Watch Your Kids Numb Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I so wish I didn't look at this thread. Everyone involved was stupid. The parents, the zoo etc.

why should the parents be charged with manslaughter?

am i missing somethign?

was a human bieng killed?

Feel they should be charged with child neglect....and there was not much they could do with the Ape...sad the animal was shot, yes...but what other recourse did they have?...My child's Life would come first,

I agree the poor animal is dead b/c of some idiotic parents not doing their job!
I agree with RR about the child neglect .

how is it child neglect? how could that even be proven in this case?

that poor animal was a captive kept for the amusement of humans.
we can use the excuse the animal was safer in a prison (zoo) then free due to humans wishing to kill it, but that's a strange argument for prison really
but make no mistake
that poor animal was kept locked up against its will for humans benefit

mistakes do happen in any work, parents work included if we will use work to describe what parents are so be it

id rather have a dead beast then a dead child
but
im also crazy so...
for what its worth

how is it child neglect? how could that even be proven in this case?

that poor animal was a captive kept for the amusement of humans.
we can use the excuse the animal was safer in a prison (zoo) then free due to humans wishing to kill it, but that's a strange argument for prison really
but make no mistake
that poor animal was kept locked up against its will for humans benefit

mistakes do happen in any work, parents work included if we will use work to describe what parents are so be it

id rather have a dead beast then a dead child
but
im also crazy so...
for what its worth

As per the article.......
The young boy crawled through a barrier and through some bushes and fell into the exhibit and into the moat.

Harambe, a 17-year-old gorilla, went down into the moat and grabbed the boy and started dragging him around. The gorilla reportedly had the boy in his possession for about ten minutes.

Responsible Parents with kids this age?....should be in a buggy or holding their hands...even carrying them....so Yes...feel it was child neglect, not paying attention to the child.

As per the article.......
The young boy crawled through a barrier and through some bushes and fell into the exhibit and into the moat.

Harambe, a 17-year-old gorilla, went down into the moat and grabbed the boy and started dragging him around. The gorilla reportedly had the boy in his possession for about ten minutes.

Responsible Parents with kids this age?....should be in a buggy or holding their hands...even carrying them....so Yes...feel it was child neglect, not paying attention to the child.

how does a young child crawl through some bushes a safety barrier that keeps a beats that size away from humans, and fall into an exhibit?
how safe was that barrier for a child of three to breach?

besides attacking the parents some others need to be called into account here.

how does a young child crawl through some bushes a safety barrier that keeps a beats that size away from humans, and fall into an exhibit?
how safe was that barrier for a child of three to breach?

besides attacking the parents some others need to be called into account here.

Yes...the safety of the barrier should be held into account...But...if the Parents were with the child more than likely this would not have happened. Only takes 1 second for a small child to run away....that child should have been in a stroller or carried around dangerous animals...the Zoo is fun and the kids love it...but Parents know damn well it can be dangerous.

The short video I observed showed the ape being gentle with the boy. Much like a similar incident years ago. Hopefully he's in heaven now and at peace. :D

Yes...the safety of the barrier should be held into account...But...if the Parents were with the child more than likely this would not have happened. Only takes 1 second for a small child to run away....that child should have been in a stroller or carried around dangerous animals...the Zoo is fun and the kids love it...but Parents know damn well it can be dangerous.

how does it serve the public good to go after the parents?

was it the rules of the zoo or is it the law for the child to remain in the stroller? if not should a law be made to dictate it?
does the zoo have a sign stating such?

most people who visit the zoo are prob very confident in the safety.

if parents know damn well it can be dangerous then the simple act of knowingly taking your child into such danger itself is where the neglect lies.

are parents knowingly bringing their children into damn well dangerous places while visiting the zoo?

The short video I observed showed the ape being gentle with the boy. Much like a similar incident years ago. Hopefully he's in heaven now and at peace. :D

sucks to be the ape but

good for boy

I can see what y'all are getting at but if we keep hammering companies for every miss deed then we might as well close everything down. The parents need to parent and keep their kids in check and the zoo needs to have precautions in place like a fence and some bushes... what more can be expected of them? A child climbs any and everything that they can... in this it sucks, it really does but why attack parents or the zoo?

I can see what y'all are getting at but if we keep hammering companies for every miss deed then we might as well close everything down. The parents need to parent and keep their kids in check and the zoo needs to have precautions in place like a fence and some bushes... what more can be expected of them? A child climbs any and everything that they can... in this it sucks, it really does but why attack parents or the zoo?

if the company is stating the barriers are safe. or that obviously they are assumed and presumed to be safe by those of the public going, and a child breaches it.
then the company needs to be called on it.

a fence and some bushes clearly didnt cut it in this case.
its a good thing the kids alive.

the zoo needs to fix the plm. render the barrier safe and thats should be the issue really

sucks for beast

I visited Ivan many times at the B&I. Good guy. :D

if the company is stating the barriers are safe. or that obviously they are assumed and presumed to be safe by those of the public going, and a child breaches it.
then the company needs to be called on it.

a fence and some bushes clearly didnt cut it in this case.
its a good thing the kids alive.

the zoo needs to fix the plm. render the barrier safe and thats should be the issue really

sucks for beast

True but at what point does the person and not the company become liable? Nothing is ever 100% secure there are loop holes through everything. The gate goes to high and the kid dies in the fall. .. the zoo is looked on as being too extreme... the zoos I have been to have signs everywhere telling parents of the dangers and to keep a close eye on their child...

nothing is 100 percent secure....

as long as that's posted for everyone to be aware before they enter....
then sure...

i think if you have a business that keeps wild animals. you better render the premises safe and secure.
or get out of that business.

a three year old breached a barier ment to keep the public away from wild beasts....that can easily harm them

"no barrier is 100 %"
doesnt address the issue of wee Houdini having fun...

in the end i think the zoo should fix the plm on their end.
and the parents know now to keep young houdini in cuffs....

issue solved..
i see no need to ruin lives via the legal system....
the zoo prob has already or soon ill fix the holes in their barrier..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back