What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Suggestions, I have a question about Lincoln I want to ask everyone here its a part of a debate I am having with others but not quite sure where is the best place to post it...suggestions?

If it is a debate question, there's a debate section. And yes, he's black.

I learned that PFH doesn't like yogurt... FREAK :giggle:

JK it only makes you slightly odd...

Well, make me two! :lol:

WHAT! My oldest can't stand it either my youngest thou sleep walks and I will find her in the morning covered in yogurt passed out in front of the open fridge a few times on the couch to, that was fun to clean up:giggle:

I eat everything... Just buy in the natural food aisle, usually has everything you need.

My rule is simple - read what is in the food, and if theres a term you don't know, why put it in your body...

Like I always preach on here about HFCS. :shock:

If you don't buy processed foods, you don't have to worry about additives. If you want frozen foods for convenience, freeze your own when vegetables, etc. are in season. Cook in large portions when you make a meal, then freeze your own t.v. dinners.

Last night, technically, but I'm still counting it- I learned that when in bed at 3am, with no squirt bottle to break up fighting cats, taking a swig of water and spitting it in the direction of the yeowling works just as well.

It was cold, and I was not getting out of bed.
DON'T JUDGE ME. lol!

Neccesity is the mother of invention! I love it!
:laugh2:

Just learned that my absolute best friend in Missouri just lost her mother this morning. It was expected, but still hard. Her mother had a very quick run with Alzheimer's (4 years). Merita was diagnosed and within 6 months had to be put in a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients. By the time 1.5 years passed, she did not know any of her family and was looking for her parents. She was put into Hospice Care this past weekend and my friend stayed with her mother the whole time. When Merita passed away, she was surrounded by her son, daughter-in-law, 2 grandchildren, daughter and son-in-law and her ex-husband. (that is an interesting story in itself). I got to know Merita and she was an absolutely wonderful person with a beautiful soul.

I am sorry to hear this Kristina. :hug:

I just learned I have HOOGE cowlick on the back of my head. I have a very short haircut and I want to know what's the best way to hide it without looking like Shaggy?

I am sorry to hear this Kristina. :hug:

I just learned I have HOOGE cowlick on the back of my head. I have a very short haircut and I want to know what's the best way to hide it without looking like Shaggy?

a hat lol. ask whoever cuts it next time to cut with it. it's kinda hard to hide them, but cutting with the natural growth helps. generally if they just slice over it it sticks out like a sore thumb.

I learned that I can handle stuff at work with great diplomacy!

I also learned signing with a crooked hat on doesn't work. Dur. I should've known that would cause problems.

I've also read that if you trim the hair close to the head and use styling gel to coax it downward it might help, you also can 're-train' your cowlick to lay down by blow drying it downward and working the roots. I don't know how well this will work, but I'll put my bet on the styling gel option first to see if that works, if not then I'll go back and have my friend trim it closer to my head to see if that works.

I've also read that if you trim the hair close to the head and use styling gel to coax it downward it might help, you also can 're-train' your cowlick to lay down by blow drying it downward and working the roots. I don't know how well this will work, but I'll put my bet on the styling gel option first to see if that works, if not then I'll go back and have my friend trim it closer to my head to see if that works.

It depends on how strong it is, unfortunately. :/ I have one in the back of my neck. You could try it. Anyway, good luck :D

I also learned that Ohio State is kicking pig ass in the Super Dome, (boo), we need to get our pig asses together and kick some Ohio State ass.

I know, I was just like WTFOMGSMH.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back