Tell us something about your town

I like suburb of Chicago and live for nearly 1 years, alot of thing to do in Chicago, such as tour around downtown, neighborhood, go to shopping and there's beach in lake.

I'm really like LA better than Chicago, not know when move back to LA, not in anytime soon.

you said, in LA better than Chicago. why?
I think, LA is too much worse traffic and a lot of ppl than chicago. I went to LA, but not Chicago. anytime, I would visit there.

I think, LA is too much worse traffic and a lot of ppl than chicago. I went to LA, but not Chicago. anytime, I would visit there.

For my personal, I can careless about worst traffic in LA, also Chicago has worst traffic too, almost no difference from LA, population are more in LA metro because land is too huge, such as San Bernardino and Riverside counties. I like LA better than Chicago because more shopping, alot of entertainment, architecture in LA is my type because of modern/retro, stucco and other structure, better climate, such as low humidity and not too hassle in winter time, there's more reason that I love LA.

I had lived in LA for 13 years but my parent is still from suburb of LA.

I have seen chicago, I can tell that they have better transportation service than LA.

Bad traffic is only in downtown, use bike or walk is best if ever live there.
I have walk like 9 miles one day in downtown to see everything. I love skyscraper, it's much cool than Los Angeles.

I like suburb of Chicago and live for nearly 1 years, alot of thing to do in Chicago, such as tour around downtown, neighborhood, go to shopping and there's beach in lake.

I'm really like LA better than Chicago, not know when move back to LA, not in anytime soon.

How coming you didn't go to gay bar club in Chicago? They look fun to me.

I have seen chicago, I can tell that they have better transportation service than LA.

Bad traffic is only in downtown, use bike or walk is best if ever live there.
I have walk like 9 miles one day in downtown to see everything. I love skyscraper, it's much cool than Los Angeles.

but LA metro offers bus service in full routes over 5 counties, from LA, Riverside, San Bernardino, OC and some part of Ventura, also there's Metrolink too since numerous of suburb in Chicago have lousy bus service, even none in some suburb, I live in 30 miles away from Downtown Chicago, traffic is getting bad on weekday, such as morning, noon (around lunch time) and even, it got bad on weekend, especially on Saturday.

Traffic in Chicago metro isn't difference from LA and DC/Baltimore metro, all of 3 are bad, also Atlanta is bad too. You haven't look in whole of suburb, outside of city limit.

Winter is fucking nightmare because of bad snow, I had hard time to got in workplace, it won't happen in LA, though.

Don't forgot, Chicago metro does have Metra too but not longest as Metrolink does.

I live in Schererville Indiana. Extreme North/West Indiana.

It is only 30-40 minutes from Chicago. I love Chicago but the I have never seen worse drivers, ruder people, and racism any worse than there and it is spilling over the border into this part of Indiana now.

For now, Schererville is a cute little town with several golf courses a lot of nice parks and my favorite, a really cool 1/2 mile stock car track. We're close to 2 major highways which makes travel in and out of the area a lot easier.

There are other larger towns very close to including the South Chicago suburbs so there is a lot to do if you don't mind fighting the traffic.

but LA metro offers bus service in full routes over 5 counties, from LA, Riverside, San Bernardino, OC and some part of Ventura, also there's Metrolink too since numerous of suburb in Chicago have lousy bus service, even none in some suburb, I live in 30 miles away from Downtown Chicago, traffic is getting bad on weekday, such as morning, noon (around lunch time) and even, it got bad on weekend, especially on Saturday.

Traffic in Chicago metro isn't difference from LA and DC/Baltimore metro, all of 3 are bad, also Atlanta is bad too. You haven't look in whole of suburb, outside of city limit.

Winter is fucking nightmare because of bad snow, I had hard time to got in workplace, it won't happen in LA, though.

As I recall that LA have little n' short subway while Chicago have bigger subway system as second largest in America. why live in Chicago in first place if you complain almost everything? Go back to LA.

As I recall that LA have little n' short subway while Chicago have bigger subway system as second largest in America. why live in Chicago in first place if you complain almost everything? Go back to LA.

Chicago subway has been for long time, around 100 years but subway isn't open to public in LA until 1993, that's much smaller when opened at first in 1993 and expanded in 1996, again in 1999 then other again in 2000 but stopped due financial issue and enviornment issue and they are in discuss about expands the subway system to sea. I had been in subway in Chicago before and love it but environment and theme isn't nice as LA subway, also I don't complain about it.

Go re-read my post, I moved to relative's house in suburb of Chicago and want start on new life in different cities, that what I love Chicago but no way for me to love over LA. I'm not complain about everything, neither in LA or Chicago. I just had problem with traffic in winter time but in general isn't. You don't need tell me to move back to LA, that's my choice.

I am surprise that California didn't fall off the Earth... I bet
that part of the land hold 3 million pounds of people....
:topic:
Now, without you living here in California, it lost some weight :rofl: we are now at what, 2 million people :rofl:

If it was all possible, I would send you off to another planet :rofl:

California has some nice rural areas to visit. You can drive to northern Calif and visit Hearst Castle.

Hello Texan Guy ... hmmm you're one hour from Austin, TX .... Have you spend your time in Austin area alot? If you do, does it have good deaf clubs/events going on there?

