Watch Your Kids Numb Nuts!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel bad for the gorilla, caught up in the politics on many levels. I have mixed feelings about zoos...but also think it was a mistake on many people's parts-

nothing is 100 percent secure....

as long as that's posted for everyone to be aware before they enter....
then sure...

i think if you have a business that keeps wild animals. you better render the premises safe and secure.
or get out of that business.

a three year old breached a barier ment to keep the public away from wild beasts....that can easily harm them

"no barrier is 100 %"
doesnt address the issue of wee Houdini having fun...

in the end i think the zoo should fix the plm on their end.
and the parents know now to keep young houdini in cuffs....

issue solved..
i see no need to ruin lives via the legal system....
the zoo prob has already or soon ill fix the holes in their barrier..

True, I may have missed read you. For that I apologize, I was under the impression you were faulting the zoo. This is the first incident the zoo had in 38 years... so Houdini he may be... and while they did close it for investors to finish, I am left wondering what more could they do?

I can see what y'all are getting at but if we keep hammering companies for every miss deed then we might as well close everything down. The parents need to parent and keep their kids in check and the zoo needs to have precautions in place like a fence and some bushes... what more can be expected of them? A child climbs any and everything that they can... in this it sucks, it really does but why attack parents or the zoo?
When you bring a small to zoo or any place that has wild animals you needs to know where your child is at all time , you do this by holding their hands or putting a
child harness on them or use a stroller . B/c I am HOH , kept my child in a stroller when going out with her and when she got old enough to walk I held her hand . It's called comment sense ! Keep your eyes on your child at all time at the zoo b/c you know kids love to climb on things ! The zoo did nothing wrong , I guess the only thing they could do now it have a sign up "Saying children have to stay with parents at all time! " Or "Only fit parents with children are allow!"

When you bring a small to zoo or any place that has wild animals you needs to know where your child is at all time , you do this by holding their hands or putting a
child harness on them or use a stroller . B/c I am HOH , kept my child in a stroller when going out with her and when she got old enough to walk I held her hand . It's called comment sense ! Keep your eyes on your child at all time at the zoo b/c you know kids love to climb on things ! The zoo did nothing wrong , I guess the only thing they could do now it have a sign up "Saying children have to stay with parents at all time! " Or "Only fit parents with children are allow!"

I cheat I have mine hold my hair if I cannot hold their hand... but anytime I go to the zoo or other crowded area there is always an adult between the kids... yet... one must also admit that unless you physically sit on a 3 year old they can slip past you really quick... nothing is said about where the parent/s were... for all we know there was another child with a bloody nose or some other situation that would make a parent blink... which is all it takes... stuff happens... this sucks, but no reason yet to fry the parents as unfit nor the zoo as being irresponsible...

I cheat I have mine hold my hair if I cannot hold their hand... but anytime I go to the zoo or other crowded area there is always an adult between the kids... yet... one must also admit that unless you physically sit on a 3 year old they can slip past you really quick... nothing is said about where the parent/s were... for all we know there was another child with a bloody nose or some other situation that would make a parent blink... which is all it takes... stuff happens... this sucks, but no reason yet to fry the parents as unfit nor the zoo as being irresponsible...
How do have you child hold your hair , I guess it's very long ! Yeah I know little kids are fast on their feet so this is why you made sure they can't run off in a crowded place or zoo , I am a mother and grandma I know how small kids are. This is why I had my small in a stroller so she couldn't run off when we went out .
I am HOH and would never been able to hear my child in a crowd if she ran off so I made sure this didn't happen ! Look you can think what you want and I can think what I want .

Numb Nuts might have been too harsh. :D

I understand zoo has liability to protect but I wonder why they did not use tranquilizer but the effect takes awhile.

It's sad situation for all involved and it would be crazy to have lawsuits involved for the parent's stupidity.

was there another way to save the kid without harming the ape?
or without harming the kid?

I could be wrong but from what little I saw, it looked like the animal was taking better care of the kid than the parents were.....

you can really state that with the very few minutes of video you saw.
interesting.
the hysteria this has all generated.

when i was that kids age i used to sleep in kennels of well trained attack german shepherds.
one whos name was mrs piggy for the most part took better care of me then any humans. and was more protective of me then my father.
mrs piggy would not of been that way to some wayward strangers kid hopping into her kennel though...
i wasnt a strangers kid.

the plm even with well trained animals and this gorilla cute as it was, wasnt a domesticated well trained dog, animals no matter how well trained you get them, they are still animals. and can and even the trained ones do change the rules....and their minds. when they decide too.

but if you would of saw me sleeping cuddled snug to mrs piggy and how she licked me and nuged me with her snout and cared for me you would of thoguht the same...she takes better care of me then people.....

but the view is a very closed one...

becaues it ignores the fundamentals.

Someone posted that they should have shot the Parents too....*sigh*...from what I read, the Gorilla was dragging the kid all thru the moat...and an "expert" on Gorillas said that the Ape would have eventually killed the boy...A tranquiller would make the Gorillas mad...and possibly do more harm to the child (as per an article I did read)...So that was the only recourse was to shoot the Gorilla....RIP...So tragic!

Someone posted that they should have shot the Parents too....*sigh*...from what I read, the Gorilla was dragging the kid all thru the moat...and an "expert" on Gorillas said that the Ape would have eventually killed the boy...A tranquiller would make the Gorillas mad...and possibly do more harm to the child (as per an article I did read)...So that was the only recourse was to shoot the Gorilla....RIP...So tragic!

yes there was very little options...
sucks
but the boy is alive..

I feel bad for the gorilla, caught up in the politics on many levels. I have mixed feelings about zoos...but also think it was a mistake on many people's parts-
My daughter and mom wanted to go ring brother circus and my mom didn't drive , I didn't want to go , I was miserable the whole time b/c I knew how the elephants
and other animals were treated. I am also have mixed feeling about zoos . I had a niece that worked at one in Boston, Ma and she felt b/c she couldn't stand how people were treating the animals , feeding them junk food and giving them objects that they could get sick on by trying to eat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back