What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I might good idea point tea good instead prevent to coffee not good right I aware it :)

There's a house going up in my neighborhood very slowly. I don't know if it's a "custom" build or will be put on the market when it's done. It seems to be a "when we have the people/materials we'll work on it" situation.

Just got home from picking my son up from school. I stopped to check the mail, and when I got back in the car he had a huge grin on his face. I asked him what he did, then he laughed and pointed at the seatbelt. At that point we were about 10 ft away from my parking spot; so I told him to put it back on, then told him nevermind. After about 10 seconds I said, "quick- it's a police officer. Put your seatbelt on or you'll get in trouble." He kind of looked at me funny, so I said "fast!fast!". He grabbed the seatbelt, then tried to slump down. Then I told him I was just kidding, and he started to cry. I felt like a mean mommy. But then I couldn't help but chuckle and tell him I'm sorry. It was kind of amusing.

There's a house going up in my neighborhood very slowly. I don't know if it's a "custom" build or will be put on the market when it's done. It seems to be a "when we have the people/materials we'll work on it" situation.

Probably a "spec" build....those tend to go up more slowly....especially in this market.

just relaxing on vacation in Jacksonville. It is nice to get out of Pensacola for once :D

I am investigate google headache reason Help better improve tutorial!

Probably so, but he works with a small crew, and the building inspectors are the slow pokes around here. He will try sooner, but doesn't want to push it. They have to cut into the foundation to get the plumbing in and to treat for subterranean termites. We will see, maybe I misunderstood him.

It took about 10 months to build our 3-story beach house, about 2100 sq. ft. (i.e, not huge at all) from the day the builder applied for the permit until we moved in. Probably 9 1/2 months of actual building; I think it took a couple weeks to get all the permits pulled.

Over the winter, in our other house, we had two bathrooms torn down to studs and entirely rebuilt, and our basement finished, including putting in a new exit window. All of that, in an existing house, took from November 1 - March 15, actual building. Planning and permits were done over the preceding spring and summer.

So 6 to 8 months doesn't sound out of the range of "normal," considering that some things will be bit harder than starting from scratch (like cutting into the foundation, as you said), while many things will be easier. If he's doing a good thorough job, it sounds about right.

Hope he can keep it closer to the 6 months side of that estimate.

It took about 10 months to build our 3-story beach house, about 2100 sq. ft. (i.e, not huge at all) from the day the builder applied for the permit until we moved in. Probably 9 1/2 months of actual building; I think it took a couple weeks to get all the permits pulled.

Over the winter, in our other house, we had two bathrooms torn down to studs and entirely rebuilt, and our basement finished, including putting in a new exit window. All of that, in an existing house, took from November 1 - March 15, actual building. Planning and permits were done over the preceding spring and summer.

So 6 to 8 months doesn't sound out of the range of "normal," considering that some things will be bit harder than starting from scratch (like cutting into the foundation, as you said), while many things will be easier. If he's doing a good thorough job, it sounds about right.

Hope he can keep it closer to the 6 months side of that estimate.

It's his first time doing a conversion like this. He has built houses and businesses with no problem and has done all kinds of remodels, but this type of job is a first for him as well as a first for our little Town Hall. He wants to take his time, do it right and take plenty of pictures during the process. We have given permission for that.

Bought a few more boards and a post. The interior of my back yard is becoming a huge outdoor room for me.

Interiors painted bright colors. It's a very happy place. :)

Might take him a little time then while he figures things out. Who did the actual planning, the contractor or an architect?

Things will come up, I guarantee you, where the plan will have to be adapted or modified a little bit along the way. Lots of decisions to make as you go along.

Might take him a little time then while he figures things out. Who did the actual planning, the contractor or an architect?

Things will come up, I guarantee you, where the plan will have to be adapted or modified a little bit along the way. Lots of decisions to make as you go along.

Was this directed to me or Botti?

If it was me, then I checked online for all kinds of floor plans that would fit our dimensions. The contractor looked at them and then he recommended an architect and she took my floor plan and the other things we wanted and what the contractor mentioned and came up with the plans. We went over them three times already and I think they are final. The 3-4 things additional do not need to be on the plans.

I heard my sister have stress because baby lots of stress I am surrprised lol I can't wait see long time my family I love my heart! !

I heard my sister have stress because baby lots of stress I am surrprised lol I can't wait see long time my family I love my heart! !

Taking care of a new baby can be very stressful. I hope you enjoy your visit with your family.

Fixed a drain in my garage. We finally figured out why it was so backed up. The builder forgot to take out the cover (that was put in when being backfilled.) We had to dig this out! :lol: We got it off, placed rocks all around it (like a culvert) and it is GOOD TO GO !! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back