Coin Collections

Seriously, he did. It would be sitting in my PO BOX right now.

I will be going to get my mail later today, and if the package is sitting there, I shall take a picture of the $2 bill and post it here and the story remains true.

Note: everyone send me a sample of american 20 or 50$, I'd like to see them :giggle:

I got the $2 in the mail the other day...

Doug, your in USA. :giggle:

Here is the $2 that Vampy sent to me.
2q3tauw.jpg

Me with the Australian $50
2vafgib.jpg

Me with the Australian $20
m9xd9j.jpg

That is really cool, Jake...I have three 2 dollars bills that you just showed, Jake. I leave it as mint... I still have Canadia and New Mexico dollar bills...

So Vamp, Jolie and everybodies...I have pretty much added up to my coin collections in the last few months. I am still collecting states quarters. I have purchased two more books two of each...well, why not??? I bought new state quarters books that begins 2009...I have Columbia and Peru...

I also purchased President dollar coins book, and I have collected each president dollar coins. Both Phila and Denver....I am still waiting for 2009 dollar coins...(I will say hell with it and go flea market bec online is taking forever!!!)

And long waiting period, I finally found 2009 Lincoln Cent Bicentennial...I got a roll of new 2009 pennies, one of each Phila and Denver. :D I have been hunting through online....grrrr...NO LUCK!!! So I tried flea markets and I got them!!! I also purchased 1943 silver penny. Both P and D to fill in my wheat pennies book...I collect 1909 wheat pennies throughout 1945, and also beginning of 1945...and so on...

I did same with nickels, dimes, quarters (not state quaters) and so on...

I collect mint 2008, I need 6 more to go till I get 50 pennies roll full...I start buying plastic bottles, Vamp...you are right they are excellent to put coins in bec you can stack them in a box neatly that way than in plastic bags...I used paper tissue paper to hold the coins inside so it wont rattle--just till it is full like 50 cents, ten dollars, so on...:D

My next trip to flea market, I will start getting all the 'S' coins...:naughty: I saw at an auction there, they were selling a bag of Denver wheat pennies...I meant a big bag!!! ahhh...it is so tempting!!! Auction ends at the end of May, so I saw someone put down $18.00 on it. I will go back Friday and mark it to $25.00 haha...And also...mmmm, I am going back there this friday to get World War II monies...Someone had it on their deplay (his own table) and I asked if he be here this weekend, he said yep...so I told him I will be back...he had pretty much stacks of dollars and tickets from World War II, etc...He also has monies that he got from Japan also...I am talking about War monies... :cool2:

Pssssst Jolie...you will need to start collecting 1982 pennies no matter what, even 1983 quarters...they are worth more as of today...just a thought...

(there are few more too...)

I FINALLY got a California quarter :)

Here is the $2 that Vampy sent to me.
2q3tauw.jpg

Me with the Australian $50
2vafgib.jpg

Me with the Australian $20
m9xd9j.jpg

Your currency looks physically thinner than ours. Our paper currency seems fairly thick.

As for the $2 - I have several that my grandfather gave to me, I have them stuck on my bulletin board. As for foreign currency, perhaps we should set up a foreign currency exchange (in low denominations - nothing over $10 USD) so that those who are interested can send a piece of American currency to someone else and that person can send foreign currency to the American. Thing is though everyone knows the American Dollar - it is often the currency of choice when no other currency is available especially in countries that have very little financial stability.

Jake that's soo cool and nice of Vampy to send you our American $2 bill. I would like to collect international coins:)

Your currency looks physically thinner than ours. Our paper currency seems fairly thick.

As for the $2 - I have several that my grandfather gave to me, I have them stuck on my bulletin board. As for foreign currency, perhaps we should set up a foreign currency exchange (in low denominations - nothing over $10 USD) so that those who are interested can send a piece of American currency to someone else and that person can send foreign currency to the American. Thing is though everyone knows the American Dollar - it is often the currency of choice when no other currency is available especially in countries that have very little financial stability.

That sounds good, I would love to get my hands on one of these rare $1 american bill and a $50 bill (NorCal20 owes me)

Jake that's soo cool and nice of Vampy to send you our American $2 bill. I would like to collect international coins:)

I have mountainful of coins, I could send you some if you like, I got plenty.

That sounds good, I would love to get my hands on one of these rare $1 american bill and a $50 bill (NorCal20 owes me)

I have mountainful of coins, I could send you some if you like, I got plenty.

That would be awesome!

Back