T-Mobile: we probably lost all your Sidekick data

Yeah, but it is possible they will be able to get it back up once they figure how to do it. Expect more announcement from T-Mobile (and Danger Inc.) in the next couple of days.

Anyway, I was able to get my old addressbook back by going to my old Sidekick. :)

From a moderator at Powered By Danger, he posted this:
If you have an old Sidekick that has a removable battery you might have a data backup. Find your old sidekick, and a charger. Make sure you do not move your SIM card over, doing so will clear the device. Let the device charge for a while and turn it on.

Once it's on check the contacts to see if they are still in tact. If they are still there it's time to start copying them down. Make sure to not yank the battery, throw a SIM card in, or unplug it while your copying down anything off the device you want to keep. Make sure to turn it off when you get all ya want, and to keep it in a safe place.

My service as been restorted and I still have all of my data but my brother and hubby has lost all of their data. LOL

I still have all the information on my sidekick, I have never taken out the battery nor reset. I have powered down and back on once, it didn't give me any effects. I hope they are able to get all your information in place when they get it back to normal soon.

Why do people keep pushing us to get blackberry or I Phone just because our sidekick was temporary out of service? It's not the end of the world. My sidekick had been restored and I have a credit on my account for free t-mobile service for the whole month of October. I have no complains. ;)

Why do people keep pushing us to get blackberry or I Phone just because our sidekick was temporary out of service? It's not the end of the world. My sidekick had been restored and I have a credit on my account for free t-mobile service for the whole month of October. I have no complains. ;)

My feelings exactly. I am ready to say "Back off! " LOL!

Pinky is just expressing her opinion so no need to attack on her.

I did not lose any information on my sidekick. I feel bad for others who lose their contacts. I don't plan to get another mobile. i am waiting for my sidekick to die. i am pretty sure that sidekick would stays alive longer, i hope. heheh

I did not lose any information on my sidekick. I feel bad for others who lose their contacts. I don't plan to get another mobile. i am waiting for my sidekick to die. i am pretty sure that sidekick would stays alive longer, i hope. heheh

I think that you should transfer to new G1 mobile.

I think that you should transfer to new G1 mobile.

LOL you little stubborn, eh. I still have my mind open to lots of options of buying which mobile that fits my budget plan. I don't travel that much due to being a mom to two kids and working mom. Thats why i rather buy a reasonable price for mobile and then the cheap fee monthly.
:D

again thank you for sharing this of your preferred G1 mobile. Is G1 under Tmobile but not with the danger server right? lol

You are right! T-mobile G1 is not under Danger. You may stop at t-mobile to see it and ask for transfering. no contact penalty. See more info on G1

The T-Mobile G1 with Google phone | Official Site

Thanks for being a friendly helpful. Right now i still have all the information on my sidekick that i don't complain. Even i dont pay the fee for the whole month. whoodoopies. :giggle: I would keep that in mind and other kind of options of mobile. i am not rushing off to get a new mobile due to the limited budget. I still survive and can do the productive here with my sidekick. lol

thanks.

That was an imperative sentence. That's telling us what to do.

Foxrac - No, Shel90 is right; that's not an opinion. She told sidekick users what to get a new cell phone, that is what she told them what to do. I prefer sidekick, of course, I know sidekick is not prefect but I have my reasons. I can't afford Blackberry or iPhone or whatever it is. How dare is anybody tell me what I need or get without allowing me to make a decision as my own?

That is why I spoke up. I thanked Cheri for pointed out as well. For your info, I don't attack her. I reminded her...

T-Mobile needs to do more than give us a free month. How about free BB's pto replace SK's?

Back