work at a hotel and do get coins from guests as tips. I do find coins from other country, Canada, Germany, etc...even London... I do have Canada dollars in one, five and a tens...And the $2 dollars bill, so far I have three of them...mint...

Once I get my two coin box out, I will put a list what I have...I have sooooo many!!!

I do collect special nickels like Ocean in view, etc... I kept collecting it till the mini plastic bag is full, and still collecting those no matter what...

This is awesome Jolie...I would love to collect these!!!

Thanks.

Wow, That is awesome to see someone who is a hard core coin collector. I mean, really -- It sounds like you got a lot and I'd need to catch up on what you're having! Haha.

I'm not a full blown coin collector yet but it's just a hobby of mine that I just started few years ago. I've been starting to learn how to appreciate these values that goes with it.

The newest $1 coin (2008 Edition) I have is with Martin Van Buren on it. It is in a mint condition. I also have the $1 coin with Pocahontas on it as well. :)

Those two books I have has four columns, at the end it has a column for extra quaters so those four columns have one row of 'P' and other 'D' and so on... I leave all extra column empty...like you said you would use it for misfit quarters, I wouldn't. I would put any misfilt coins in bag and seal it shut so it would stay mint. The big one I have is what you have, open, then open...all 'P' one end and all 'D' at other end...but it has USA on front cover, and September 11th...this is what mine looks like on the big book cover.

Do anyone ever have mini book with dimes or quarters? It is a $3.00 book or a $5.00 book that you get from a bank way, way back in our old days...I have several of those three mini quaters books and two dimes mini book, all full...I never check the year in it because I don't want to ruin the book if I try pop it out so I leave it as a mystery...I let my future grandkids find out or even great, great, greatgrandkids if they keep my promise to pass it down to generations...

I have one gold dollar coin from Philadephia with G Washington on it.
If you go to a craft store like Michaels or MJDesigns, you can find coin collecting stuff that are good quality. I've seen a picture frame of the map of the United States. Each state has a hole for you to put your quarter in.

They also have little plastic snap-it coin holders. I once saw a birthday coin holder. It has a space for a half dollar, a quarter, a nickel, a dime, and a penny... and a square space where you fill in your personal information. You try to find each coin with the year you were born. That's the coins of the year you were born. :)

Thanks, Vampy and Oceanblue7 :)

What old stragglers are these? I mean, What do you have so far?

Thanks.

Wow, That is awesome to see someone who is a hard core coin collector. I mean, really -- It sounds like you got a lot and I'd need to catch up on what you're having! Haha.

I'm not a full blown coin collector yet but it's just a hobby of mine that I just started few years ago. I've been starting to learn how to appreciate these values that goes with it.

The newest $1 coin (2008 Edition) I have is with Martin Van Buren on it. It is in a mint condition. I also have the $1 coin with Pocahontas on it as well. :)

I started this hobby few years back, pry in 2004, that is when I was starting all over again since my daughter took all our coins in 1996 for a field trip :shock: I am warning ya, since you do have children, best to HIDE them all, lol... I found a good spot to hide mine now :D

If you go to a craft store like Michaels or MJDesigns, you can find coin collecting stuff that are good quality. I've seen a picture frame of the map of the United States. Each state has a hole for you to put your quarter in.

They also have little plastic snap-it coin holders. I once saw a birthday coin holder. It has a space for a half dollar, a quarter, a nickel, a dime, and a penny... and a square space where you fill in your personal information. You try to find each coin with the year you were born. That's the coins of the year you were born. :)

Vamp, those plastic snap aren't worth it to me anymore since it never stays in the hole, it kept falling out everytime I open it. Probably too cheap, lol...

Those birthday book you mention sounded a great idea, I will have to look into that soon. I do have 1987 coins, mint from my uncle on my 18th birthday. God Bless him... It got me thinking, it would be neat to do from way back till now...mmmm, not just anyone's birthday, lol... Even pill bottles you mentioned is ideal...

Now you and Jolie got me pull out my coins box. I did one box so far that all comes in plastic bags...all varies of sizes...it is pretty heavy, heavier than the books...

Those are what I collect for that coin box (For those USA coins, when it becomes full-I buy a book to fill it, just on USA pennies, dimes, nickels, and so on...not the speical coins...)

NOTE: you can always find neat metal box in flea market that is very, very old...that is what I did. I also bought a really old anitque file metal box for the books. If it is rust, that is okay. Just have it sand and spray paint the color you would like, even decorate it :D I sand one of mine, spray painted it white then used gold or black oil paints for the edges and rub it and wipe it dry then again sand it to make it looks very old, but looks new...

So anyways, those international coins are what I have in one of my coin box:

(But remember I had to start over)

Austrilia coins
Europe Greece coins
Singapore coins
Elizabeth II Canada coins (I have 1958 penny also, even one $2.00 coin-silver and gold)
Euro Espana (South America/Spain) coins
London coins
few others, not sure yet (I have to check the book to see what coins stand for...)

Other coins in USA only:

Meixco 500 dollar
three $2.00
Canada dollars (5, 10, 20)

Sunoco coins (those coins you used to collect when you fill up a gas to fill up the map which I never finished it, I left coins as the way it was in plastic...)

New York City (statute of liberty) coin

Geroge Washington dollar coin

Sacagawea Dollar coins (I separate the P and a D)

1776-1976 Quarters (Close to 30 of them, I wont stop hee hee. I would like to know how many of these were made in America.)

Jefferson nickels: Lewis & Clark, Louisiana Purchase, Ocean in View, Bufflo (those nickels, I kept on saving no matter what...Separate the 'P' and a 'D' of course...)

Jefferson Nickels: Jefferson face with the year 2006, 2007, 2008)

Sugar Anthony Dollar coins

Some silver coins

I also do Lincoln coins till I get all the year...even on wheat coins, even extras before the year 1960...Separate the 'P' and a 'D' of course...I do the same thing for dimes, nickels, quarters...If I find any of those before the year 70's, I collect them anyways...

If I found some coins that are pretty odd, I save it and put in plastic bag and look into that later. I bought 2007 Edition book on coins and will get 2008 Edition later on from Barnes and Nobles. I need to study all the coins I have that I never checked.

Does anyone could tell the different btwn zinc and copper on pennies. Most common you find in 1982 coins...(it is frustrated to tell the different, so I just collect all 1982 pennies and worry about it later, lol...my daddy in law helped me with one of my pennies book-the one was full, he said it is pretty tricky...)

Did you know about this one, how to get or find valuable coins, there are other way. You need to see where the Veterains hang out like in a bar, diner or clubs (Bingo, etc...), make sure you use dollars to get some changes...then you will find many wheat coins or any silvers ONLY if you get lucky...:naughty: :D

That's what I thought.

When it first started out in mistaken state quarters, they did start out with Connecticut in our area, the tree was upside down... I never find any luck...

For Canadian coints, I've got...

- 24 quarters
- 14 dimes
- 12 nickels
- 75 pennies
Update...

- 1 "toonie" (2-dollar coin) *new*
- 25 quarters
- 14 dimes
- 12 nickels
- 81 pennies

For American coins, I've got...