Watch Your Kids Numb Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was reported was it would had taken too long for a tranquiller to work on an animal that size , would two tranquiller been two much for the animals . I read the mom
of the little boy had 5 more kids with her. Six kids it a lot of kids to watch at a zoo or anywhere alone. I heard on the news the police is not pressing any charges.

Hoichi. Read the last link if you have questions. I'm not a biologist. :D

but you did post a vid claiming as such right?

I think the gorilla would have harmed the boy either intentionally or accidentally if he hadn't been shot.

I don't think the gorilla was treating the child like a young gorilla. A gorilla parent wouldn't drag its own child thru the water that way. Usually the parent will scoop the child up in one arm and then travel.

No, that was not a caring action by the gorilla.

It wasn't the gorilla's fault but it was probably the only safe option. :(

I saw this yesterday. I thought that the whole incident could have been avoided in the first place. If people took better care of their kids and actually watched them, crap like this wouldnt happen. The article said that using tranquilizers would have put the child at risk... but a gun doesnt?

I saw this yesterday. I thought that the whole incident could have been avoided in the first place. If people took better care of their kids and actually watched them, crap like this wouldnt happen. The article said that using tranquilizers would have put the child at risk... but a gun doesnt?
Tranquilizer is slower at disabling than being shot. While the tranquilizer is going to work, the gorilla could become very aggressive.

Yes. Post #18. :D

so you have rested a case (as you state) without actually demonstrating your case to someone who has a valid question...
cool
carry on..

She signed it. Sad, bad, cry...

right
but that is not the same thing as actualy doing something.

the claim was the gorrila was crying...
not that the gorilla somehow was signing she was crying..
i know int he end it doesnt matter
after all gorrilas cry, pigs fly, dogs laugh..

but
precision in language in this is prob ia good thing....

so you have rested a case (as you state) without actually demonstrating your case to someone who has a valid question...
cool
carry on..
Who had the valid question? I must have missed it. :D

That went viral in fb....

13327520_10206461255391647_2822743818208080822_n.jpg

:( there is a photo of the gorilla holding the boy hand and in his arms when he was shot . He wasn't harming the child when was killed .

Last edited:
:( there is a photo of the gorilla holding the boy hand and in his arms when he was shot . He wasn't harming the child when was killed .

what is the difference, if any, between a gorilla and as an example, an adult human being?

But he was not handling the boy gently either. He dragged the boy through the moat and along the ground. The boy could have easily been seriously hurt or killed by that alone. Plus they said the gorilla was "upset" by all the shouting that was going on and his reactions to that put the boy in danger.

Yes, I would have liked to have seen both the boy and gorilla safe, but they did what they had to do.

Please read up on all the facts of the events ... from experts, not armchair quarterbacks.

And this was a Silver Back Gorilla...one of the most aggressive...mmm...it's a done deal. No amount of debate is gonna bring the Gorilla back.

A water hose or a few bananas should have been used first. Create a diversion. :D

I think - hope- it was a difficult decision to make. They say they would do it again...maybe examining their safety protocols is something for them to look at, too. I don't know if even distracting the gorilla on a different side of the enclosure would have given them enough time for a tranq. to work without also affecting the safety of the child. I do wonder why they didn't attempt to lure him into his indoor area, close the gate/panel, and then have a keeper come in and get the kid. But I don't know, he could have simply hauled the kid in there with him and then you have them both in an enclosed space. Really hard thing to figure...but in the end, as tragically happens, the animal loses....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back