Restaurant customer service sucks

Originally posted by BostonIceFire
I remembered how Denny's could be awful in customer service. One time with my bf, we would be waiting and waiting waiting and waiting for our drinks, our food, napkins, etc. and The waiter would come back and say "is there a problem?"

hello.. where is our drinks..

oh excuse me.. (then we wait for another long time..)

That guy got no or little tip from what I can recalled

Holy shit!! You can say that again about Denny's. That's such an awful restaurant for the Deaf!! I was thinking of putting down my opinion about Denny's before I read your post. Dang, you beat me to it! ;)

Everytime Deafies in my area decide to go to Denny's, we all had to wait for a long time and the service was pretty bad, too. The staff always had attitude with us. I wonder if it had to do with some Deafies NOT TIPPING good service in the past that they don't give a shit about new Deaf customers. I always paid 20% tips or more as to give support for better treatment of the Deaf customers. But, still.. Denny's got no excuse to give new people bad attitude. Yeah, if they give attitude, stiff those fuckers and forget the tips! Or, better yet, bring in rolls of pennies' worth of tips. If they give you bad rap, you can crack open the pennies, pile them on the table as tip and take the penny wrappers with you. There is nothing else waiters/waitresses/servers HATE more than getting tons of tips in pennies!!!!

1¢.. 2¢.. 3¢......

:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
not just chinese that I have problems with...I do have problems with INDIA people...that woman that is a GENERAL manager for jack in the box...well I placed my order on to my pager...and I showed it to her and pointed it down...guess what ? she picked it up and put it onto her ear and try to listen to it..then tell me she can't hear it anything...then I pointed it at LCD screen she said what ? I was like WTF then asked younger employee and ask him to take my order instead! the manager gulped...I reported it to the customer service on her and I got a free coupon on my visit visit......so I know how you feel :madfawk: at them! AS well as the clerk at 7-11 *groan*

Whoa... the Denny's where I go to all the time in Vineland, they always gave me and my best friend excellent services! That is so weird. Deaf258 may have a good point, Deaf ppl might be bad tippers. But me and my best friend always tip like 20% too so maybe that is why we are always received warmly. It also helps to smile at the waiter/waitress and wink at them, hee hee, just kidding.

When I was in Rochester with deaf friends, we didn't have problems with waiters in Denny's. But, we did have problem with one restaurant, which was a Canadian restaurant in Rochester. We got our drinks, then chat chat chat chat for like over an hour. Suddenly, waitress came back and said "You dont have your food yet?" We shook our head but we smiled anyway and the waitress gave us the dinner for free! Maybe it is a matter of attitude.

DANG!

I have several problems to eat the place. When I have a problem orders get the food order or anything. If the orders are wrong, my roommate tends to give them hell of time.
For example, do I look like your wife or husband? My food is too spicy, what kind of shit people are doing there and are they lost and found the spicy cooking? Or. If you don’t give me what food that suppose to be or should I share with people around tables.

I can’t think of that kind of stuff. We tend get no charge at all. :)

order $100 food at chinese restaurant

Yeah If I have the shit problem with asshole chinese restaurant being so rude. I would order huge food over $100 and never come and pick it up. It will waste them $100. However, make sure you use internet relay phone. DONT use home phone because they can catch your caller ID or address where it come from. They cant catch you through internet relay. Some chinese are nice and some are jerk. So dont destroy all restaurant only destroy the jerk one.

Last edited:
When I called Pizza Hut to placed an order by the time relay was explaining to them what is ohio relay and the pizza hut person hung up and then I said what up with that? call back again so relay did that again and they said listen sir... we dont have time for this call We are very busy so call back later . Im like wtf.. So I told relay call back again and tell them I am deaf and i have every right to place an order like everyone else.. so the relay did called back and the person picked up and say if u dont stop calling im going to call the police and i said go right ahead call the police! so that person again hung up grrr. so i went down there i saw that they were NOT Busy at all so I went up to the counter and asked for a manager and the manager came over and I started yelling why am i being hung up 3 times ???? I am deaf and i used the relay service to place an order and u guys cant take my order cuz u stated that u are busy i dont see no busy right now... and the manager said oh I am sorry We did not know what relay is and some people are not trained to know how to operate a call like that and i said well relay did explained to u what it is but u never gave the chance for that relay to explain fully u just hung up thinking its a prank call... well u know what u just lost my business I Refused to order pizza here when im being treated this way and then the manager was like *gulp* and became very nevous and he said ill tell u what ill explain to my employees about relay call and give u a free pizza on the house im like Oh.. Ok.. fine.. so then that girl came up and say u know what it was me that took ur call but u know u didnt have to keep calling back i was like excuse me? i was just calling back to place an order and u were the rudest person that hungs up without giving me a chance placed my order or say what i had to say... then She stated that she misunderstood what relay was all about that she apoligy then I said fine.. *rmes*... like whatever..:lol:

sethmantooth said:
Yeah If I have the shit problem with asshole chinese restaurant being so rude. I would order huge food over $100 and never come and pick it up. It will waste them $100. However, make sure you use internet relay phone. DONT use home phone because they can catch your caller ID or address where it come from. They cant catch you through internet relay. Some chinese are nice and some are jerk. So dont destroy all restaurant only destroy the jerk one.
Well...

They can actually trace your IP. Tsk tsk tsk!

