Mars Landing Tonight

DeafSCUBA98 said:
if i find alien fish.. i'll bring it to earth and put it in either lake or ocean :o

If they find fossile bone. Then, we aren't alone...

DeafSCUBA98 said:
if i find alien fish.. i'll bring it to earth and put it in either lake or ocean :o
That sounds like a great idea! It would be interesting to see how it breeds with other fishes. Who knows, we could have a new breed of alien sharks! Whoa! Even worse... land-walking fishes! Double whoa! Haha! :eek!

VamPyroX said:
That sounds like a great idea! It would be interesting to see how it breeds with other fishes. Who knows, we could have a new breed of alien sharks! Whoa! Even worse... land-walking fishes! Double whoa! Haha! :eek!
:fu: ~ HA HA nice try! r u must be dreaming!

DreamDeaf said:
I'm still waiting for the picture of Martians...come on...

Smiles!
DD

Hey DreamDeaf...
r u still waiting for Martians showning up on mars. ahh There's go...
That what you waiting for... Now r u happy seeing Martins on the mars.
*proof*

Attachments

• martiansonthemars.jpg
    martiansonthemars.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 45
Three of the hills which can be seen on the horizon from the Spirit landing site have been named in honor of Roger Chaffee, Ed White and Gus Grissom—the Apollo 1 astronauts who died in a launch pad fire at the Kennedy Space Center on January 27, 1967. All 17 American astronauts who have died for the cause of space exploration in the past 37 years have now been memorialized on Mars.

Attachments

• apollo1crew-browse.jpg
    apollo1crew-browse.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 42
I didn't know totally about this..
So I went check thru search and found site..
Apollo 1

ah interesting..
news-012704a.jpg

Did they landed 1st place or what?? Im kinda confusing.. (hmmmmmmmmm)
Nobody told us about this issues 1st apollo were visited in Mars.. Whole time, I was thought that only landed on MOON.. of course old news.. but They were dreamed and wanted to be landed 1st mars for our future. Turns it out found out that didn't 1st.. They gonna be 2nd landed on mars near future.. (hmmmmm)
Wha.. strange story about it. ?

Bullym0m said:
Hey DreamDeaf...
r u still waiting for Martians showning up on mars. ahh There's go...
That what you waiting for... Now r u happy seeing Martins on the mars.
*proof*
:eek: what is Alex doing in mars *screams*

Success.

It’s been confirmed by NASA that the Opportunity rover has found ironclad proof that large amounts of liquid water once existed on the surface of Mars. Obviously, this reinforces the theory that life existed on Mars, and may still exist underground. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again—I just hope that I’ll live long enough to see a manned mission. *sigh*

http://www.cnn.com/2004/TECH/space/03/02/mars.findings/index.html

"It's clear we have to do a sample return, both for the scientific side and in preparation for human landing," said Weiler. He said future Mars missions would also include miniaturizing equipment, and landing equipment that would help prepare for the eventual landings of humans. That might include tests for toxicity in the soil, and to determine if there are any materials that humans might find useful when they do arrive.

Alikely NASA have been since their planned along ?

Or Gov't wants ?
Which speaking of...
*hmmmm*

Really Extremelly expensive:
The cost of the two rover missions is about $820 million. With solar panels and lithium-ion battery systems aboard, each rover is expected to function and communicate with earth for about 90 Mars days, known as "sols." That's equivalent to 92 earth days.

May be next use human plus spacecraft of shuttle would be nearly more than 820 million.. how can afford for this and future ? Who pay for it ?

I'm kinda out being more curiouisity..

From the March 24 issue of sciencenow, an online publication of the American Association for the Advancement of Science.

Methane Means Martians?

Planetary scientists monitoring Mars through the newly arrived Mars Express orbiter are reporting the presence of methane in the martian atmosphere. If true, either the planet is releasing methane trapped since its formation, perhaps through previously undetected volcanic eruptions or hot springs, or there is life on Mars.

The reported detection of methane is based on early observations by the Planetary Fourier Spectrometer (PFS) onboard Mars Express. The instrument is run by Vittorio Formisano of the Institute of Physics and Interplanetary Space in Rome and his team. The PFS records the infrared radiation emitted by molecules of atmospheric gas; each molecule emits at a combination of wavelengths unique to its structure.

