What are you thinking about Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Profound, no sound
Blood hound, deaf bound
Round. I found,
Fat joint, need light

Thinking how these last few days have been so stressful. When Marley was at the groomer they cut her pretty bad. She had to have surgery today to clean the wound and stitch it up. She is now on pain meds and antibiotic. Vet charge was $187....took the bill to the groomer and she reimbursed me. They didn't even apologize..........This groomer is rated one of the best in the whole area, they specialize in grooming show dogs. Now I have to find another groomer.

Last edited:
Thinking how these last few days have been so stressful. When Marley was at the groomer they cut her pretty bad. She had to have surgery today to clean the wound and stitch it up. She is now on pain meds and antibiotic. Vet charge was $187....took the bill to the groomer and she reimbursed me. They didn't even apologize..........This groomer is rated one of the best in the whole area, the specialize in grooming show dogs. Now I have to find another groomer.
Wow, that is stressful! I hope Marley heals up quickly.

That it's about time my city had town a meeting for Diversity and Tolerance.
There has been anti-Semitic and anti-LGBT incidents in my city within the last
month . I am going to call on Monday and see if there will be any ASL interpreter there if not so much for being Diversity and Tolerance.

Wow Angel... Not that it would make it any better cuz I wouldn't want to take my pet back to someone who hurt him... But if I were that groomer I would not only pay the vet bill but I'd offer free services for a year or something... They should at least try. No matter the situation good businesses always do what is necessary to try to keep the customer and make it right.

I hope your pooch is okay. Give him an extra doggie treat for me.

Wow Angel... Not that it would make it any better cuz I wouldn't want to take my pet back to someone who hurt him... But if I were that groomer I would not only pay the vet bill but I'd offer free services for a year or something... They should at least try. No matter the situation good businesses always do what is necessary to try to keep the customer and make it right.

I hope your pooch is okay. Give him an extra doggie treat for me.

Thank you very much......what happened was you pay then they bring your dog to you. The owner met me at the counter with a written note saying that Marley has a tiny nick but it should be fine and gave me a $10 discount. Well then they brought Marley out and I looked at the cut and was shocked. I said OMG that is not a nick, I'm taking her to the vet right now. The written note said that they would pay any vet bills. If I would have seen the cut before I paid I wouldn't have paid them. When I went back to give them the bill, I told them she needed surgery and they all looked at me like I was crazy. They paid me and no one said sorry or I hope you come back etc. I don't know if they didn't talk to me because they know I am deaf but I'm pretty sure they were just being RUDE!
I've never posted a review on YELP before....I think I will do it this time.

Marley is on some good pain meds, she has been sound asleep by my side all day.

Thank you very much......what happened was you pay then they bring your dog to you. The owner met me at the counter with a written note saying that Marley has a tiny nick but it should be fine and gave me a $10 discount. Well then they brought Marley out and I looked at the cut and was shocked. I said OMG that is not a nick, I'm taking her to the vet right now. The written note said that they would pay any vet bills. If I would have seen the cut before I paid I wouldn't have paid them. When I went back to give them the bill, I told them she needed surgery and they all looked at me like I was crazy. They paid me and no one said sorry or I hope you come back etc. I don't know if they didn't talk to me because they know I am deaf but I'm pretty sure they were just being RUDE!
I've never posted a review on YELP before....I think I will do it this time.

Marley is on some good pain meds, she has been sound asleep by my side all day.
Definitely post a review. People need to be aware of dangers. And your groomer should be trustworthy.

Definitely post a review. People need to be aware of dangers. And your groomer should be trustworthy.

Ok thank's I will type the review tomorrow. Just hate trying to find another groomer. This place I took her to usually does a terrific job and they are always so busy.

I'm thinking my brother is an idiot ... causing a wreck with 2 other vehicles and getting arrested for DWI with 5 different charges and 3 different court dates from the wreck alone :roll:

Wow... I would not go to this place again. They definitely lost a customer and trust to care for my pet. It's good thing they reimbursed you for the vet cost and not having you foot the whole bill.

Other's suggestion about review is good idea... they would not want to damage their reputation and hopefully there will be a changes they need to do. That is inexcusable that they cut her bad.. I hope Marley recovers soon and get better.

Thinking how these last few days have been so stressful. When Marley was at the groomer they cut her pretty bad. She had to have surgery today to clean the wound and stitch it up. She is now on pain meds and antibiotic. Vet charge was $187....took the bill to the groomer and she reimbursed me. They didn't even apologize..........This groomer is rated one of the best in the whole area, they specialize in grooming show dogs. Now I have to find another groomer.

