What did you do today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slept in.
A parcel containing shoes and a camera from US arrived today, yay!
Tried on my new boots and two sneakers. They fit, very good.
Watched Psych. Then went to gym.
Learned that it's looking likely that Australia is sliding into recession just like it did 20 years ago.
Now chilling and getting ready to have dinner.

IMG_2019.jpg

and added this today...

IMG_2034.jpg

soz for the shoddy second photo was in a hurry...
it got really cold at 5:45pm

what?!

are you saying this is terrible work?
No, I meant the gray ?tarp? I had duct tape on my mind as I was reading Jillio's "cat drinking out of the toilet" posts.

Your patio looks great (I laid down some pavers last year...just laid them on top of the grass/weeds next to my car port...being too lazy to put the effort into properly laying them).

Looks like good work, Grummer....we did basically the same thing with our patio. At first, we thought it would be an easy job....(haha)...we have 4 rows @ 10 apiece....then the rest, we used white bricks (which was even harder). Our is not a professional job, but it looks nice. We've yet to level off the ground for the bricks to border the flower garden, (we have 2 for each side of the patio). We've used a lot of mulch and River Rock...lots of Palms and Boston Ferns and flowered hanging baskets, some large conch shells (I got from Key West) years ago....Still more planting flowers (to come)....
We want to make it look sort of "beachy"...even tho' we live on the River and have "Anchors Away" hanging by the doorway.

Grummer, man that one look good!!! My oldest brother does landscaping work and he has done some path work for the walking paths around his house.. some improvements in the look.. plus many years ago he did the front porch area for me and my folks at the farm house and it helped for sure to have that one done.. your work is wonderful.. wow good talent, man...

Now I met with someone regarding working together on a website to develop and she dropped a bombshell on me that I hadnt expected for sure.. she said she would pay me fee work for the website work I would do.. I was like whooaaa dang wow that blow my mind dang!! BUT it was wonderful to know that and I am really eager to do it.. good new positive thing to come out.. hehe...

Well, today - I played with cats for a while. Tinker had a bit of a mishap yesterday, but is back to normal today. She was jumping off a bookcase at a window and went kind of wild with her jump (hubby bumped her) and she landed on my sewing machine and stand mixer that were on the floor. She was limping for the rest of the day. After playing with cats, I went to bank and grocery store for MIL, met with the surveyor regarding property lines and separating MIL's lot back into 2 lots, met up with the A/C contractor. Fixed dinner for MIL then our dinner. Oh, mother and I also made a "to the scale" floor rendering of the new bedrooms and now we can arrange the furniture with our cardstock "furniture" pieces.

Sounds exiting!! That makes it a reality, doesn't it, when you can begin to visualize the furniture in place.

How long will it take to make the garage a home, once the contractor starts working?

Can you post a pic? :lol: Bet you're stylin' now!

Haha, maybe at some point... I hate taking pictures of myself. I got the glasses basically for free from a website, they had a huge discount coupon and all I had to pay for was shipping/handling. It's awesome and it's a prescription, too. Thinking about doing it again... So that I have different glasses to go with outfits! :lol:

Haha, maybe at some point... I hate taking pictures of myself. I got the glasses basically for free from a website, they had a huge discount coupon and all I had to pay for was shipping/handling. It's awesome and it's a prescription, too. Thinking about doing it again... So that I have different glasses to go with outfits! :lol:

I have always wanted to have several different pairs. The only time I could afford it was when my now deceased husband shared an office with an optometrist, and he gave me my glasses for the cost of the frames and his lab expenses only.

Deposited $$ into my SIL's account so SIL could order me an iPod Touch w/employee discount. Only glitch is whether my HS daughter will be home to sign for it when it's delivered. Hopefully it will come via UPS and if no one is home to sign for it, I can pick it up at UPS which is between my home & my work.

Friend just put a hair color on my hair....jeez...it stinks! (the smell)....gotta sit here until it's time to wash it out...then might have to do it twice (for the roots)....No perms for me.

Worked, and did some researching on an accelerated degree program at my university, then I got a text that my DD's softball team is in the District Tournament in Russellville, and there is another post-season tournament later this month. After these tournaments we will have played softball for about 4 months now. :shock:

Friend just put a hair color on my hair....jeez...it stinks! (the smell)....gotta sit here until it's time to wash it out...then might have to do it twice (for the roots)....No perms for me.

Time to let yourself go gray!! I did, a few years ago, after coloring my hair for a long, long time, and I love my new look. Much, much cheaper to maintain, too.

On the other hand, you could channel Betty White. In her newest book, she says "I don't know what color my hair naturally is, and I don't intend to ever find out!" She has a great attitude toward life. :lol:

Sounds exiting!! That makes it a reality, doesn't it, when you can begin to visualize the furniture in place.

How long will it take to make the garage a home, once the contractor starts working?

Contractor said this morning as for a timeline. First we have to get the surveyor's report and papers, then we get the permit for the septic tank and get the septic tank (2-3 weeks), then we get the permit for the building and once he starts, unless weather interferes or the building inspector takes his time, he thinks he can be finished within 6-8 months. He also said that my original floor choice for the kitchen can get, Travertine tiles. I will most likely get my quartz counter top. He does not recommend a concrete counter due to the heat variations in Florida. We are also getting our custom tile showers for both baths as well as the decorative concrete work around the exterior windows, doors and the corners of the house. He will be building a wall around 1 1/2 sides of the A/C unit outside for MIL's wishes to "hide" it. He's also including a 10 inch deep marble windowsill for the living room window just for the cats.

Time to let yourself go gray!! I did, a few years ago, after coloring my hair for a long, long time, and I love my new look. Much, much cheaper to maintain, too.

On the other hand, you could channel Betty White. In her newest book, she says "I don't know what color my hair naturally is, and I don't intend to ever find out!" She has a great attitude toward life. :lol:

Personally, I think pink hair dye goes great with grey hair. :D

Worked, and did some researching on an accelerated degree program at my university, then I got a text that my DD's softball team is in the District Tournament in Russellville, and there is another post-season tournament later this month. After these tournaments we will have played softball for about 4 months now. :shock:

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back