Swearing and Cussing?

I do believe in the freedom of speech but AD can't come off as looking like a trashy web site either.

I absolutely agree!

I do cuss sometime not all the times. When I was in bad mood. Or someone are being asshole or B-itch. I would call them a bad word. I started learn bad word when I was in elementary school. My classmate boy. He is deaf. He started to use "Bleep" you at teacher. Our teacher got him into trouble and put a wood file wrap in his middle finger and put a draw of bad face to make learned his lesson.

I asked my mom what is the word finger middle mean? She said it's bad word and don't use it please.

Some parents put children mouths with a lava soap to make stop use bad languages. Is that bad or good idea??
"Supernanny" said put child a soap in the mouth is bad for child. Because it have a chemical.

When I was in middle school at deaf school. I saw every kids started to cussing a lot. I used to be cuss a lot in high school. Now, I stopped it. I am using cuss for rarely. I don't want to influence my kids to use a bad languages.

I know every kids from school are bad influences to other kids. Some bad parents do influence kids to use a cuss when they are into argue and yell each other in front of children. The children will learn it from their parents and other kids in school.

Using bad words or vulgar language constantly will make you ( any person ) to look stupid or idiot.

swearing is part of everyday life. I wouldnt waste too much energy enforcing something so tedius as some moron saying the word fuck, because simply put, no one cares, and no one is shocked.

swearing is part of everyday life. I wouldnt waste too much energy enforcing something so tedius as some moron saying the word fuck, because simply put, no one cares, and no one is shocked.

Except conservatives! LOL

Originally Posted by Pepsi
I do believe in the freedom of speech but AD can't come off as looking like a trashy web site either.
Right on. :thumb:

While AD accept freedom of speech, they prefer you to use your common sense and use it wisely. ;)

Yes, that's right.

So you rather let your tongue control you instead of you controling your tongue? Interesting.

I rather be in control of my thoughts and of my tongue.

who do you think would gain more respect of others?

One that curses and cusss just case someone drops a hammer on his foot.

or

One that maintains control despite the fact he/she is hurting cause the hammer was dropped on his toe?

Okay, what if a mother lose her children by running away, the mother called the police and was very emotionally, plus she was swearing through her emotionally worry about her children, but the police told her that the police refuse to help her just because she was swearing.

Which would you pick, find her children and make her happy, or support police to reject her and her children just because she sweared? Now you get my point.

Originally Posted by PuyoPiyo
Agree, it's normal to vent/rant with the cussing...

no, wrong. but because society makes it look 'normal', it continues. A LOT of people swear yes, but it's not called or categorized under humanity.

I don't swear while I vent or rant. otherwise you are saying I'm abnormal.

excellent point, pepsi, we do have thousands and thousands of ways to speak ourselves out without profanity. but again I can understand when people, especially deafies are limited with words.

First of all, I personally don't cuss when I am angry or vent/rant out.

Puyo tried to say that he cuss himself, not to us directly when he vent/rant.

I do cuss sometime not all the times. When I was in bad mood. Or someone are being asshole or B-itch. I would call them a bad word. I started learn bad word when I was in elementary school. My classmate boy. He is deaf. He started to use "Bleep" you at teacher. Our teacher got him into trouble and put a wood file wrap in his middle finger and put a draw of bad face to make learned his lesson.

I asked my mom what is the word finger middle mean? She said it's bad word and don't use it please.

Some parents put children mouths with a lava soap to make stop use bad languages. Is that bad or good idea??
"Supernanny" said put child a soap in the mouth is bad for child. Because it have a chemical.

When I was in middle school at deaf school. I saw every kids started to cussing a lot. I used to be cuss a lot in high school. Now, I stopped it. I am using cuss for rarely. I don't want to influence my kids to use a bad languages.

I know every kids from school are bad influences to other kids. Some bad parents do influence kids to use a cuss when they are into argue and yell each other in front of children. The children will learn it from their parents and other kids in school.

Pinky, the deaf and HOH in my school (special hearing impaired class in a hearing school) swore alot, too. I think they did it to look more grown up and for acceptance from the hearing...