At a press conference in Paris held earlier this month, Formisano reported finding spectral emissions of methane around a wavelength of 3.3 micrometers. "We have seen methane on Mars," he tells Science. "A very little amount, but the result is clear." Even the apparent concentration of 10.5 parts per billion "is extremely interesting from a scientific point of view," he says, "because you need a source for methane." Otherwise, any methane in the martian atmosphere would be destroyed by solar radiation within a few hundred years.

Either of the two possible sources for martian methane would be noteworthy. It could be oozing out of the interior of the planet through erupting or even quiescent volcanoes, or through hot springs. No sign of such ongoing activity has turned up yet in remote sensing from orbit, although Mars apparently erupted lavas as it cooled into the geologically recent past (Science, 4 August 2000, p. 714).

The other possibility is the Holy Grail and World Cup of astrobiology combined. Bacteria could be living somewhere deep beneath the surface, perhaps chewing on the rock and spewing methane as a byproduct. "I have no reason to exclude one origin or the other," says Formisano. "I can only say we see methane."

Seeing may be believing, but not everyone sees the same molecule in the wiggles and squiggles of a spectrum. "I'm not saying they're wrong," says spectroscopist Michael Mumma of NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center in Greenbelt, Maryland, "but it bears additional confirmation.

That could come soon. Mumma and his colleagues hope to corroborate their reported detection last fall of a methane emission in infrared spectra recorded by ground-based telescopes. And spectroscopist Vladimir Krasnopolsky of the Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C., and his colleagues will report at next month's European Geosciences Union meeting their own detection of methane on Mars. Widely accepted positive results would then create a scramble to identify the source as either bugs or just hot rocks.

Bullym0m said:
Alikely NASA have been since their planned along ?

Or Gov't wants ?
Which speaking of...
*hmmmm*

Really Extremelly expensive:

May be next use human plus spacecraft of shuttle would be nearly more than 820 million.. how can afford for this and future ? Who pay for it ?

I'm kinda out being more curiouisity..
hahaha @ tekkmortal & deafscuba! very funny!!

i remember some about apollo 1, those three men were testing in a fake spaceship for training and somehow there was something wrong going on that started the fire. they were locked inside and couldn't escape. they died inside. it was really tragic.

i dont know if you heard that bush supported nasa and couraged to build a new program for astroanuts to be send to the moon then fly over to mars. that means they'll probably build a space station on moon. he expected that it should be ready in about 15 years from now and it'll be worth about 10 or 15 billion to do this. who pays for it? we do, we paid taxes to government and they gave some of money to nasa. i think nasa have some sponsors. if im rich, i wouldnt mind to give some $ to nasa.

e said:
hahaha @ tekkmortal & deafscuba! very funny!!

i remember some about apollo 1, those three men were testing in a fake spaceship for training and somehow there was something wrong going on that started the fire. they were locked inside and couldn't escape. they died inside. it was really tragic.

i dont know if you heard that bush supported nasa and couraged to build a new program for astroanuts to be send to the moon then fly over to mars. that means they'll probably build a space station on moon. he expected that it should be ready in about 15 years from now and it'll be worth about 10 or 15 billion to do this. who pays for it? we do, we paid taxes to government and they gave some of money to nasa. i think nasa have some sponsors. if im rich, i wouldnt mind to give some $ to nasa.
haha.. anyway

yeah. i'm hoping that mc Donalds, Wal-mart, Target, etcetc.. will have sponsers.. and it'll help them alot.. even bill gates support it :D

DeafSCUBA98 said:
haha.. anyway

yeah. i'm hoping that mc Donalds, Wal-mart, Target, etcetc.. will have sponsers.. and it'll help them alot.. even bill gates support it :D
would be great under sponsers from them... Benefical for everyones helps! :)
If none sponsers, might be in fundrasing ? (If suppose) alikely eg... ?

Rather than start a new thread, I’ll just resurrect one of my old favorites. It’s not Mars this time, but Titan—one of the moons of Saturn. Touchdown is in a few hours. Pray, pray, PRAY for this thing to work—these pics are gonna be AWESOME! :fingersx:

Titan Landing

Levonian said:
Rather than start a new thread, I’ll just resurrect one of my old favorites. It’s not Mars this time, but Titan—one of the moons of Saturn. Touchdown is in a few hours. Pray, pray, PRAY for this thing to work—these pics are gonna be AWESOME! :fingersx:

Titan Landing

That sounds very exciting!

I wish there was a way to watch it while it was happening. Do you guys remember the first Gulf War when they had cameras attached to the front of missles? Something like that here would be awesome.

Back