Obama A Smoker....

Status
Not open for further replies.
We get it.

You don't.

How come you have to be soo mean to " good " people ? Older people are more experience and wise than young. Please, respect ...and, watch your mouth. :ty:

QUOTE=Maria;1184669]How come you have to be soo mean to " good " people ? Older people are more experience and wise than young. Please, respect ...and, watch your mouth. :ty: [/QUOTE]

Or else what?
:eek3:

QUOTE=Maria;1184669]How come you have to be soo mean to " good " people ? Older people are more experience and wise than young. Please, respect ...and, watch your mouth. :ty:

Or else what?
:eek3:[/QUOTE]

The earth would open up and swallow you. :D

Oceanbreeze, when Obama mentioned a word " CHANGE " - why don't HE change, too if he wants somethin' DIFFERENT about himself than other former presidents ?

He wants change everythin', so therefore I would like to see him to change himself, too.

Since he is the first " black " President-elect in history. :)

Huh? What does smoking have to do with change?

I think what she is referring to is that he--Obama--wants to bring change for America and if that's the case--he could also change by quit smoking......

I think what she is referring to is that he--Obama--wants to bring change for America and if that's the case--he could also change by quit smoking......

And how does his smoking habits have to do with the presidency? That's is what I dont get.

Reba and Maria, have you ever smoked cigarette regularly like me?

You two obsiviously don't know what's it like to try quit smoking, it's HARD. Please don't pressure on Obama.

I am 7 years smoker and find it very hard for me to quit, evenually I did tried to quit in the past and I get crazy, cause my mom to cry, starting to argue everyone, stuff. I am just hoping that the electronic cigarette can help me because that thing are the only thing that have smoke with very few chemicals..

Huh? What does smoking have to do with change?

I think she means he could set an example by not smoking. I don't think the issue is that important at all, in light of all that he will be, has to do as our President.

Like in having a National Smoke-Off day?

BINGO! * stickin' a golden star on your forehead *

You got an A + on your report card. LOL

It really doesn't therefore that's why I :roll: earlier.

LOL! If Obama must change by quitting smoking then I guess all smokers must quit so they can change to be better people! That's what it sounds like to me...as if people who smoke are bad. The habit is bad but not the person.

You two obsiviously don't know what's it like to try quit smoking, it's HARD. Please don't pressure on Obama.

I am 7 years smoker and find it very hard for me to quit, evenually I did tried to quit in the past and I get crazy, cause my mom to cry, starting to argue everyone, stuff. I am just hoping that the electronic cigarette can help me because that thing are the only thing that have smoke with very few chemicals..

Please re-read what Reba said. She said nothing about if smoking is good or bad, nothing....

My husband becomes a different person when he tries to quit smoking and it is like watching someone go thru a complete personality change right before my eyes. I can see how hard it must be for some people.

Please re-read what Reba said. She said nothing about if smoking is good or bad, nothing....

You don't understand what I was saying. I was not talking about the health of smoking, I was talking about the difficult of quitting.

My husband becomes a different person when he tries to quit smoking and it is like watching someone go thru a complete personality change right before my eyes. I can see how hard it must be for some people.

*nods* I understand what's it like...

You don't understand what I was saying. I was not talking about the health of smoking, I was talking about the difficult of quitting.

Oh, I understand, alright; Reba was not talking about the difficulty of quitting, either. Re-read....

This is not meant as a put down to you, Puyo. I understand what you're saying. My parents were smokers. Started smoking in their teens and smoked the first 13 yrs of my life. In total, they smoked about 30 yrs? My parents both quit together when I was 13, and they haven't smoked since. Smoking cessation can be achieved. It just takes alot of tries, sometimes. Please don't give up.

As for Obama, I honestly don't know what the story is. I googled and I still don't understand what the big deal is about. He smokes. So? According to a source I read, it's been well known since 2004 that he was a smoker. Someone insinuated that he lied about it? I've not seen a source to support that.

Eh. I still stick to my original position. It's much ado about nothing. If people are getting all bent out of shape about this, they need to get a life. It's his lungs. If those around him are affected by his smoking, why don't they get on him about it? It's not our business or our problem. It's his.

*nods* I understand what's it like...

Dont get me wrong..I honestly wish my hubby would quit smoking cuz it is a nasty habit but he has tried and tried...he admits that he likes it too much right now. So, I stopped pressuring him cuz it just made everything harder on both of us...since then, he doesnt smoke as much.

Maybe he won North Carolina because he was smoking with the RJ Reynolds Company? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back