Okay, what if a mother lose her children by running away, the mother called the police and was very emotionally, plus she was swearing through her emotionally worry about her children, but the police told her that the police refuse to help her just because she was swearing.

Which would you pick, find her children and make her happy, or support police to reject her and her children just because she sweared? Now you get my point.

NO I don't get your point because that is very unnecessary. They would be more likely to help if she was speaking clearly and answer their questions instead of go which every way she goes. If she keeps that up, they will probably lose interests in trying to listen to her in order to help her.

I don't see a need to cuss in order to vent or explain emotions. There are alot of better words to explain clearly.

NO I don't get your point because that is very unnecessary. They would be more likely to help if she was speaking clearly and answer their questions instead of go which every way she goes. If she keeps that up, they will probably lose interests in trying to listen to her in order to help her.

I don't see a need to cuss in order to vent or explain emotions. There are alot of better words to explain clearly.

If I were the polices and need that mother to chill out so that she can answer my questions, then I will just ask her to calm down for awhile to answer the questions so that I can help her, not just do nothing and became bored with her.

Ya know it's not easy situation, my dad told me about his experience sleeping in a fire house, he went to the phone to call the 911 and my dad said that house was burning and did tell his address, but that woman kept saying "You need to calm down and can you tell me the address again please", my dad was standing with the phone and having fire burning against his back, my dad have tried and tried to tell that woman, but that woman seems not get the address very well and due to his impatience and pressure feelings because of the burning on his back, he finally fed up "I have to get the f*** out, my back was f***ing burning, you are killing me!", then he throw the phone and run straight outside.

i guess im an idiot then. I can handle that.

I wouldn't want to date you, if you are a man. If, you are a woman, I wouldn't want to hang around you. As for a friend, I am not sure.... :hmm:

If I were the polices and need that mother to chill out so that she can answer my questions, then I will just ask her to calm down for awhile to answer the questions so that I can help her, not just do nothing and became bored with her.

Ya know it's not easy situation, my dad told me about his experience sleeping in a fire house, he went to the phone to call the 911 and my dad said that house was burning and did tell his address, but that woman kept saying "You need to calm down and can you tell me the address again please", my dad was standing with the phone and having fire burning against his back, my dad have tried and tried to tell that woman, but that woman seems not get the address very well and due to his impatience and pressure feelings because of the burning on his back, he finally fed up "I have to get the f*** out, my back was f***ing burning, you are killing me!", then he throw the phone and run straight outside.

Yeh, I understand how your dad got peeved. When my condo caught fire last year, I called 911 once I got me and my babies outside. I kept telling her there was a fire and I thought I was calm and coherent. But who knows. She kept telling me to calm down and I repeated my address so many times cuz I was on a cell my mom pays for so there is no way to identify where the call is coming from. 10 - 15 minutes later the fire trucks came. Mind you, the firehouse is only 2 miles away!

Yeh, I understand how your dad got peeved. When my condo caught fire last year, I called 911 once I got me and my babies outside. I kept telling her there was a fire and I thought I was calm and coherent. But who knows. She kept telling me to calm down and I repeated my address so many times cuz I was on a cell my mom pays for so there is no way to identify where the call is coming from. 10 - 15 minutes later the fire trucks came. Mind you, the firehouse is only 2 miles away!

Wow, I guess they really need to fix their phone line..

I agree with you! But what about that Adult smilies that have some swearing / cussing / sex??? Since the kids under 18 could be reading all forums on All Deaf. I am just wondering if All Deaf have block the swearing / cussing to the kids if the kids under 18 signed up??
AllDeaf is like every other website. It's open to the public. It was not intended to be a family-only site.

If we were to make it a family-only site, we would have to remove half of the forums and ban every person who swears only once, calls someone a name once, etc.

Your dad should have left the house FIRST before calling 911. Calling 911 in a BURNING house is not a very smart thing to do. He should have gone to a neighbor's house or somewhere else first and then call 911.

Your dad should have left the house FIRST before calling 911. Calling 911 in a BURNING house is not a very smart thing to do. He should have gone to a neighbor's house or somewhere else first and then call 911.

Yea he was very scare and feel like need help NOW! That's why stuff seems not right due to his emotion, but luckily he throw the phone and get out of the house.

Back