What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ouch! I've never had it but I'm willing to bet it isn't fun. Sorry, gal. Wishing ya a speedy recovery

No, it's no fun. Right now, I am in a lot of pain, without pain medication. I need them.
I was supposed to move my snowmobile out from the shed but it's too heavy for me because of my bad shoulder. I found this very frustrating!
This morning, I left my PCP a message at home. I am waiting to hear from him.
I think I better sign this off for now. I don't feel well. I think I come down with a fever because I can feel hot...
Thank you for wishing me a speedy recovery. I needed it. Thanks. :hug:
Stay healthy!

I learnt that today is the day I am supposed to be at Sydney International Airport.
Why?
To fly to the United States - but am at the south coast chilling. :(

No, it's no fun. Right now, I am in a lot of pain, without pain medication. I need them.
I was supposed to move my snowmobile out from the shed but it's too heavy for me because of my bad shoulder. I found this very frustrating!
This morning, I left my PCP a message at home. I am waiting to hear from him.
I think I better sign this off for now. I don't feel well. I think I come down with a fever because I can feel hot...
Thank you for wishing me a speedy recovery. I needed it. Thanks. :hug:
Stay healthy!

Bless your heart! I hope you get that pain med asap! :(

I learnt that today is the day I am supposed to be at Sydney International Airport.
Why?
To fly to the United States - but am at the south coast chilling. :(

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...? Did you lost your seat on the flight?

If you're eating, don't read this.

Today I learned about "guinea worms" from my newspaper. I never had heard of them, and I'm completely grossed out. Thankfully the worms are almost at "near-eradication."
They are 3-foot long, the worm exits through a swollen blister on the leg. I couldn't read much further because I got really sick. The article was praising the organization/ foundation that President Carter had built to deal with the worm, especially in remote parts of the world (such as Sudan).

I'm not sure I understand what you mean...? Did you lost your seat on the flight?
It was cancelled, financial hardship is the issue towards the cancellation.
However, will ensure it doesn't happen in the future.

Today I learned about "guinea worms" from my newspaper. I never had heard of them, and I'm completely grossed out. Thankfully the worms are almost at "near-eradication."
They are 3-foot long, the worm exits through a swollen blister on the leg. I couldn't read much further because I got really sick. The article was praising the organization/ foundation that President Carter had built to deal with the worm, especially in remote parts of the world (such as Sudan).

Yeah, I heard and seen a documentary about this. I guess I shouldnt tell you about the other stuff I read about :)

I learnt all about the egyptian queen, Hatshepsut. This was from the the 1400's BC. Her remains were found and confirmed to be hers based on mitochrondial DNA. In a box was her liver, among with a tooth. Archaelogists/scientists were able to confirm that the tooth in that box was one of her missing teeth, and speculate that her demise came from losing that tooth and the eventual infection that would have followed. Made for an interesting documentary on the History channel.

Ive learned quite a LOT this week esp when it comes to both my daughter and my ipad lol.

1) I found out my daughter might be a future america idol contestant.

2) My ipad has began to teach me how to tell BIll Gates to go fuck hisself lol.... I cant believe in my 13 or so years on the internet that you need something big and powerful to take the internet head on.

Ive learned quite a LOT this week esp when it comes to both my daughter and my ipad lol.

1) I found out my daughter might be a future america idol contestant.

2) My ipad has began to teach me how to tell BIll Gates to go fuck hisself lol.... I cant believe in my 13 or so years on the internet that you need something big and powerful to take the internet head on.

#1- That'd be fun! Hope she gets in the contest!

more from the science community when you go by the binomial name, Dracunculus medinensis. Had fun learning about these guys the other year. Thankful that we live in the USA!

I have learned that my lipreading skill has gone downhill...especially when I lost more hearing in one ear earlier this year.

I'm not too bothered that I cannot lipread well because I think what people want to say to me is not that important in the first place.

I have learned that my lipreading skill has gone downhill...especially when I lost more hearing in one ear earlier this year.

I'm not too bothered that I cannot lipread well because I think what people want to say to me is not that important in the first place.

My lipreading skills are also going downhill fast. It may be because I am not going out as much.

I learned today that signing can be universal. Tonight I served a Portuguese couple. Thing is that they don't speak English OR Spanish...they spoke very very very little Spanish. So they would make gestures to tell me what they wanted as well as some keywords. When I asked them what they'd like to drink I'd make as if I were drinking and named out the soda brands we have for them to choose. At some point the man came back while I was attending others and when he caught my attention he started doing as if he was cleaning his face meaning he wanted extra napkins. I guess they were happy with how I served them cause as they left they called out my name and waved goodbye to me :] I enjoyed serving them. They were a nice couple.

Final I am happy because I ignored no more my gf, she no more talk to me! I am smart!

I learned my dad can still shoot deer.

I learned we may have smoke in the air for today and tomorrow. Something going on both north and south of here. Some kind of controlled burning in the Everglades and also controlled burning in a city north. Ah well. Have to keep son inside. His asthma will not handle it well.

Never mix beer and wine within a few hours; even if the wine was from 2002.

PFH: Sam Adams infinium is a rip-off for the price. Better beer at $8-10. Or even allagash superb bottles at $18 dominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back