T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data

Micro$oft is suppose be powerful company and yet, they screw up with Danger's thing. Make every SK owners cry hard as it pour from the sky.

VW BUG- I just want to say, you can’t put the blame on tmo for this. Microsoft is the responsible one who running the servers that stores the information, therefore it is their cause sidekicks are having so many problems with data loss.

let u know t-mobile is also responsibe for not informing more sooner and not enough time to warn us not to remove the battey! so its 50-50 between tmobile and micro$oft they are supposed to work together on it

Does it matter who's responsible for this? I don't understand why some of you are blaming T-Mobile for this, from everything I've read, it is Microsoft/Danger problem. T-Mobile had took fault in this situation by giving their customers credits. Those of you who are not sidekick users, it doesn't involved you. So, I'm asking you politely to "Shoo Shoo, Go away". ;)

let u know t-mobile is also responsibe for not informing more sooner and not enough time to warn us not to remove the battey! so its 50-50 between tmobile and micro$oft they are supposed to work together on it
It was thought that Danger would get it back up sooner and they were not aware of the problem until they discovered it. Both T-Mobile USA and Danger, Inc. informed Sidekick users, what was happening, etc.

Well, both :sure:Microsoft and T-Mobile have to accept all responsible for data loss and they are :69: fck up fool, T-mo give us one month free and $100 appericate card:boink: can be use purchase toward to T-mobile store anything like pay bill or to get battery, power cord, etc... pfffft not enough !:madfawk: How about 6 months credit worth muherfucker!!! (voice Samuel Jackson) :afro:

My gf said her email addy, phonebook, etc gone ! I mean just like that poof by remove battery then put it back, nothing show it up just blank.

I find odd enough because SIM card suppose save all info there ? not battery ? MS and TMO are just plain dumb and time for dump Dangers OS now, I say Danger OS is about to RIP around the corner.

Just my :2c:

dg

Is there a way to email or download the whole contact list in tmobile SK3? Thanks

Well, both :sure:Microsoft and T-Mobile have to accept all responsible for data loss and they are :69: fck up fool, T-mo give us one month free and $100 appericate card:boink: can be use purchase toward to T-mobile store anything like pay bill or to get battery, power cord, etc... pfffft not enough !:madfawk: How about 6 months credit worth muherfucker!!! (voice Samuel Jackson) :afro:

My gf said her email addy, phonebook, etc gone ! I mean just like that poof by remove battery then put it back, nothing show it up just blank.

I find odd enough because SIM card suppose save all info there ? not battery ? MS and TMO are just plain dumb and time for dump Dangers OS now, I say Danger OS is about to RIP around the corner.

Just my :2c:

dg

BRAVO!!!! let's congratulate the user , it's well said!!!!!

Dear T-Mobile Sidekick customers,

On behalf of Microsoft, I want to apologize for the recent problems with the Sidekick service and give you an update on the steps we have taken to resolve these problems.

We are pleased to report that we have recovered most, if not all, customer data for those Sidekick customers whose data was affected by the recent outage. We plan to begin restoring users’ personal data as soon as possible, starting with personal contacts, after we have validated the data and our restoration plan. We will then continue to work around the clock to restore data to all affected users, including calendar, notes, tasks, photographs and high scores, as quickly as possible.

We now believe that data loss affected a minority of Sidekick users. If your Sidekick account was among those affected, please continue to log into these forums for the latest updates about when data restoration will begin, and any steps you may need to take. We will work with T-Mobile to post the next update on data restoration timing no later than Saturday.

We have determined that the outage was caused by a system failure that created data loss in the core database and the back-up. We rebuilt the system component by component, recovering data along the way. This careful process has taken a significant amount of time, but was necessary to preserve the integrity of the data.

We will continue working closely with T-Mobile to restore user data as quickly as possible. We are eager to deliver the level of reliable service that our incredibly loyal customers have become accustomed to, and we are taking immediate steps to help ensure this does not happen again. Specifically, we have made changes to improve the overall stability of the Sidekick Service and initiated a more resilient backup process to ensure that the integrity of our database backups is maintained.

Once again, we apologize for this situation and the inconvenience that it has created. Please know that we are working all-out to resolve this situation and restore the reliability of the service.

Sincerely,
Roz Ho
Corporate Vice President
Premium Mobile Experiences, Microsoft Corporation

Sidekick

cool. I hope that tmobile will work their asses off to get good recognized gain after clearing up their mess up history.

No Companies are perfect to run their services. We all should accepted that.

I stay with sidekick until it died.

Sidekick browser have been down for 4 days...

At least T-mobile/Microsoft did apologized and communicated with their customers where as Telstra (Australian Company) points fingers to Danger and doesn't inform or apologized their customers. Telstra won't give credit to all sidekicks customers in Australia as they say any third party problems is nothing to do with Telstra only Danger. :roll:

Sidekick browser have been down for 4 days...

