Obama A Smoker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he said that he quit but is still smoking, that's lying.

I said "if." That's what I'm trying to find out.

:roll:

Oh my gravy.. what does smoking and bare thighs have to do together? Oh yeah.. sex! :giggle:

Oh Maria!! Naughty naughty!! :giggle:

Huh? :confused:

He never say that he want to smoke. He really want to quit it... He quitted...
OK; if he quit smoking then that's fine with me. I just wanted to be sure because the other posts seemed to say that he was smoking again. If he's smoking again, that's fine with me, too. I just want to know the truth.

we are aware of that he would smoke again...
I thought you just said that he quit? That's why I'm confused. If someone quits smoking that means they don't smoke anymore. If someone is smoking "again", then that means they didn't really "quit."

it does the same with my hubby... At first he said that he QUITTED it... few months later he smoked again... fought for want to give up... then smoke again... until April 2004.... He said he quitted.... I replied with *nodding* - surprisely, he took it seriously... haven´t smoke for almost 5 years now... :shock:
Right. So the first time he said that he quit but he really didn't quit until April 2004.

It doesn´t mean that Obama lied when he said he quitted it... we all know the logical that Obama would smoke again... but it´s GREAT if he take it serious and stay firm with his strong willing.
No, we didn't all "know the logical that Obama would smoke again." Some people quit when they say they quit and never smoke again.

Obama didn't lie when he said he quit before. But if he's smoking now then he should tell the truth and admit that he didn't quit yet. That's all. :)

Another thing is that pops in my head. Is that he told the public he quit. To earn election points. Now that is over he is more open about his dirty little habit.

Manipulative or what?

Did you vote for him ? You be the judge. *chuckles*

Drink wine, beer or liquor aren't allows in white house?
It depends on the occupants. It's a choice by the people who live there.

Lucy Hayes refused to serve alcohol at the White House while her husband was President.

There is also a difference between how the White House family lives in their private quarters, and how they host state dinners and public events at the White House.

OK; if he quit smoking then that's fine with me. I just wanted to be sure because the other posts seemed to say that he was smoking again. If he's smoking again, that's fine with me, too. I just want to know the truth.

Okay

I thought you just said that he quit? That's why I'm confused. If someone quits smoking that means they don't smoke anymore. If someone is smoking "again", then that means they didn't really "quit."

Yes, Obama said that he quitted smoking with help from his wife at the beginning of his campaign. It shows that he WANT to quit it. He is working on it... it does the same with my hubby.

Right. So the first time he said that he quit but he really didn't quit until April 2004.

Yes, that´s right... it mean that he WANT to quit it... He fought to quit it.

No, we didn't all "know the logical that Obama would smoke again." Some people quit when they say they quit and never smoke again.

Okay, I should say it´s logical that some people like Obama would smoke again instead of said that we all know the logical.... Yes, I agree that some people like my brother quitted straight way, not like my hubby...

Obama didn't lie when he said he quit before. But if he's smoking now then he should tell the truth and admit that he didn't quit yet. That's all. :)
´

He want to beleive that he CAN quit it... and thought he CAN do it... I see no problem if he is smoking as long as he follow the rule to smoke outside of White House then is good.

Maybe he quits and starts up again every hour. :giggle: Silly thread....

Maybe he quits and starts up again every hour. :giggle: Silly thread....

:lol:

I've quit before and went back on a week later, it's not easy to quit, it's very addictive. Maybe that's what Obama did. :dunno:

Byrdie, let's take President Bush.. he loves his Jim Beam a tad bit too much. It's been documented he's a known alcoholic and his wife had to have him choose between her or his Jim Beam.

Now you bring up Obama and his cigarettes.. I can understand the public perception of a smoking president. It would show that Obama "allows" second-hand smoke BUT you would need to go ALL the way back to the presidents starting with the first one.

If you were to criticise Obama for his choice of using cigarettes, then you would need to look into all the world leaders for their choice of dabbling into alcohol, cigarettes, reefers, ladies/men of the nights and so on.

Byrdie.. why just only Obama? Why not Bush and his Jim Beam, Clinton and his reefers, Reagan and his "evening pleasure with the ladies" when he was younger?

Because he is the newest President.

If, they want to turn the White House into a " health unfit " then, we will have a problem. It will show uncarin', poor responsibility, and such. IF, he continues to smoke - he is not helpin' American citizens to change their poor health to a better health. He will let people DO whatever they want, just because he smokes.

Well said.

Nope.

I don't think he intend to as of yet. Why else would he make a promise to not smoke in the white house. He would not made a such promise if he was smoke free.

He is in the public eye. So he will be talked about regardless.

He confessed that he said he quit smoking but fell off the wagon. And promises not to smoke it the white house.

I think it is great that you still RUSH to defend Obama. Even when the election is over.
:)

He'll probably have to sneak off the White House grounds to steal a smoke. :lol: I doubt that he would quit once he is in the White House due to the stresses of the job.

:roll: to topic.

You a smoker?

i could care less whether or not obama smokes. it's not going to have a negative impact on his job as president, so i don't see what the big deal is.

He smoked for around 20 years, so obviously it would be hard to break the habit.

Have to give him time.

this is true. my ex-boyfriend smoked for 15 years and is finding it extremely difficult to break the habit. he's trying, but it's a continuous, daily struggle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back