Restaurant customer service sucks

Originally posted by prostock19
Maybe everyone in your local Deaf community, and in all communities, should get together and get a list of who has the best service for Deaf. That way, they will get the business. I know unions sometimes come out with boycott list of places that are anti-union. Ofcourse, I never listen anyways. But it is a thought.

That is an excellent idea, my local newspaper does this once every year. The readers would vote which restaurants and so on are the best. Deaf community could do the same, and the restaurant businesses would start to recognise Deaf ppl as a potential consumer group to attract.

Originally posted by Pure Ion
Restaurant Customer Service is a BIG deal to me. If they don't do it right, I get very offended and would give them hell. I give them hell because I plan on owning my own restaurant and if I saw my workers give even the wrong look, they'll be fired on the spot. I value customers very much.

\o/ *waving hands* yayaya u GO Pure Ion!!! the businesses -- especially in food service seems to have insentitivity in the realization there are Deaf ppl out there and we do make orders over the fone or in person and to treat us the same way THEY wanna be treated

sigh .. that is true that happend to you and anyone else. I have not try call at chinese resturant to order food not yet. mostly i do order pizza hut or dimone's pizza.. any pizza company that is no plm with me and also one of resturant called Texasroadhouse there is one or 2 people who can sign language if i need them to help me out what i want to order for food.. is that cool? i like that. :)

I get that too...piss me the fuck off...I would say 3-4 times so far when I called chienese resturant to order food from them -- first time I called, hung up on me, then had relay to redial, hung up, AGAIN redial, hung up. BOY!!! that ticked me off...I hate that when they do that hang up on me when Im trying to order food from them. I think twice same plm with pizza place. :mad: Not just only resturant I called sometimes I'd call department store or whatever they'd hang up on me and I had to redial to call them back again...they thought it was telemarketing or something, or didn't understand what RELAY is all about, etc etc. *shrugs* Oh well...

I have no problem with any resturants such as Pizza hut, and KFC who accept to having a converstation with me through Relay service for ordering. However one resturant got me nerved big time which is Chinese food resturants. some of chinese food resturant hung up on relay service due to busy time, no speak english or no weekend only weekday those are lame excuses lol...

it doesnt matter if it is chinese- I have had pizza places hang up on me.......It is better just to do it in person and its all nice and hot anyways if you just wait................ So I dont care, itis nice to go out anyways not just sit home and have delivery....too lazy for me... I like going out.... my fave chinese place - I have never had a problem with them...they know me there :) and give me special booth - I will include picture later

Eh it happends every where not just the chinese place. But the wierdest thing I ever been is in Panda I ask for 4 box of shrimp fried rice and she gave me 3 and I told her that I ask for 4. She snapped and said pay now or I call police. What the hell was that about? I dont know how she gets customers if she act like that. The place I really like and they know me well there was in Hoffman Estate. I use to live there so its an hr and 20 mins to get there. Blah. But goes there once a while with friends and family.

Originally posted by prostock19
Hearing people who don't understand Deaf's needs are really jerks. I think everyone who works in customer service should take yearly or bi-yearly classes on not only on how to understand Deaf people's needs, but anyone who may require special service.

:werd: I agree with u ;) they should be beware that deaf people like us can DO anything doesn't mean we are retarded for LIFE :fu2: to morons who doesn't understand that deaf people can do anything like hearing people do ;)

Originally posted by Pure Ion
Restaurant Customer Service is a BIG deal to me. If they don't do it right, I get very offended and would give them hell. I give them hell because I plan on owning my own restaurant and if I saw my workers give even the wrong look, they'll be fired on the spot. I value customers very much.

RIGHT ON!!! I had problem with PIZZA,INC (its the place) and some jerk in that place would hung up on relay and I keep dialing back until they give it up. :naughty: Yes, I won the war! :twisted: And got my foods the way I wanted. Sometimes I call other places and they dont like relay and kept ignoring me. FINE WITH ME.... lost a GOOD customer who willing to get some good foods with some BUCK BUCK BUCKSSS!! (Mocking on Toy Story, "toy"napper chicken-man) More they do, more they lose people and it aint my problem.

One time, my girlfriend called for pizza. She called using the online relay service. She got online and they put her on hold. After about 10 minutes, I decided to call them myself. I called the normal "hearing" way... by voice. I called them and made my order. After I was done, I hung up then got back to the computer. I was still on hold. Later, someone picked up the phone and said... "Can I help you?" I said, "No thanks, I've already made my order." and hung up. When the delivery guy came up, I asked him, "Why did you put my girlfriend on hold? She called using TTY, they put her on hold. I called by voice, made my order, and here you are. What's up with that?" He was like, "Umma... umm... eh... um... I... um.... I... dunno..." Boy... we he :Owned:

Originally posted by VamPyroX
One time, my girlfriend called for pizza. She called using the online relay service. She got online and they put her on hold. After about 10 minutes, I decided to call them myself. I called the normal "hearing" way... by voice. I called them and made my order. After I was done, I hung up then got back to the computer. I was still on hold. Later, someone picked up the phone and said... "Can I help you?" I said, "No thanks, I've already made my order." and hung up. When the delivery guy came up, I asked him, "Why did you put my girlfriend on hold? She called using TTY, they put her on hold. I called by voice, made my order, and here you are. What's up with that?" He was like, "Umma... umm... eh... um... I... um.... I... dunno..." Boy... we he :Owned:

:laugh2: :laugh2: they practically SHIT in their pants :laugh2: :laugh2: :rofl:

Originally posted by VamPyroX

:laugh2: Clever..;)

I don't have problem by use call relay to order something. If I get someone who hung up on me. I simple call again and make prepare saying something than rather have relay service mention about their service. Therefore, it solution the problem. If anyone make bad name, they won't give you the service anymore.

It's only a mistake. After they learn, they will know better.

Originally posted by e
Ok, guys! If these people were so rude to you and would never give time to talk with you about ordering the foods.... What would you like to do to them? Like I said in my first post:
I've thought about doing a prank call on him and order $100+ worth of foods then I won't come pick 'em up. I'll do that next time if anyone ever do this to me again!
Talk about WASTING worth of foods and not gettin paid! HA HA HA HA :twisted:

HAHAHAHAHAHA excellent idea! :twisted: :twisted:

I remembered how Denny's could be awful in customer service. One time with my bf, we would be waiting and waiting waiting and waiting for our drinks, our food, napkins, etc. and The waiter would come back and say "is there a problem?"

hello.. where is our drinks..

oh excuse me.. (then we wait for another long time..)

That guy got no or little tip from what I can recalled

Back