At least T-mobile/Microsoft did apologized and communicated with their customers where as Telstra (Australian Company) points fingers to Danger and doesn't inform or apologized their customers. Telstra won't give credit to all sidekicks customers in Australia as they say any third party problems is nothing to do with Telstra only Danger. :roll:

Really! I think that Danger company server has been down in all of USA. They
may be down in all of world ???

Deaf users sound off on Sidekick outage
(CNET) -- When the T-Mobile Sidekick started having data problems two weeks ago, it was a big pain for nearly all of the company's roughly 800,000 subscribers.

But it became particularly rough for the many deaf people who have been among the Sidekick's most loyal fan base.

"It was severely limiting and made me very dependent on others," Carla McCraw, a Web designer from San Antonio, Texas, said in an e-mail interview. "This loss of independence was very stressful on me."

McCraw said she relies on her Sidekick to manage everyday tasks, from keeping up with closures at her son's day care to whether soccer practice will be rained out.

"It was extremely frustrating, not being able to know, and my mother had to call the soccer coach and day care, making me feel extremely inadequate," she said. "I had to rely on the Internet through (alternative services such as) Yahoo and Facebook to let my friends know my Sidekick was down."

The good news, for both deaf and hearing users, is that Microsoft and T-Mobile appear to be making headway at restoring much of the data that, at one time, appeared gone permanently.

But even an outage can be a big deal for those that use the Sidekick as something of a communications lifeline.

"As the outage went on, I became concerned about how my deaf teenage son would be able to communicate in an emergency," Jamie Berke, an About.com guide based in the Washington metro area, said in an e-mail.

"I know he is not the only one," said Berke, who is also deaf. "The outage probably meant that thousands of deaf children who depend on their Sidekicks to communicate with parents were unable to communicate in the event of an emergency. Plus, I myself, would have been unable to communicate in an emergency."

The Sidekick became an early favorite in deaf circles because of its good keyboard, then-state-of-the-art instant-messaging abilities, and ability to connect to relay services. T-Mobile improved things further by adding a data-only option so that deaf users weren't paying for voice minutes they didn't use.

Because the Sidekick didn't evolve as fast as other smartphones, many users -- deaf and hearing alike -- moved to the BlackBerry and other devices. And after their recent experiences, many of the remaining Sidekick users in the deaf community have said they are considering jumping ship, once their T-Mobile contracts end.

"I am going to look into Sprint's BlackBerry, which more and more deaf people are taking up, and have complimented, and (said) that it is a lot more reliable," McCraw said.

Lisa Gault, a deaf Sidekick owner in Katy, Texas, said she in an e-mail interview that she relies on the Sidekick as a means to stay in touch with her family.

"It's a way for the school to get a hold of me, if something were to occur with my son who is (not deaf)," Gault said.

Gault said that even short of an emergency, it is a problem not to get her e-mail for an extended period.

"It's annoying, as my friends think I'm ignoring them, when in reality, I didn't get the e-mails yet," Gault said. "It really put the deaf community at more of a disadvantage--more so than for hearing people, since we're so reliant on e-mail (devices) to keep in touch."

ooooo we made it to news!

T-Mobile sued for Sidekick
Sidekick is Microsoft
By Nick Farrell
Thursday, 15 October 2009, 11:00
T-MOBILE HAS BEEN SUED for losing SideKick users' data, despite the fact that it was really caused by Microsoft's Danger subsidiary.
T-Mobile was hit with two separate class-action lawsuits alleging that the company misled consumers into believing that their data was secure.
Sidekick user Maureen Thompson alleges in a lawsuit filed in federal district court in San Jose, California that one of the major selling points of Sidekicks was that users always had access to their personal data, and that such data would and could properly be entrusted to the defendants to maintain and retain, safely, securely and always available.
Thompson claims she "suffered a complete and catastrophic loss of all data", including appointments and contacts. Her daughter, an aspiring model and singer-songwriter, lost photos and lyrics she wrote that she had stored on the device.
Thompson's lawyer, Michael Aschenbrener of Kamber Edelson claims that Thompson and her daughter chose Sidekick to avoid the very scenario that occurred.
The other lawsuit was filed in a Washington state court by Oren Rosenthal, who claims that T-Mobile's advertising did not disclose that T-Mobile had no backup to ensure that customers' stored data could be retrieved if there was a failure.
T-Mobile is confident that it will get most of the data back and is offering $100 to those who lost data.
Microsoft said that most, if not all, customer data for those Sidekick customers whose data was affected by the recent outage is retrievable.
It plans to start restoring users' personal data as soon as possible, starting with personal contacts, after it has validated the data and its restoration plan.
A spokesVole said that it will work around the clock to restore data to all affected users, including calendar, notes, tasks, photographs and high scores, as quickly as possible.
It now appears that a minority of Sidekick users have suffered data loss, the Vole claims.
Microsoft is suggesting that users log on to the T-Mobile Sidekick forum for the latest updates about when data restoration will begin.
However it looks like the US 'class action for hot coffee' legal system has beaten it to the punch.

T-mobile sued for sidekick - The Inquirer
:aw::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Well, full service has been restored for my Sidekick... and I didn't lose anything. :)

Back