What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hhhmmm... ain't we in such a sassy mood? damn Monday :mad2:

funny-pictures-cat-has-obvious-hat.jpg

:lol:

I also learned that I am tired of reading about Hollywoods breakups and how they don't believe in marriage and commitment anymore, what will the next generation be and far worse the one after that..... pondering

I also learned that I am tired of reading about Hollywoods breakups and how they don't believe in marriage and commitment anymore, what will the next generation be and far worse the one after that..... pondering

then stop reading it. it will continue to happen for centuries.

Conspiracy Theory - Most of these Hollywood people make babies only among themselves because it produces the next generation actors/actresses for our future kids. And they hook up, wed, and/or divorce because it attracts attention and that's profitable for Hollywood. It keeps their values high.

simple as that.

then stop reading it. it will continue to happen for centuries.

Conspiracy Theory - Most of these Hollywood people make babies only among themselves because it produces the next generation actors/actresses for our future kids. And they hook up, wed, and/or divorce because it attracts attention and that's profitable for Hollywood. It keeps their values high.

simple as that.

Its hard to miss when every time I log into my aol and yahoo account its the first thing on the screen

Its hard to miss when every time I log into my aol and yahoo account its the first thing on the screen

ah - then stop getting frustrated at it lol

btw - aol? people still use aol these day? mein gott!

AOL AIM remains a staple to this day. Been using since the mid 90s.

Unfortunately the settings for my "home"'page gets reset everytime I do a update for the program. It is pretty trashy news :lol:....click here "find out who backstabbed who". All about the clicks. Probably not better than other trashy gossipy magazines (if you enjoy it super-more power to ya)

There was a book I was reading a while back that discussed how college aged men (18-30) are sort of Delaying typical adulthood behaviors that aren't quite adolescent but also not quite what a adult is. I.e. More frat boy behavior that continues after college instead of getting a job, marrying, buying a house, etc. I forget the title of the book at the moment.

Birth rate is goin down and religion might have something to do with it as well.

AOL AIM remains a staple to this day. Been using since the mid 90s.

Unfortunately the settings for my "home"'page gets reset everytime I do a update for the program. It is pretty trashy news :lol:....click here "find out who backstabbed who". All about the clicks. Probably not better than other trashy gossipy magazines (if you enjoy it super-more power to ya)

I am not sure I would say I enjoy it, rather its just always there over and over and over again

Birth rate is goin down and religion might have something to do with it as well.

I am sure you are right about this

There was a book I was reading a while back that discussed how college aged men (18-30) are sort of Delaying typical adulthood behaviors that aren't quite adolescent but also not quite what a adult is. I.e. More frat boy behavior that continues after college instead of getting a job, marrying, buying a house, etc. I forget the title of the book at the moment.

It is something that happens every couple of generations. The ages between which certain developmental stages fall change...more to do with increased longivity than anything else. Although other things might have some influence. For instance, the stage you are talking about is known as young adulthood and we are finding that people are entering into this stage later, which impacts all of the other life stages following it.

Exactly....

This may be inappropriate or insensitive on some level but I'm curious: do you know if women's menopause "era" have changed in like the past two centuries?

Exactly....

This may be inappropriate or insensitive on some level but I'm curious: do you know if women's menopause "era" have changed in like the past two centuries?

Actually, it has. Women are going through menopause later, and girls are going through puberty earlier.

I don't see how that was insensitive.

:hmm: very interesting.

At least in my experience (hmm in a non-academic setting at least)- talking about menopause isn't a great topic to discuss.

:hmm: very interesting.

At least in my experience (hmm in a non-academic setting at least)- talking about menopause isn't a great topic to discuss.

Yeah, but this thread is all about learning. We need to learn about uncomfortable topics, too.

I think people get sensitive when it is suggested that menopause might be responsible for some of their nasty personality traits.:giggle:

I learn it man hearing is rude! ignored to deaf people I believe it1

Yeah, but this thread is all about learning. We need to learn about uncomfortable topics, too.

I think people get sensitive when it is suggested that menopause might be responsible for some of their nasty personality traits.:giggle:

I completely agree with that statement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back