Restaurant customer service sucks

e

Reaction score
:mad2: Everytime, I mean just about EVERYtime I tried to call at different Chinese restaurants to order my foods. Every one of 'em hung up on me a few times just because they don't have fucking spare time to talk to me. I had to tell the relay opreator not to explain to them about me, instead they'd order foods for me.

One time, I got an advertisement from this new restaurant. So, I decided to try it, called up to order the foods. This fucking impatient asshole made up fucking excuses that he doesn't understand english. I don't give a shit if he doesn't speak english well then why the hell did he picked up the phone in America where everyone spoken english? He hung up on me many times after I tried to ask him how long will the foods take and how much. I already ordered it but I was like fuck this I aint gonna pick it up. He deserved to waste the foods and don't get paid.

I've thought about doing a prank call on him and order $100+ worth of foods then I won't come pick 'em up. I'll do that next time if anyone ever do this to me again! :madfawk:

if he doesn't understand english, welcome to american-chinese people. lol:laugh2:

:laugh2:

Never had a problem with a restaurant and its customer service via phone/tty before. Sorry they gave you a hard time. Maybe next time you ought to tell the relay operator to mention "customer" before she dials the restaurant's phone number.

People can be ignorant and obnoxious sometimes, I know. Good luck next time!

I never had this problem myself. Whenever I called a Chinese restaurant, the person on other end was always courteous. Maybe, it was because I live in the countryside where there is no rush.

However, in ONE chinese restaurant, there is one woman who is a total bitch. Very bossy and total unemotional. I always wanted white rice, and she always overlooks that on the paper I wrote, so I got her attention and point to "WHITE RICE" and she just ignore it. Then I get my food with fried rice. I get mad, and show her what i wrote. She always ends up getting mad and give me attitude. I think it depends on individuals.

ive had my share of the battles with trying to put in orders via fone thru the relay *rme* especially the chinese place up the road -- that SURE pisses me off!!!!!:madfawk:

yeah, i have problem to communicate with chinnese resturants. Their food is very world champions, but i still go there. lol.

Originally posted by Fly Free
ive had my share of the battles with trying to put in orders via fone thru the relay *rme* especially the chinese place up the road -- that SURE pisses me off!!!!!:madfawk:

hey fly u remmy when we walked out of that resturant in Vegas OHHH I NEVER saw such a lousy service and the stupid idiot didn t understand jack shit abt ordering food! We were like dayum FLy's FACE went completely lobster red for all this time of wasting for the food the waiter didn't serve our food at the same time and made us wait for almost an hour we upped and left! JEEZ!

Originally posted by Alex
:laugh2:

Never had a problem with a restaurant and its customer service via phone/tty before. Sorry they gave you a hard time. Maybe next time you ought to tell the relay operator to mention "customer" before she dials the restaurant's phone number.

People can be ignorant and obnoxious sometimes, I know. Good luck next time!

E- I would like u to tell them that I'm a customer before u dial.
Relay- ok, Customer *dialing number*
E- no no no I mean Tell them customer right after u dial
Relay- ok *Dialing*Customer*ringing 1*...........

Hearing people who don't understand Deaf's needs are really jerks. I think everyone who works in customer service should take yearly or bi-yearly classes on not only on how to understand Deaf people's needs, but anyone who may require special service.

Originally posted by Pure Ion
E- I would like u to tell them that I'm a customer before u dial.
Relay- ok, Customer *dialing number*
E- no no no I mean Tell them customer right after u dial
Relay- ok *Dialing*Customer*ringing 1*...........
Ah, thanks for correcting me there, Robb. At least you had the idea what I was talking about.

Restaurant Customer Service is a BIG deal to me. If they don't do it right, I get very offended and would give them hell. I give them hell because I plan on owning my own restaurant and if I saw my workers give even the wrong look, they'll be fired on the spot. I value customers very much.

Restaurant Customer Service is a BIG deal to me. If they don't do it right, I get very offended and would give them hell. I give them hell because I plan on owning my own restaurant and if I saw my workers give even the wrong look, they'll be fired on the spot. I value customers very much.

Go you! And be sure that they speak ENGLISH! :)

never had a problem on the phone at all. Maybe it's because I'm a great speaker.

Not me, I would stiff them by not paying them their tip.

Originally posted by SyrOrange
Not me, I would stiff them by not paying them their tip.

You really should make it known. Most people who are ignorant are only still working because the customer did not make it aware that they got bad service. I'm sure the manager would appreciate your opinion on their service instead of not knowing.

Hi Elyse i am in the same position as u, as everytime i called to chinese resturant or pizza hut thru Relay (typetalk) they alway hung up as they dont seem to have patient or either dont understand fuckin english!

Ok, guys! If these people were so rude to you and would never give time to talk with you about ordering the foods.... What would you like to do to them? Like I said in my first post:
I've thought about doing a prank call on him and order $100+ worth of foods then I won't come pick 'em up. I'll do that next time if anyone ever do this to me again!
Talk about WASTING worth of foods and not gettin paid! HA HA HA HA :twisted:

Maybe everyone in your local Deaf community, and in all communities, should get together and get a list of who has the best service for Deaf. That way, they will get the business. I know unions sometimes come out with boycott list of places that are anti-union. Ofcourse, I never listen anyways. But it is a thought.

You really should make it known. Most people who are ignorant are only still working because the customer did not make it aware that they got bad service. I'm sure the manager would appreciate your opinion on their service instead of not knowing.

I don't make it known to them because it's their loss...they don't respect me, i don't respect them back that's why i stiff them on the tips... it's for them to find out on their own. The same principle applies to you. If you don't respect me, you get nothing from me either.

NOTE: I used you as an example. Just to let you know so you won't go crazy on me.

Back