Obama A Smoker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
:roll: to topic.

As long as people are caught up on stupid things like this, there will never be agreement on anything political.

I agree.

actually pete, i'm not an extreme leftist. i'm middle of the road and there *are* some conservative principles that i believe in.

when i vote, i select the party that i feel is most qualified to lead this country be it republican or democrat.

Likewise. I'm not an extremist. I *sound* very liberal. I have liberal viewpoints on alot of things I discuss on here, but if you really got to know me, you'd find that my viewpoints are more towards the moderate view.

Likewise. I'm not an extremist. I *sound* very liberal. I have liberal viewpoints on alot of things I discuss on here, but if you really got to know me, you'd find that my viewpoints are more towards the moderate view.

exactly.

i think one of the main reasons why pete and other ad'ers think i'm a hard core liberal is because of my strong support for obama and strong opposition against mccain.

however, as i said, when i place my vote, it all comes down to the party that will be the most qualified to lead our country -- democrat or republican.

As for this thread, I think it's a waste of bandwith. Who cares if Obama smokes or even tweaks.

What I have a problem with is when a President lies about his behavior. Anybody remember... ????

"But, I didn't inhale?"

Please! No matter what you do, own up to it. That's really what I have have a problem with. Saying one tweaked but didn't inhale, is like saying ...

"I shot heroin, but I didn't get high!"

Yes you did, Moron! :laugh2:

It's about taking responsiblity for their behavior in my opinion.

As for this other nonsense, it's just that... Nonsense. Smoking isn't the greatest thing in the world to do for ones health, and I applaud him for trying to quit. Otherwise, lay off the man. Save the drama for when he does something illegal !

Bush has done plenty of illegal shit and I don't see you calling him out on it.

It's probably because he's a Republican. :roll:

Exactly. I'm a Republican and I will be the first one to tell you something smells, but I doubt that anything will be done about it. It's sad. We (quite rightly) tried to impeach Clinton for his behavior in the White House. Now, why isn't there any investigation into possible wrongdoing of the Iraq war?

We need to put up or shut up. If Bush was involved in illegal activities, investigate. If not, drop it and move on.

All this hypocritical bullcrap drives me insane. If you're going to hold a President to a standard (any standard), then you better hold ALL Presidents to the same standard.

Just my .02.

Nobody died when Clinton lied.

I, certainly, don't think anybody will die when Obama has a cigarette.

This seems much ado about nothing.

Exactly. I'm a Republican and I will be the first one to tell you something smells, but I doubt that anything will be done about it. It's sad. We (quite rightly) tried to impeach Clinton for his behavior in the White House. Now, why isn't there any investigation into possible wrongdoing of the Iraq war?

We need to put up or shut up. If Bush was involved in illegal activities, investigate. If not, drop it and move on.

All this hypocritical bullcrap drives me insane. If you're going to hold a President to a standard (any standard), then you better hold ALL Presidents to the same standard.

Just my .02.

:gpost:

Anyone in the publics eye will be talked about. Good or bad.

It is not about democrats or republicans.

Get used to it. We have four years of this coming up. :giggle:

I'm saying this in a comical way.

Whatever, Reba. :roll:

Oceanbreeze, when Obama mentioned a word " CHANGE " - why don't HE change, too if he wants somethin' DIFFERENT about himself than other former presidents ?

He wants change everythin', so therefore I would like to see him to change himself, too.

Since he is the first " black " President-elect in history. :)

Oceanbreeze, when Obama mentioned a word " CHANGE " - why don't HE change, too if he wants somethin' DIFFERENT about himself than other former presidents ?

He wants change everythin', so therefore I would like to see him to change himself, too.

Since he is the first " black " President-elect in history. :)

You make no sense.

I see a good part of the core of teeth-gnashing posters suddenly turning more centrist since Obama won; yet, they just can't get enough of insulting those who didn't vote for him. Reba has, more than enough times, expressed disappointment at what Bush and other elements of our government are evolving into. And she has also said more than once that she is not a Republican.

There's a strange relationship between the insane Bush hatred and irrational Obama exultations. The man hasn't yet been President a day and some of you post as if he will never do anything wrong. Well, sorry to burst your bubble because he will. He's human, remember? What are you gonna do when you see the first poll that makes him look bad? Jump off a cliff? Some of you seem to think he's the closest thing to God and that Bush is the Devil himself.

Sure you people have endured 8 years of self-righteousness but those days are soon about to end, fortunately. After Obama takes over the reins of the Office, maybe more reasoned opinion will prevail on just about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back