Cheri said:
When I called Pizza Hut to placed an order by the time relay was explaining to them what is ohio relay and the pizza hut person hung up and then I said what up with that? call back again so relay did that again and they said listen sir... we dont have time for this call We are very busy so call back later . Im like wtf.. So I told relay call back again and tell them I am deaf and i have every right to place an order like everyone else.. so the relay did called back and the person picked up and say if u dont stop calling im going to call the police and i said go right ahead call the police! so that person again hung up grrr. so i went down there i saw that they were NOT Busy at all so I went up to the counter and asked for a manager and the manager came over and I started yelling why am i being hung up 3 times ???? I am deaf and i used the relay service to place an order and u guys cant take my order cuz u stated that u are busy i dont see no busy right now... and the manager said oh I am sorry We did not know what relay is and some people are not trained to know how to operate a call like that and i said well relay did explained to u what it is but u never gave the chance for that relay to explain fully u just hung up thinking its a prank call... well u know what u just lost my business I Refused to order pizza here when im being treated this way and then the manager was like *gulp* and became very nevous and he said ill tell u what ill explain to my employees about relay call and give u a free pizza on the house im like Oh.. Ok.. fine.. so then that girl came up and say u know what it was me that took ur call but u know u didnt have to keep calling back i was like excuse me? i was just calling back to place an order and u were the rudest person that hungs up without giving me a chance placed my order or say what i had to say... then She stated that she misunderstood what relay was all about that she apoligy then I said fine.. *rmes*... like whatever..:lol:

Yow! You know how to take care of that ignorant caller. LMAO

:madfawk: @ Pizza Hut

Cheri, you GO girl!!! :lol: BTW, Have you heard a Deaf urban legend with Dominoes Pizza and Gallaudet U?

Deaf258 said:
Cheri, you GO girl!!! :lol: BTW, Have you heard a Deaf urban legend with Dominoes Pizza and Gallaudet U?

haha Thank you Deaf258 and...tekkmortal! No I have not heard about a deaf urban legend with Dominoes Pizza and Gallaudet U...

Cheri said:

I had similar problem when I called Domino's for delivery... at least 3 people talked to me, and they were complete idiots, and then in the end they said they couldn't deliver, and said to call a different location (which was even further away)... I explained to them that they are within the delivery area. They wanted my land line number (I said I don't have one, I'm deaf)... they refused to deliver...

SOOO what did I do.... I was soo pissed off that I wrote a formal letter to Domino's Pizza CEO/Customer Service Director at the National Headquarters. They responded with a nice formal apology, and forwarded my letter to the local owner of the Domino's in my area... he wrote me too, and send me a certificate for free pizza... So.... I got freebies....

That's why I always complain in writing, they usually will compensate for it. So, I suggest you write to the HQ of Pizza Hut explaining your problems (also include as much detail as you can... I always list the people's name I spoke with so that they know I'm not writing to everyone about a non-existent problem)

Yeah I always love to confront any business when they have problem, do something wrong, find something missing, etc to make price go much cheaper, free, etc if they didnt do it right when it should be easily be right. Like for this pizza it isnt that hard to listen and get right order to make right pizza for you. It is my big thing to CONFRONT on people to fix something right. Hehe! Ask DEAF258. He knew me. Hehe! Like for an example I brought one very expensive nice grill from Wal Mart for ONLY $100 from $399.99. It was clearance down to $200 when it was close time to winter. I saw it for $200 and there was few of them. I saw other one was perfect and this one have one missing screw for adjust the gas on&off&low-high. I told them about it and made a deal to go down to $100 and they decided to do it. Then I bring the grill home and easily add my own screw on it and it is FIXED!!! Hehe!!! My wife couldnt believe I did that. But she is exciting. Her mom and dad were very jealous and lust on that grill. Hehe! I always love to make things very cheap. That is ME!!! Guess where I brought it? Wal Mart. Hehe! I guess very rarely people have problem with Wal Mart no wonder everyone shop there rather than Target. ;)

Hey,
sethmantooth , Go shopping with me see if you can get a discount on Victoria Secrets body spray and lotion for me. Ill buy you lunch:lol:

I always love to make things very cheap. That is ME!!!

Can you umm....go with me to buy a 2004 dodge truck for me? Can you bring it down to 5 thousands?... :fingersx: ....

^Angel^ said:
Can you umm....go with me to buy a 2004 dodge truck for me? Can you bring it down to 5 thousands?... :fingersx: ....

Well I can make the price go much lower than the tag but not that LOW! HAHA! That would be DAMN nice to buy it for $5,000. ;)

I have no problem with ordering pizza here in my town.. and ordering food from restuant, but I always check order before I leave. Try prank call to restuant that piss you off from an tty pay phone, and then Run!

VamPyroX said:
Well...

They can actually trace your IP. Tsk tsk tsk!

Well yeah but that is hardly getting IP. How many hearing people know about Internet Relay Service? Very rarely. They would have no idea about recieve IP number.

racheleggert said:
I have no problem with ordering pizza here in my town.. and ordering food from restuant, but I always check order before I leave. Try prank call to restuant that piss you off from an tty pay phone, and then Run!

:rofl: hahahah good point! can always call from the public TTY pay phone and they wont know who did *snicker*

OR you can go to the library, your college computer room, etc and use IP Relay to call the restaurant. IP number will come from school, library or where else. They would get number that come from college which anyone there can use the computer. They cant catch you. :D

Back