"We are just a bunch of atoms"

shel90

Love Makes the World Go Round
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am teaching chemistry to my 5th graders and as I introduced the concept of atoms, I told my students that we are made of atoms. That reallly really really shocked and frightened them. Then, they started asking if there were no atoms, would there be no space, universe and etc.

My comment really brought on a very very engaging discussion about atoms and what would happen if there were no such thing as atoms.

Thinking about it...we all are just a bunch of atoms discussing on AllDeaf.

:lol:

Atoms can create anything in very small to very large....anything unimaginable.

Most ADers are made of atoms. Some I think are made of Dark Matter...:giggle:

I am teaching chemistry to my 5th graders and as I introduced the concept of atoms, I told my students that we are made of atoms. That reallly really really shocked and frightened them. Then, they started asking if there were no atoms, would there be no space, universe and etc.

My comment really brought on a very very engaging discussion about atoms and what would happen if there were no such thing as atoms.

Thinking about it...we all are just a bunch of atoms discussing on AllDeaf.

:lol:

Yup we are atoms, without atoms there would be nothing. I almost want to say Adams (Adam and Eve), lol.

Actually I find the study of atoms interesting, but then again I am the product of being raised in a household where my dad was a science teacher and I'm just weird like that.

It is the distribution of those atoms that make us unique!

I think I have more than my fair share of atoms!!

atoms, then sub atomic particles, then photons, then quark, then neutrino, then so damn small that scientists swear theres something spooking down there, like energy/matter existing in 2 places at same time, giving suspicion about the 'spiritual world'/souls...

i mean for those dont 'buy' what i just said, then just google 'quantum physics'...

dark matters...lol...i think its stuff of sci-fi,in my reckoning its a version of a black hole but existing in the universe of the sub-atomic scale worlds...

because scientise already 'knows or placed a firm 'bet' that the black holes are over-driven gravity from 'dead stars(sun)...so then again, its like its to make an equalibruim in the universe in schemes of things, so similarly i think 'dark matters' is the same sort of thing but at that scale...

im not into science or such just talking non-sense but i think we're allowed to...

pstt Shel.. ask your class if atoms does fart? See if they crack up laffing.. hehe..

Tell the kids that not only are they atoms (super small), but that they are also strings (super duper small); and that those really small strings indicate that may be at least nine (9) other dimensions besides our four. This will confuse them enough where you can change the subject to a game: Let's play duck-duck goose.

Issue solved.

Ah if only teaching Evolution in the classroom was Constitutionally sound. ID people suck the big one.

__

atoms, then sub atomic particles, then photons, then quark, then neutrino, then so damn small that scientists swear theres something spooking down there, like energy/matter existing in 2 places at same time, giving suspicion about the 'spiritual world'/souls...

This is what we will find if we go deeper and deeper into an atom.... deeper than a neutrino....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTByJADSBAk&feature=related]YouTube - simpsons universe intro[/ame]

(skip to 0:20)

Yup we are atoms, without atoms there would be nothing. I almost want to say Adams (Adam and Eve), lol.

Actually I find the study of atoms interesting, but then again I am the product of being raised in a household where my dad was a science teacher and I'm just weird like that.

You and me both, Dixie! I didn't have scientists for parents, but spending a lot of time in the hospital as a child, birthed in me a keen since of things scientific. I also spent several years in a botany lab doing research for science fair projects on plant genetics from the time I was about 11 though onto graduation from HS. So, yeah, I was a bit of a science/medical geek, and, I still am!

Now, ask me if I'm ashamed of it! :wave:

Back