Watch Your Kids Numb Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
2 children wind up in a wildlife pit. the mother of one child gets charged, the other does not.

Double standard.

The law applies to everyone equally.
Did they both dangle their kids over the pits? No.

No double standard. The actions were not the same.

I don't know - the woman that was charged was white.

But ... like Leon said "People are more dangerous than animals" and .. yes it is

tumblr_mu7mr3FnxY1r8bxs1o4_r1_500.gif
There you go..... race.

14 pages later (including repeats due to one member not seeing half the posts and being confused)... One thing I did think of last night regarding the mom and the kid... I do wonder if she (and I am betting countless other parents) had thought (or put faith into) the zoo was safe and didn't think the kid COULD get through if the zoo had barriers- good ones. I don't think I've ever seen a parent (though am sure there are some) go to the zoo first and inspect every animal location and every barrier just to be sure their kids won't be able to jump, climb over/under, wriggle through them.

As mentioned earlier...split second, kids under the age of 5 are....little speed demons- my nephew was like that though all of us DID teach him to hold hands crossing the street or walking through the parking lot- it's still very easy for them to slip off. Zoo only had a tiny window to decide because all animals have a primal instinct in their DNA whether they are wild or 'domesticated'.

Here is what I know about zoos from experience.
The barriers are a joke. and here is why....
Regulations have it that a stick and twine is sufficient as a barrier BECAUSE the animals enclosure is designed for them not to escape, NOT to keep idiots out, but to keep the animals in. Facts.
So even a painted line is a sufficient barrier. Crazy huh?

The law applies to everyone equally.

what planet are you on...cuz on earth that is certainly NOT how the law is applied...

but

the actual cases are very different.

in one the mother puposely dangled her child over a pit with a beast in it..and doped him...

in the other, the mother did NO such thing.

can you discern what the difference between the two incidents are?

14 pages later (including repeats due to one member not seeing half the posts and being confused)... One thing I did think of last night regarding the mom and the kid... I do wonder if she (and I am betting countless other parents) had thought (or put faith into) the zoo was safe and didn't think the kid COULD get through if the zoo had barriers- good ones. I don't think I've ever seen a parent (though am sure there are some) go to the zoo first and inspect every animal location and every barrier just to be sure their kids won't be able to jump, climb over/under, wriggle through them.

As mentioned earlier...split second, kids under the age of 5 are....little speed demons- my nephew was like that though all of us DID teach him to hold hands crossing the street or walking through the parking lot- it's still very easy for them to slip off. Zoo only had a tiny window to decide because all animals have a primal instinct in their DNA whether they are wild or 'domesticated'.

im sure it is assumed by parents when they visit the zoo. the barriers in place actually are safe and will prevent contact between their children and beasts

Here is what I know about zoos from experience.
The barriers are a joke. and here is why....
Regulations have it that a stick and twine is sufficient as a barrier BECAUSE the animals enclosure is designed for them not to escape, NOT to keep idiots out, but to keep the animals in. Facts.
So even a painted line is a sufficient barrier. Crazy huh?

indeed...
the barriers for the most part are designed solely with the animals in mind..
obviously that kinda of thinking wont work with children..

Did they both dangle their kids over the pits? No.

No double standard. The actions were not the same.

Yes, it most certainly IS a double standard.

No one here has said .. "If you have never had a kid slip away before then you don't have kids", in regards to a parent holding their child up so they can see an exhibit, versus a mother who was not paying attention after a child told her he was going to slip into the exhibit ...

Same thing .. the charges should be the same for both parents.

I mean - 17 years have gone and passed and not a single parent had the problem of a kid falling in the gorilla pit - because they were paying attention to their kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back