Tell us something about your town

I live in the home town of Saint Bens University and Saint Johns University. and Patty Wettlering

We live right next to the 3rd world deadliest highway. Too many people died on that road. We live about 3 miles away from world longest fault line, San Andrea fault line. Never felt jolt from it but felt jolt from others fault lines. I live in high desert with mountain in background. And my neighbor cities are fastest growing cities in the national. Oh well. My town is rural with alot of horse property and peach farms. Sure it is hot in the summer but surprisely today is nice then we get cold in the winter, sometime we get snow. Of course it went down to 10 degree last January and busted so many pipes around here. It is not much here but I came here to escape cities now it is about time for us to find another place more rural than where we are now.

Originally Posted by Sasha64
My town soooo far away from u guys in fact it right down the bottom of this world so close to Antartica. Where I live is the biggest city of my country and has the most population in my country. Am surround by ocean on my left and right. My favourite place is on the beach which is about 30 mins drive from my place. Here we are popular for the kiwis (the bird that cant fly). We have a harbour bridge and a skytower that overlook the pacific ocean. Cute sight to see. If you wish to know more about my country give me a beep!!

That's Sydney.

Car policy, high taxes, etc. I can't tell because there is too many laws that I dislike about Washington..

Oh well, that's life. Taxes are much higher in other states than Washington state, so be glad about that. :) Yeah, the drunk driving law needs to be more tough because they're giving them another chance to drive on the road again.

Reba, (charleston) I love Charleston so much. She is right, the locals are awesome. I have been there 2times. Good food, good people, good climate, and best of all, good golfing there.
I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your visits. :)

Midland, TX is locate in west Texas. It's actual between El Paso and Fort Worth on I-20 hwy. It's big as 100,000 population, quiet city but highly oil business in Permian Basin. They're most crazy in high school football. The landscape are very flat, nothing else is special. At least, it's 5 hours to mountain for ski. A hour to sand dune. 2 hours to lake to fishing. 4 hours to Big Bend for awesome camp. Or 2 hours to mountain for camp. ta-da!

everybody in alldeaf.com would hate my hometown. since Bush's hometown in Midland. :D
Not all hate Bush. Hate is a bad word according to my dictionary. Just say dislike. Now, not all dislike Bush. Some of us do like Bush!!! Arent you glad it was not Al Gore when the terrorists crashed into WTC years ago??? Why?? Al would duck and do nothing and I would not have been writing this post since a terrorist would killed many of us! Just my two cents.

My hometown... Syracuse, NY. The home of the Syracuse Orangemen (and Orangewomen). You all should be glad not to live in Syracuse since it is a dying city that many companies left this small city. Bob "Greedy" Congel is turning his castle called Carousel Center Mall into Destiny USA. I refuse to shop at that mall (I mentioned in my topic about favorite malls), Oh by the way, they want to take out Interstate 81 running through the city!!!?? How can I drive south from Liverpool?? What about Hawatha Blvd?? Congel wants that out too!

Besides the old days of greatness. Not anymore. We used to have Syracuse Nationals NBA Basketball Team. Idiot owner sold it Philly investors and turn it into 76ers. NBA refuse to let ABA Syracuse team (new this year) to adopt the Nationals name since NBA owns it. Heck, I dislike NBA since they didnt draft G-Mac. Screw them!

Whats more?? High taxes, too closed minded, and more. Just stay where you are or go someplace else. Hey go up to 1000 islands, or Oswego Harborfest in end of July,..great fireworks there!! Better in Syracuse!! To attend trade shows, go elsewhere.. like NAIAS in Detroit or the Boat show in Miami/Miami Beach, and the RV show in Hersey, Pa., Etc. For camping, go up to the Adirondacks. It is the nation's LARGEST park.. much much bigger than out west!!! You know that?? Or go down to NY (city) for museums, etc.. Like wines?? Then go to the Fingerlakes region between Syracuse and the deaf city Rochester. Or to see deaf people and college, go to Rochester, not Syracuse. Thank you for understanding and helping me boycott Bobby Congel's Mall and more.

I lived in Salem-Kiezer for about 10 years. Honsetly, I don't like the Salem because of stupid stict laws, car accidents occured so often, many polices in that city (don't you remmy, Puyo?), and too cowrd city. So I really love Kiezer very much because the city is very friendly place, great helpers, and open-minded people. It's not many polices in there, through. Sadly, there is not many deaf people in Kiezer and the most deaf people live in Salem. :/

My town's school mascot was named America's Weirdest Team Mascot in Reader's Digest - yes we are the Little Johns. In todays translation it means the little potty but when the town was formed some centuries ago it was translated from Petit Jean in French to Little John in English.