Austin does have a lot of deaf clubs and probably one of largest deaf community in the state or USA. But I didn't go because the college kept me busy. But I heard their clubs is pretty fun and more actives. This fall semester, I'll probably go visit some deaf clubs.

Are you live in area that where Texas Massacre Chainsaw (remake) is located? :eek3:

Actually, original Texas Massacre Chainsaw (1973). I have been in that old victorian house. I worked there and it is a restaurant now. My parents owned that victorian house. But they turned it over to somebody. No joking.

That victorian house is moved to my town from outside of Round Rock, Texas, tho.

Actually, original Texas Massacre Chainsaw (1973). I have been in that old victorian house. I worked there and it is a restaurant now. My parents owned that victorian house. But they turned it over to somebody. No joking.

That victorian house is moved to my town from outside of Round Rock, Texas, tho.

Is it located in Bastrop?
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (1974) - Filming locations

I guess that Round Rock, included with outside of city and Bastrop are used to be much smaller in 1973, also I had seen that Round Rock is growing so rapidly.

I lived in Salem-Kiezer for about 10 years. Honsetly, I don't like the Salem because of stupid stict laws, car accidents occured so often, many polices in that city (don't you remmy, Puyo?), and too cowrd city. So I really love Kiezer very much because the city is very friendly place, great helpers, and open-minded people. It's not many polices in there, through. Sadly, there is not many deaf people in Kiezer and the most deaf people live in Salem. :/

Yupp I do remember, I was used to live in the location where crime is always at. It was like crazy drama city hehe! :) I had been seeing crime and red/blue lights about once everyweek and see police pulled over the car almost everyday, I understand how you feel it's crazy.

Could you elaborate on this a little bit? We are moving to Vancouver very soon. I’d like to know what I’m in for.

Well about Washington's law, the most worst law I ever seen in Washington is the cars. It is illegal for you to drive without the insurance, illegal for you to put the liscense plate on the rear window, illegal for you to have the 2 years old kids on incorrect seats, also are very expensive to own a car in Washington. That's other reason why I discard my own car.

Also the school, Washington demands when the students are absent for 15 days in a year, then that student will have to go to the court.

Even some people think Washington is turining into "Californicated".

But about living in Vancouver, Washington, the exactly where I am, it's wonderful. Vancouver could be boring as alot of rumors said about Vancouver, but myself I love Vancouver with very beautiful three mountains that you can see from Vancouver, and if you are too boring in Vancouver, then you can just go across the river to downtown Portland which are on the borderline between the river, Columbia River, with Vancouver. Also you could have a big advantage of taxes in Vancouver/Portland area because you can live in place with cheaper taxes, then you can go to Portland where there is no sale taxes, you can shop there. So you have very cheap taxes.

Huh? I live in Texas for my whole life. Having a good times in Texas. But strict laws? What is it? Beside auto insurance. heh This great state of Texas doesn't have the state tax or high tax. I'm not too sure about Texas' tax....

As for this thread, I live in crappy town with full of senior citizens and just a hour from Austin, Texas. Nothing too important. I'm not going to say out loud the name of my town. Cause it has small population. So, no one going to find me. heh

I heard that the school system in Texas, especially Austin, was very strict. That what makes me thought Texas might have a strict law.

Well about Washington's law, the most worst law I ever seen in Washington is the cars. It is illegal for you to drive without the insurance, illegal for you to put the liscense plate on the rear window, illegal for you to have the 2 years old kids on incorrect seats, also are very expensive to own a car in Washington. That's other reason why I discard my own car.

Also the school, Washington demands when the students are absent for 15 days in a year, then that student will have to go to the court.

Even some people think Washington is turining into "Californicated".

But about living in Vancouver, Washington, the exactly where I am, it's wonderful. Vancouver could be boring as alot of rumors said about Vancouver, but myself I love Vancouver with very beautiful three mountains that you can see from Vancouver, and if you are too boring in Vancouver, then you can just go across the river to downtown Portland which are on the borderline between the river, Columbia River, with Vancouver. Also you could have a big advantage of taxes in Vancouver/Portland area because you can live in place with cheaper taxes, then you can go to Portland where there is no sale taxes, you can shop there. So you have very cheap taxes.

I heard that the school system in Texas, especially Austin, was very strict. That what makes me thought Texas might have a strict law.

so.. where you should move? :)

My town's school mascot was named America's Weirdest Team Mascot in Reader's Digest - yes we are the Little Johns. In todays translation it means the little potty but when the town was formed some centuries ago it was translated from Petit Jean in French to Little John in English.

The story of Petit Jean is that a woman's husband signed up for an expedition in Arkansas and she did not want to stay behind - she did a GI Jane thing and disguised herself as a boy and was able to get on the expedition as the Cabin Boy to the Ship's Captain and Expedition Leader. When they arrived here in this area she became very sick and eventually died - when they began to give her medical treatment it was only then did they discover that she was a woman. She is now burried atop Petit Jean Mountain which was named after her as well as the Petit Jean River which is our town's main river and yes my company is Petit Jean Poultry was named after the River, and yes it is located right on the river as well. So there ya go kiddies thats todays history lesson from Dixie.
Very interesting story! :P

That's true. Texas wants to be uhh.."number one public schools" or "bestest public schools" in United States of America. I don't know why. But you graduated from high school, so, don't worry about being live in Texas. lol

Back