T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data

:ty: Good luck on your new blackberry. You will love it! It have WIFI. Sidekick is very slow at internet and not have WIFI. That is why I don't like sidekick at all.

I have Sprint MiFi 2200 and Cradlepoint MBR2000 router with Sprint U727 aircard , My Blackberry Curve 8900 has built-in Wifi and I have my blackberry to connected my MiFi or Cradlepoint MBR2200 router via WiFi. it's great work

I am in De Soto City, FL Where is No T-Mobile coverage or T-Mobile won't do roaming agreement with AT&T about 2 miles from North. but T-Mobile do roaming agreement in about 7 to 10 miles away from south, it is very weakest signal, So I connect WiFi to router with Sprint Aircard or MiFi. Sprint's wireless signal is very good coverage. It's EVDO Rev A now.

I have my Blackberry 8900 did connect to T-Mobile server over the Internet it's called UMA (Unlicensed Mobile Access). It able to receive incoming SMS messages or sending SMS message also making a call through T-Mobile Hotspot @home . Blackberry E-mail service, web browser, Blackberry Messenger, and IM's use via directly to the Internet. but I did not make calls

I have old pricing plan with Sprint Unlimited Wireless Internet plan both of two devices.

For those of you who lost everything on your Sidekick...

Did you change your password during those two weeks that your Sidekick was out of service? If so, try changing your password again... back to what it originally was before they had the service problem. See if that does anything. (This is just an idea, I don't know if it will work.)

The reason why I'm bringing this up is because I had a similar problem with mine.

I didn't really lose anything, but I did lose my categories in my address book. You know, "Work", "Family", "Friends", or whatever category people have? All of my contacts were listed as "Unlisted" (default). I decided to assign them all again. When I added "Work", "Family", "Friends" (exactly as they were from last time), I checked back and everything went back to the correct category that I made. It's as if the server still remembers (subconsciously) and went back to normal.

What if the server is based on your old password? Changing your password allows you to do whatever you want on your current settings, but the server might still be on your old password (which never changed when you changed it cuz it was down at the moment).

Most of my friends who lost everything on their Sidekick... changed their password during those 2 weeks.

So, try that? Let me know what happens.

If you're sidekick user. Get blackberry or Iphone...

T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data

Yeah! It's my opinion. I don't care if they thought I am too pushy. I don't mean. What if sidekick have problem again what they can do? They have to go T-Mobile or Sprint to look for price and data plan if they can afford to buy new smartphone instead blackberry and Iphone. It up to them.

Well, to me, that is not an opinion but it's rather an imperative sentence. If you don't mean it, then you should haven't say "get BB or iPhone" in first place. You could have a say like this, "If you are a sidekick user, you could try this link for BB and/or iPhone. And, here's a link for a cheaper phone if you cannot afford." Or something like that. Just a thought...

its completly b.s when it comes to tmobile's offer of 1 free month and yet i still have to pay that bill has anyone received a bill from tmobile?

its completly b.s when it comes to tmobile's offer of 1 free month and yet i still have to pay that bill has anyone received a bill from tmobile?

Nope, maybe you would need to call them to get a free month T-Mobile service.

its confirmed the catalog is back in service yay! that means sidekick is now 100% working
all i did do was power it down then waits few mins then powered it up

its confirmed the catalog is back in service yay! that means sidekick is now 100% working
all i did do was power it down then waits few mins then powered it up
Yes, it has been around for several days. :)

Anyways, it is said that T-Mobile will begin rolling out Mobile Backup for Sidekick LX 2009 customers via an Over The Air (OTA) process. All Sidekick LX 2009 customers should receive the OTA in the next few weeks.

For more info on Mobile backup check out: Mobile Backup FAQs

Yes, it has been around for several days. :)

Anyways, it is said that T-Mobile will begin rolling out Mobile Backup for Sidekick LX 2009 customers via an Over The Air (OTA) process. All Sidekick LX 2009 customers should receive the OTA in the next few weeks.

For more info on Mobile backup check out: Mobile Backup FAQs

what about SK2?

Back