The story of Petit Jean is that a woman's husband signed up for an expedition in Arkansas and she did not want to stay behind - she did a GI Jane thing and disguised herself as a boy and was able to get on the expedition as the Cabin Boy to the Ship's Captain and Expedition Leader. When they arrived here in this area she became very sick and eventually died - when they began to give her medical treatment it was only then did they discover that she was a woman. She is now burried atop Petit Jean Mountain which was named after her as well as the Petit Jean River which is our town's main river and yes my company is Petit Jean Poultry was named after the River, and yes it is located right on the river as well. So there ya go kiddies thats todays history lesson from Dixie.

My town's school mascot was named America's Weirdest Team Mascot in Reader's Digest - yes we are the Little Johns. In todays translation it means the little potty but when the town was formed some centuries ago it was translated from Petit Jean in French to Little John in English.

The story of Petit Jean is that a woman's husband signed up for an expedition in Arkansas and she did not want to stay behind - she did a GI Jane thing and disguised herself as a boy and was able to get on the expedition as the Cabin Boy to the Ship's Captain and Expedition Leader. When they arrived here in this area she became very sick and eventually died - when they began to give her medical treatment it was only then did they discover that she was a woman. She is now burried atop Petit Jean Mountain which was named after her as well as the Petit Jean River which is our town's main river and yes my company is Petit Jean Poultry was named after the River, and yes it is located right on the river as well. So there ya go kiddies thats todays history lesson from Dixie.

Dixie, that is something I certainly never knew. :ty:

Where do I begin... There is so much to do in Los Angeles, CA. You can start off visiting Hollywood , Beverly Hills and surrounding beaches like Santa Monica. Its filled with tourist everyday here.

You can visit a variety of amusement parks, starting with Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm , Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios. You can do plenty visit museums, parks and historical landmarks.

You can go to beaches and mountains , surfing to skiing. There are a lot of getaways to explore driving up and down the coast.

You can decide if you visit L.A. , CA

Where do I begin... There is so much to do in Los Angeles, CA. You can start off visiting Hollywood , Beverly Hills and surrounding beaches like Santa Monica. Its filled with tourist everyday here.

You can visit a variety of amusement parks, starting with Disneyland, Knott's Berry Farm , Six Flags Magic Mountain and Universal Studios. You can do plenty visit museums, parks and historical landmarks.

You can go to beaches and mountains , surfing to skiing. There are a lot of getaways to explore driving up and down the coast.

You can decide if you visit L.A. , CA

I am surprise that California didn't fall off the Earth... I bet
that part of the land hold 3 million pounds of people....

hohDougRN you got the first answer right. It is in fact Auckland.

JClarke - nope it not Sydney but ur my neighbours in fact so pretty close. U have the kangaroos and I dont. Read my line where i said where the kiwis lives (that was the clue). :)

Last edited:
Yeah Texas do have strict laws too there..

Huh? I live in Texas for my whole life. Having a good times in Texas. But strict laws? What is it? Beside auto insurance. heh This great state of Texas doesn't have the state tax or high tax. I'm not too sure about Texas' tax....

As for this thread, I live in crappy town with full of senior citizens and just a hour from Austin, Texas. Nothing too important. I'm not going to say out loud the name of my town. Cause it has small population. So, no one going to find me. heh

Hello Texan Guy ... hmmm you're one hour from Austin, TX .... Have you spend your time in Austin area alot? If you do, does it have good deaf clubs/events going on there?

Huh? I live in Texas for my whole life. Having a good times in Texas. But strict laws? What is it? Beside auto insurance. heh

As for this thread, I live in crappy town, an hour from Austin, Texas. Nothing too important. I'm not going to say out loud the name of my town. Cause it has small population. So, no one going to find me. heh

Huh? I live in Texas for my whole life. Having a good times in Texas. But strict laws? What is it? Beside auto insurance. heh This great state of Texas doesn't have the state tax or high tax. I'm not too sure about Texas' tax....

As for this thread, I live in crappy town with full of senior citizens and just a hour from Austin, Texas. Nothing too important. I'm not going to say out loud the name of my town. Cause it has small population. So, no one going to find me. heh

I think that he was talk about sodemy law in TX but abandoned in all USA since 2003.

Are you live in area that where Texas Massacre Chainsaw (remake) is located? :eek3:

I like suburb of Chicago and live for nearly 1 years, alot of thing to do in Chicago, such as tour around downtown, neighborhood, go to shopping and there's beach in lake.

I'm really like LA better than Chicago, not know when move back to LA, not in anytime soon.

Back