Swearing and Cussing?

Yep, swear masking in my IRC server does have automatically masking, when the user send the swears will detecting and changed to "<CENSORED>". the room called "Lobby" for everyone join into my IRC server to keep the lobby clean and family chatters, if they want to use unmasked swear I would ask them go to other room on their choices.

AD Forum should have a automatic detecting a swear to be masked.

I am only on the occassion swears on the this AD, not too often use a swears :)

Ugh, what a wuss.

Seriously?? Shawn aka Vampy, are you really gonna enforce that dumb rule?

I have been on this site since the "beginning of the end" of AD version 1 - in January 2003 - and never in this forum has the mods, the super mods, and the admin Alex enforced this "rule."

I mean, come on now. Where has the freedom of speech gone?

Kids nowadays always have or had their experiences hearing swear words at a young age. Things change; get over it. This "rule" reminded me of that time when my sister and I both ate at a restaurant, and then we overheard the old man in the back complaining "that kids nowadays never get to go outside and play; they stay in and watch TV." My sister said, not to his face, "Things change, so get over it."

And Shawn? If you don't like what I said, take it in PM. Banning me just because I said that doesn't make you all high-and-mighty; it makes you more of a wuss than before.

I agree with you! But what about that Adult smilies that have some swearing / cussing / sex??? Since the kids under 18 could be reading all forums on All Deaf. I am just wondering if All Deaf have block the swearing / cussing to the kids if the kids under 18 signed up??
We've been down that road before.

It's a matter of how it's used. If someone posted a serious article about a cop who was shot, then someone else posted a reply using a sex-related emoticon... then that would likely be considered inappropriate.

Using those emoticons are like swearing, they are best used with moderation. Don't abuse it. Don't overdo it. :)

What about ficticious swear words from sci-fi TV shows?

Like frell (Farscape), frak (Battlestar Galatica), tsway niou (Firefly) or ghuy'cha' (Star Trek TNG klingon)

I can understand if you ban/suspend me for using them here, I was only demonstrating them. I only wanted to see if you'll cover this area as well.
While some members may not understand what you're saying, it's still something that's best used under moderation. It's like speaking in foreign language. Someone could make a joke about it and swear a bunch of times in German or Spanish, but the intention is still the same. So, use your common sense. Qapla'! :)

Well it doesn't make clear, is it okay if I use the swearing when I was expressing my experience, or use cussing words for good sense, or something?

You raise a good question. It's normal to vent/rant out when you express your feeling...

Ugh, what a wuss.

I have been on this site since the "beginning of the end" of AD version 1 - in January 2003 - and never in this forum has the mods, the super mods, and the admin Alex enforced this "rule."

I mean, come on now. Where has the freedom of speech gone?

Kids nowadays always have or had their experiences hearing swear words at a young age. Things change; get over it. This "rule" reminded me of that time when my sister and I both ate at a restaurant, and then we overheard the old man in the back complaining "that kids nowadays never get to go outside and play; they stay in and watch TV." My sister said, not to his face, "Things change, so get over it."

And Shawn? If you don't like what I said, take it in PM. Banning me just because I said that doesn't make you all high-and-mighty; it makes you more of a wuss than before.

You two clearly have a history so why didn't YOU take it to PM in the first place?

[
QUOTE=SnAzZyStyLe2002;1018105]Ugh, what a wuss.

Remember, member and private is separate.

Shawn is outside of AD Forum.
Vampy is here in AD Forum.

Thanks Vampy.

My son do read this forum and I hated to have him to see that cussing or swearing in here. I am trying to give him a positive enviroment.

thanks again.

There is a time and a place for 'vulgar' emoticons .... in the Adults section!

VampyProX said:
Using those emoticons are like swearing, they are best used with moderation. Dont abuse it. Dont overdo it.
Overuse them you mean..

I think moderation or not, it doesn't matter. those emoticons have encouraged your title - like you said this has been down the road before.

There is a time and a place for 'vulgar' emoticons .... in the Adults section!

:gpost:That's why I haven't used them.

I was thinking about this yesterday and I think I 'get it' now in regards to the moddy's (moderators) edit/delete disrepectful & mean posts. This forumn has many a guests and some of them are younguns that are deaf or HOH. They look up to us and if we swear constantly, they are gonna emulate that towards the other kids who pick on them for their disability. We don't want that because the bully will get even more pissed off and beat the shit :)giggle:) out of the person.

I do believe in the freedom of speech but AD can't come off as looking like a trashy web site either.

I do believe in the freedom of speech but AD can't come off as looking like a trashy web site either.

Right on. :thumb:

While AD accept freedom of speech, they prefer you to use your common sense and use it wisely. ;)

Agree, it's normal to vent/rant with the cussing...
no, wrong. but because society makes it look 'normal', it continues. A LOT of people swear yes, but it's not called or categorized under humanity.

I don't swear while I vent or rant. otherwise you are saying I'm abnormal.

excellent point, pepsi, we do have thousands and thousands of ways to speak ourselves out without profanity. but again I can understand when people, especially deafies are limited with words.

no, wrong. but because society makes it look 'normal', it continues. A LOT of people swear yes, but it's not called or categorized under humanity.

I don't swear while I vent or rant. otherwise you are saying I'm abnormal.

excellent point, pepsi, we do have thousands and thousands of ways to speak ourselves out without profanity. but again I can understand when people, especially deafies are limited with words.

Sorry I disagree, when people was too emotionally, they was kinda lose their control and just say something really fast which make them swear. It depends on what people's reaction throughout their physology(sp?).

exactly, so if it's psychological/subconsciousness issue, it can be under control. for example, me. I know better than that. I mean how is swearing going to be helpful? or is productive?

but ah, nevermind me. I'm not here to renovate (fix) AD anyway.

Sorry I disagree, when people was too emotionally, they was kinda lose their control and just say something really fast which make them swear. It depends on what people's reaction throughout their physology(sp?).

So you rather let your tongue control you instead of you controling your tongue? Interesting.

I rather be in control of my thoughts and of my tongue.

who do you think would gain more respect of others?

One that curses and cusss just case someone drops a hammer on his foot.

or

One that maintains control despite the fact he/she is hurting cause the hammer was dropped on his toe?

Back