Wow... I would not go to this place again. They definitely lost a customer and trust to care for my pet. It's good thing they reimbursed you for the vet cost and not having you foot the whole bill.

Other's suggestion about review is good idea... they would not want to damage their reputation and hopefully there will be a changes they need to do. That is inexcusable that they cut her bad.. I hope Marley recovers soon and get better.

The first groomer I used did an excellent job, but she quit. The lady that took over for her took Marley in and groomed her etc. My husband picked her up and when he got home he had blood all over his shirt. We found the cut but was able to take care of it ourselves. Took pictures of it and brought it in to see another groomer. Finally I decided that I would just pay the extra money and take her to the place she goes now who specialize in grooming show dogs. They have been doing a great job up until now. First, show me my dog, show me the cut, don't charge me and pay all vet bills. I know dogs get nicked etc. and if they just would have told me upfront about it, apologized and not charge me plus pay for the vet bills. Then maybe I would have gone back. Marley weighs 4 pounds, so even a little cut looks huge on her.

Smaller dogs are fragile and get cut easily than big dogs. Groomers needs to be more careful with small dogs. That's a good point if they were honest about it, feel guilty about what happened and cover the vet bill as well as waive the groomer cost. I would give them a chance again but since they didn't, I would guess a poor management... that'd force me to do business elsewhere.

The first groomer I used did an excellent job, but she quit. The lady that took over for her took Marley in and groomed her etc. My husband picked her up and when he got home he had blood all over his shirt. We found the cut but was able to take care of it ourselves. Took pictures of it and brought it in to see another groomer. Finally I decided that I would just pay the extra money and take her to the place she goes now who specialize in grooming show dogs. They have been doing a great job up until now. First, show me my dog, show me the cut, don't charge me and pay all vet bills. I know dogs get nicked etc. and if they just would have told me upfront about it, apologized and not charge me plus pay for the vet bills. Then maybe I would have gone back. Marley weighs 4 pounds, so even a little cut looks huge on her.

If its a large pet company like Petco (I think) that offers grooming services I'd file a complaint with the corporate office too. At least try to get the person that did it fired so they won't do it to someone else's pet. There's no excuse for that kind of carelessness to wound an animal that bad.

Sorry about your dog,Angel. Geez!

Thinking that where I work at is AWESOME for having partnerships with different organizations including the Baltimore Ravens organization. A Ravens player came to my school yesterday for a school wide event and we had a funky warm up session with him leading it. Then we got free Ravens shirts from him. Working in inner city schools can have its benefits.

So sorry that happened to Marley, hope the recovery goes well. Also sorry you didn't get apologies along with reimbursement, inexcusable on their part!

Good luck with finding another groomer.

poor Marley what ever the groomer do..this groomer needs reporting ..Going be difficult to get him back to groomer again Was this a trainee and is dog working dog or show dog? either way poor chap out of action..
As for apology saying sorry they could written it if they to ignorant try say it.THINK Marley deserve more than vets fee.They know this well out of order that why made light of it and quick give you vets fee.
i would not allow then near a sheep with clippers let alone a dog...could you take pic and show it to groomers assosation must be one.
today i thinking families can be worse than war zone got sister who screwing me mother out of thousands of pounds and nothing i can do

I'm so sorry. Honest I'm not comfortable with groomer. My mom had a dog who had covering sclera that was cut. Poor dog she had surgery but vision was not clear anymore. They didn't apologize either. My mom stopped taking her to groomer anymore. She do it to herself or close friend who knows and help. But not perfect. She Rathers dogs to be safe than sorry. My mom had horrible experience when she picked up dog then drove in a car for an while later. She saw her eye was bleeding all over on her clothes. :(. Will your dog be okay recovering?

I have to bring my small doggie to a groomer now I am really worried . Marty has trick knees , they pop out of joint . I was told this was common with small white dogs. I am not sure how true this is. I had told the groomer a numbers of times to be careful with his hind legs . The last time he came back home Marty came home he had trouble lifting his hind leg to pee. :(
I hate using a new groomer none of them ask if your dog it up to date on their shots or been tests for worms . The groomer I been going does do this but I think she is getting forgetful .

groomer must caught Marty in a place dear to him:)i wonder if people take cats to groomer be brave groomer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back