What did you learn today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suck at football. I do. BUT I can hold on to a damn football without dropping it every ten seconds. Geez!!!!!

It's like our receivers had NO idea as to how to react to a fumble! I think that is definitely one thing we need to work on during the offseason. Hell make them catch balls covered in butter and learn to handle the ball.

It's like our receivers had NO idea as to how to react to a fumble! I think that is definitely one thing we need to work on during the offseason. Hell make them catch balls covered in butter and learn to handle the ball.

Welcome to College Football.

I learned there is a Korean grocery filled with hot Korean women a mile from my house.

I also learned there is a thing called Fish paste sold in the meat dept......and I ain't eating it.

I learned there is a Korean grocery filled with hot Korean women a mile from my house.

I also learned there is a thing called Fish paste sold in the meat dept......and I ain't eating it.

Fish paste, shrimp paste, crab paste-- nomnomnom.

I learned today that Prince Ali Reza Pahlavi of Iran has committed suicide yesterday.

How sad his mother has had to bury two children now. :(

RIP

...I also learned there is a thing called Fish paste sold in the meat dept......and I ain't eating it.

Fish paste! That's a staple in our house. It has a required taste though (just like Vegemite) :giggle: btw, I love it. I love Vegemite too.

I learned that it was really cool to get a check yesterday that was dated 1/1/11 :lol: (it's only 7:49 a.m. that's my excuse!)

I eat everything... Just buy in the natural food aisle, usually has everything you need.

My rule is simple - read what is in the food, and if theres a term you don't know, why put it in your body...

Like I always preach on here about HFCS. :shock:

do you know which ice cream have no HFCS? Thanks.

I do check the ingredients as well. I am glad that I found the yogurt that has no HFCS. WHEW

I learned this morning that a friend of mine that I went to high school with is now a USDA Inspector at the plant I worked at. I'm happy for her and I had no idea that she was also considering USDA, she deferred a Masters Degree for this job from what I understand. If she went in using her Bachelor's she is a GS-07 automatically. She went from making minimum wage at Kroger's to making about $15.00/hr. That's quite a jump. But I am happy for her, she's a nice girl and I can't think of anything bad to say about her. I just hope the wolves at the plant don't come out and take advantage of her.

I learned that my hearing has dropped another 3-5dec but not really sure what it means but the audi's face made it seem bad...

I am learning how many foods I am going to have to learn to deal without or find something to replace. My being Lactose Intolerant is getting worse and now I have to go totally dairy-free. No one else in the family has this issue. Yet one other thing to have to deal with.

I am learning how many foods I am going to have to learn to deal without or find something to replace. My being Lactose Intolerant is getting worse and now I have to go totally dairy-free. No one else in the family has this issue. Yet one other thing to have to deal with.

Aww :hug: Are you going to try some of the soy-based offerings such as soy-milk? I can't imagine having to go totally dairy-free.

Try the chocolate soy milk... Best "milk" ever! It's actually really good.

Aww :hug: Are you going to try some of the soy-based offerings such as soy-milk? I can't imagine having to go totally dairy-free.

Try the chocolate soy milk... Best "milk" ever! It's actually really good.

I have been drinking Lactaid milk, but may try soy milk. Sorry - won't do chocolate as I do not like chocolate. There is also a very good cheese available that is lactose free/gluten free and whatever else. I am just amazed at the breads and such that have some kind of milk product in them. Guess I get to start making my own bread again and MIL will have to deal with it. Who know - she may end up liking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back