Coin Collections

:giggle:

I have a coin collection on the shelf above my dryer. I find coins all the time when washing clothes. :dunno: how much they are worth!

But I do have a huge collection! :lol:

:laugh2: I just spend those!

:laugh2: I just spend those!

Me too!! My personal shopping find! :rofl:

My son has just started collecting coins.

The newest one is the Batman coin. (from the Dark Knight).

Not sure, but he sure is proud of it. :)

He just started out a few weeks ago wanting to doso. So we got him an album.

His goal right now is to get the 50 states. not bad for a 9 year old.

I could use some help here as well.

2zi0did.jpg

It is a 1571 threepence. My camera was not taking a good enough picture for detail, so I had to get an image from Google, but this is what my coin is like.

This is so awesome. I'd love to have some like these.

This is so awesome. I'd love to have some like these.

Well I only have the one really old coin and mine is a little more worn than the illustration.

What I would like to have is a poesy ring from the same period that they also dig up in England. Unfortunately those sell for very high prices so I don't imagine I will get one.

I don't collect coins but my hubby do. His coins collection book is getting very heavy and he will need another one soon. He sometimes goes through my purse for coins to check if any coins and notes are worthy to keep as collections. He will swap it with me with his money. :roll:

So far he got:-

Aussies (old and new)
Canada
Chile
Fawkland Is
France
Germany
Greece
Indonesia
Jersey, Channel Is
Kenya
Malay/Borneo (old square coin)
Mexico
New Zealand
Rhodesia, Africa before become Zimbabwe (sp?)
Sweden
UK (old and new)
USA
Yugoslavia
Zambia

and notes:-

Aussies (old and new)
Guernsey
Jersey
Turkey
UK (old and new)

He did have Indonesia and UAE but gave it to his friend. We prolly get it again in future travels to Indonesia and UK. :)

I've also got a book that holds all of my state quarters. It holds 2 quarters for each state since each is minted at different places... Philadelphia and Denver. So far, I need 7 more state quarters. The book is quite heavy.

You mean I have more than you do?

No, I'm saying that I'm envious because you have more international coins than I do. Most of my coins are mainly from US. The oldest US coin I have is way back to 1920 (I think? I'll have to look at it again)

No, I'm saying that I'm envious because you have more international coins than I do. Most of my coins are mainly from US. The oldest US coin I have is way back to 1920 (I think? I'll have to look at it again)
I do have a roll of pennies... each penny starts at 2008 and goes all the way back to 1958. I do have some more pennies that go further back, but dunno how far back though. The oldest would be the old wheat pennies. :)

I've got a stack of $2 bills. I did have an old $10 bill that was from before-before-before-before the current $10 bill. :)

I do have a roll of pennies... each penny starts at 2008 and goes all the way back to 1958. I do have some more pennies that go further back, but dunno how far back though. The oldest would be the old wheat pennies. :)

I've got a stack of $2 bills. I did have an old $10 bill that was from before-before-before-before the current $10 bill. :)

I don't have the wheat pennies but I've seen those around somewhere. I also do have some $2 bills. I'm not sure when the $2 bill stopped being in the currency but it must've been around until the late 70's? :dunno: The $2 bill I have is from 1978.

Really? I have never seen the old $10 bill. What does it look like and is it any different than the current $10 bill?

I have found a 1959 quarter today. Solid silver no bronze in the middle.

What is that worth?

Trying to help my son start a collection. Since he has shown interest.

I will eventually google it up later.

Just found it interesting that this thread was started a short time after my son has shown interest. (actually excited that he has another interest besides his gameboy)

so I really like to keep him going in this.

I have found a 1959 quarter today. Solid silver no bronze in the middle.

What is that worth?

Trying to help my son start a collection. Since he has shown interest.

I will eventually google it up later.

Just found it interesting that this thread was started a short time after my son has shown interest. (actually excited that he has another interest besides his gameboy)

so I really like to keep him going in this.
If you were to melt it... the silver value would be $2.02 today. ;)

I've got a couple of those. :)

I don't have the wheat pennies but I've seen those around somewhere. I also do have some $2 bills. I'm not sure when the $2 bill stopped being in the currency but it must've been around until the late 70's? :dunno: The $2 bill I have is from 1978.

Really? I have never seen the old $10 bill. What does it look like and is it any different than the current $10 bill?
Actually, they still make $2 bills today. They just don't make as many as they do with other bills. They're hard to find though. I have my ways of getting them. ;)

Whenever I get change, the first thing I always do is check my coins to see what's on them. If it's a state quarter that I haven't gotten yet, I'll put it in my other pocket. If it's an old wheat penny, I'll put it in my other pocket. If it's a foreign coin, I'll put it in my pocket. Other than that, I just put it away in my right pocket where I always put my change.

When I get home, I'll put all the collector's coins where they belong. ;)

Sigh! :roll: Whats the matter with my post? Is it invisible? :scratch:

I don't collect coins but my hubby do. His coins collection book is getting very heavy and he will need another one soon. He sometimes goes through my purse for coins to check if any coins and notes are worthy to keep as collections. He will swap it with me with his money. :roll:

So far he got:-

Aussies (old and new)
Canada
Chile
Fawkland Is
France
Germany
Greece
Indonesia
Jersey, Channel Is
Kenya
Malay/Borneo (old square coin)
Mexico
New Zealand
Rhodesia, Africa before become Zimbabwe (sp?)
Sweden
UK (old and new)
USA
Yugoslavia
Zambia

and notes:-

Aussies (old and new)
Guernsey
Jersey
Turkey
UK (old and new)

He did have Indonesia and UAE but gave it to his friend. We prolly get it again in future travels to Indonesia and UK. :)
Can I have all of them? ;)

How did you get those?

Yes. Even though it's only $2, it's still a coin to say that you're proud to have. It's rare and hard to find. :)

Cool!

I will let my son know.

I have honestly never considered a coin collection.

My son came to me and said he wanted to start one.
I was like "OK"

It is what he wants to do and now that I have started to learn more about it.

I truly can say, I think it will be fun for me to join in.

Cool!

I will let my son know.

I have honestly never considered a coin collection.

My son came to me and said he wanted to start one.
I was like "OK"

It is what he wants to do and now that I have started to learn more about it.

I truly can say, I think it will be fun for me to join in.
Just don't get too addicted to it. Take your time.

Some people get so into it that they end up spending lots of money for money. :crazy:

Actually, they still make $2 bills today. They just don't make as many as they do with other bills. They're hard to find though. I have my ways of getting them. ;)

Whenever I get change, the first thing I always do is check my coins to see what's on them. If it's a state quarter that I haven't gotten yet, I'll put it in my other pocket. If it's an old wheat penny, I'll put it in my other pocket. If it's a foreign coin, I'll put it in my pocket. Other than that, I just put it away in my right pocket where I always put my change.

When I get home, I'll put all the collector's coins where they belong. ;)

I do the same thing too whenever I find a rare coin or if it's a state quarter that I don't have. Most of the time I'd just put it in a separate pocket in my purse wallet so that way I don't have to forget about it if I were to put it in my jeans pocket.

As for the random coins that are general, I just tend to put it in a digital coin jar where it will tell you how much you have in the jar and fill it up. ;)

Really? so would that coin be a keeper?

Definitely, It is a keeper! It could be valuable some day in the future.

Back