What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contractor said this morning as for a timeline. First we have to get the surveyor's report and papers, then we get the permit for the septic tank and get the septic tank (2-3 weeks), then we get the permit for the building and once he starts, unless weather interferes or the building inspector takes his time, he thinks he can be finished within 6-8 months. He also said that my original floor choice for the kitchen can get, Travertine tiles. I will most likely get my quartz counter top. He does not recommend a concrete counter due to the heat variations in Florida. We are also getting our custom tile showers for both baths as well as the decorative concrete work around the exterior windows, doors and the corners of the house. He will be building a wall around 1 1/2 sides of the A/C unit outside for MIL's wishes to "hide" it. He's also including a 10 inch deep marble windowsill for the living room window just for the cats.

Sounds nice. The travertine floor tiles and quartz countertops sound like a good plan. You want to think ahead for long-term value, and often it pays to spend a bit more upfront to get that lasting value.

You are getting a nice house, sounds like, for a fraction of the cost of what it would be to start from scratch. Having the floor, four walls and a ceiling already done is a huge head start.

Love the idea of the cat's windowsill. The things we do for our pets!! And of course they well deserve it.:lol:

Personally, I think pink hair dye goes great with grey hair. :D

Hmm.... I'm thinking, not quite my style! I consider myself "almost a blonde" now. After nearly 60 years as a brunette, that's quite a change in itself.

I put a "no-color color" on it once in a while, for shine and body. But I don't see myself getting locked into coloring it again, ever, ever, ever.

I was just requested to transport two Catterpillars 150 miles within two days and I hope I find someone to do it for me. I don't relish making two trips.

Whoo-ooo! Best thing to happen to me all week - pool guys just arrived to turn our swamp of a swimming pool into a usable pool again. It is UN-believable how green and nasty it is when opened up each spring. And then how beautifully blue it becomes in a couple days. Better living through chemistry. Love it.

whoot soon coming today Go Cancuk Go now whoot Hope be group Canada!

I was just requested to transport two Catterpillars 150 miles within two days and I hope I find someone to do it for me. I don't relish making two trips.

You can do it. Just charge more for the fuel to haul em' then haul hiney to your destination! Of course that would equal about 600 miles altogether if 150 miles is one way. Do you have a larger trailer that can carry up to two?

You can do it. Just charge more for the fuel to haul em' then haul hiney to your destination! Of course that would equal about 600 miles altogether if 150 miles is one way. Do you have a larger trailer that can carry up to two?

I just found the trailer I can use. I won't be charging anything; they are still cleaning up in Bridgeton a month after the last tornado. Maybe their next destination is Joplin if I get the all-clear signal.

Contractor said this morning as for a timeline. First we have to get the surveyor's report and papers, then we get the permit for the septic tank and get the septic tank (2-3 weeks), then we get the permit for the building and once he starts, unless weather interferes or the building inspector takes his time, he thinks he can be finished within 6-8 months. He also said that my original floor choice for the kitchen can get, Travertine tiles. I will most likely get my quartz counter top. He does not recommend a concrete counter due to the heat variations in Florida. We are also getting our custom tile showers for both baths as well as the decorative concrete work around the exterior windows, doors and the corners of the house. He will be building a wall around 1 1/2 sides of the A/C unit outside for MIL's wishes to "hide" it. He's also including a 10 inch deep marble windowsill for the living room window just for the cats.

6-8 months???? The slab is already there....that is the time consuming part. I could bulldoze the place and build it from scratch in 6 weeks. Probably less.

Saying goodbye to teenage drama for a while! My teen is done with research papers and finals. Tomorrow is his last day and he's exempt from the last 2 finals. I hate being the warden. :lol:

Headed to Joplin? If so I might be able to get you paid on some haul backs

Saying goodbye to teenage drama for a while! My teen is done with research papers and finals. Tomorrow is his last day and he's exempt from the last 2 finals. I hate being the warden. :lol:
ppf you are funny comedy I am laugh :giggle: you don't like warden!

6-8 months???? The slab is already there....that is the time consuming part. I could bulldoze the place and build it from scratch in 6 weeks. Probably less.

Probably so, but he works with a small crew, and the building inspectors are the slow pokes around here. He will try sooner, but doesn't want to push it. They have to cut into the foundation to get the plumbing in and to treat for subterranean termites. We will see, maybe I misunderstood him.

I should be contact to tell my caregivig too much I might to consider referr right human I should honest I am serious I believe really issues anxiety might to affect to headache sound stranger my headache fail cochlear implant old faceplam stranger It is many stress cope on sites figure out help advise to support to strength advise! improve rid on my brain is headache mind!

Wirelessly posted

Lazy day today. Slept in, did a couple loads of laundry, watched some TV, and now I'm hanging out in my friend's living room playing with new apps I got for my phone while she works on some stuff. Tonight, dinner at my favorite pizza place in town :D

Probably so, but he works with a small crew, and the building inspectors are the slow pokes around here. He will try sooner, but doesn't want to push it. They have to cut into the foundation to get the plumbing in and to treat for subterranean termites. We will see, maybe I misunderstood him.

Well he might have been giving himself cushion.....but that is ALOT of cushion. Hopefully it will go much faster for ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back