Mars Landing Tonight

my question here... at the picture above.. that sabrina showed, u notice the black thing on bottom.. i'm wondering if NASA edit it.. and don't want to show the bottom part because it's top secert or classified? or don't wanna show people that section heh? u notice the black square? cover some picture?

What if the NASA annouce that anybody want to live on Mars once they find that there is life at Mars ... Are u willing to live up there ??? and they would offer u to live there for five to ten years .... Are u willing to do that ??? Me ??? Oh HECK YESSSSS !!!! I don't mind to be away from crowd world !!! even would miss friends and family very much for sure but i rather to get out of Earth !! hehe

DeafSCUBA98 said:
my question here... at the picture above.. that sabrina showed, u notice the black thing on bottom.. i'm wondering if NASA edit it.. and don't want to show the bottom part because it's top secert or classified? or don't wanna show people that section heh? u notice the black square? cover some picture?

are you crazy? that's how the camera with movation equipment take picture by picture at one stand.

Sabrina said:
PIA04995_br2.jpg

There is plenty of land but no green grass, etc... They look for the water now. If that planet has water like Earth. We may move to the Mars to start a new life to avoid bad pollution, criminal, diease, etc...

Yeah but how would the Martians make money? Selling rocks? :confused:
That picture looks little different from older pictures of Mars surface. Why there
isnt any movie camera to film how windy and how dark Mars is. If you think Mars is a nice place to live, remember temperature can go below -70 degrees F.

tekkmortal said:
Yeah but how would the Martians make money? Selling rocks? :confused:
That picture looks little different from older pictures of Mars surface. Why there
isnt any movie camera to film how windy and how dark Mars is. If you think Mars is a nice place to live, remember temperature can go below -70 degrees F.

You are crazy. Rocks have different type of atom from the science list.

The picture look much similar but improve resolution from the camera and equipement than in late 1997.

you don't forget that Mars is more far from the Sun than Earth do, plus different evnironment from the sky.

There is a second rover coming soon but on the opposite side of the planet from the Spirit rover.

tekkmortal said:
There is a second rover coming soon but on the opposite side of the planet from the Spirit rover.

Yes, I heard about that also - the rover's name is Opportunity for your future references, I believe. I think this is exciting. Well, maybe not to the future generations that will already be enjoying the discoveries we make in this early millennia.
:thumb:

:eek: they plan to send a man to mars and Moon in around 2020.. can't wait.. gawd i;ll be 40 yrs old.. amen to old fart ages!

The Spirit rover turned its cameras around for a full color parting shot of the lander today. It’s almost hard to believe it’s real—the rover, which is the size of a golf cart, bounced on that platform for over a mile and came to a rest right side up with the rover perfectly intact. The Opportunity rover is scheduled to land in 3 days. If we can pull off the same thing twice in one month, it will be a remarkable accomplishment for NASA and for space exploration in general.
:cheers:

Attachments

• Lander_Pan_Sol16-A18R1.jpg
    Lander_Pan_Sol16-A18R1.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I'm Transfering to this Wal-mart next summer :D

Attachments

• firstpicturefrommars.jpg
    firstpicturefrommars.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 36
DeafSCUBA98 said:
:eek: they plan to send a man to mars and Moon in around 2020.. can't wait.. gawd i;ll be 40 yrs old.. amen to old fart ages!

I will be 63 yrs old that year !! My retirement home would be in Mars. Interesting ???

There may be some bad news. NASA reports that the Spirit rover has failed to transmit data for over 24 hours. Details are still coming in, but this could be an ominous situation. Loss of radio contact with a spacecraft or probe almost always indicates a serious malfunction. Let’s hope that this time will be an exception.

Levonian said:
There may be some bad news. NASA reports that the Spirit rover has failed to transmit data for over 24 hours. Details are still coming in, but this could be an ominous situation. Loss of radio contact with a spacecraft or probe almost always indicates a serious malfunction. Let’s hope that this time will be an exception.
not again... don't want the 2nd time a rover failed their mission... first one was mars pathfinder... hope not 2nd one mars spirt

Levonian said:

I guess the rover's heater stopped working and the rover froze. :o

I hope this doesn’t deal a death blow for Martian exploration and space exploration in general. What if the Opportunity rover suffers the same fate? It will be just one long string of failure after failure. Where will that leave us? The shuttle is grounded, completion of the ISS is years behind schedule and billions of dollars over budget, and Mars is turning into a graveyard for expensive probes. I just hope that Congress and the American public won’t become discouraged and scrap space exploration altogether. :(

Levonian said:

maybe it's an alien who jammed the communciation? :eek:

Yeah.. would be... who knows! Alien saw.. and whack it harder.
I wud say... :sadwave: G'Bye device communcation lost track.. Sadly.. Gonna be next 3rd Robotic device machine or Human visit on mars likely 1st visit moon. Would be awesome?

Back