Maria (4-13-05)

VamPyroX said:
Sorry to hear about that. How did it happen?

I thought maybe Jordan had dropped her or something, But the vet doctor said it is not possible because her bone went through her skin, and dropping a hamster wouldn't show her bones being out through her skin, She might have got stuck between something in her cage that she twisted her leg and made her bone popped out, It got infected and swollen around the bone, When he saw her leg he said there was no way he could repair it because first, she is a small animal, second her bones are very tiny and its hard to repair tiny bones expectly in smaller animals. So, he said there is only one solution was to put her down. I was speechless. :(

:( Oh no, Cheri!!! I feel sad about your hamster. Saw cute picture of him...really pretty color fur with puffy cheek. I can undy how you feel because I had to take my lab/collie dog to vet to put to sleep and she was 16 years old. It broke my heart and I kept crying for two weeks. I can understand your heart pain. Your hamster knew that he was very much loved by you and your boys, as well as Angel, RR and others. You have given him good life. Hamsters always run around, getting their feet and paws stuck/twisted in cage, etc. My daughters had few hamsters when they were teenagers and it was lots of fun putting it in a see-thru ball for it to walk in to walk all over room. Now those hamsters are gone, but good memories of having fun with them stayed in our hearts forever as it is in yours as well. Hugs!!! :angel:

Peachy Lady said:
:( Oh no, Cheri!!! I feel sad about your hamster. Saw cute picture of him...really pretty color fur with puffy cheek. I can undy how you feel because I had to take my lab/collie dog to vet to put to sleep and she was 16 years old. It broke my heart and I kept crying for two weeks. I can understand your heart pain. Your hamster knew that he was very much loved by you and your boys, as well as Angel, RR and others. You have given him good life. Hamsters always run around, getting their feet and paws stuck/twisted in cage, etc. My daughters had few hamsters when they were teenagers and it was lots of fun putting it in a see-thru ball for it to walk in to walk all over room. Now those hamsters are gone, but good memories of having fun with them stayed in our hearts forever as it is in yours as well. Hugs!!! :angel:

Awww Thanks, After reading your post, darn it tears been swepting down from my eyes, I love when she was in her see-thru ball too, When she ran so fast she slides forward or backward It was so much fun watching her having a good time. I missed that a lot. Did your daughters also lost their hamster due being stuck in the cage too with the same results? And you are right she will always be in my heart and the good memories we have shared together since I've gotten her for my birthday. *sniffing*

Awww, Cheri—that sucks. The hardest part must have been knowing that she was in pain all night until you could get her into a vet in the morning. :(

Mayflower and I have a chinchilla named Belladonna. We’re going to get her a playmate as soon as we can afford a bigger cage. When we get her, we’ll name her Maria in honor of your hamster. It’s a perfect name for a chinchilla, and it goes well with the name Belladonna. After we get her, we’ll post a picture. :)

Oh, NO, Cheri!! I am near tears for you.. :hugs: I know we talked quite some time about Maria's broken leg. I know you don't want to have Maria put to sleep!! I am so sorry it had come to this final decision for you to make with her.

You and your boys are in my hearts and prayers!

Sorry to hear about your loss, Cheri; my condolences....

Levonian said:
Awww, Cheri—that sucks. The hardest part must have been knowing that she was in pain all night until you could get her into a vet in the morning. :(

Yes, It was very hard I wanted to take her in quicker that night but, some places wouldn't accept payment plan. I didn't have that money right there in hand during that time. If they weren't so demanding on paying it in full, then Maria would be seen that night. :( I tried to take care of her as much as I can that night, I put alcoholic on her infection with cotton, and I laid her on the bed holding her down trying to put a q-tip to straighten out the bone to her leg to keep it straight it was so hard because she kept kicking and kicking and I couldn't keep her legs down because I only have two hands here. My boys were in bed at that time so there was no way of helping me hold that hamster down. I slept right next to the cage waking up in the middle of the night making sure she is not in shock.

Mayflower and I have a chinchilla named Belladonna. We’re going to get her a playmate as soon as we can afford a bigger cage. When we get her, we’ll name her Maria in honor of your hamster. It’s a perfect name for a chinchilla, and it goes well with the name Belladonna. After we get her, we’ll post a picture. :)

Awwww :tears: That's really sweet Levonian :hug: Thank-you.

Deaf258 said:
Oh, NO, Cheri!! I am near tears for you.. :hugs: I know we talked quite some time about Maria's broken leg. I know you don't want to have Maria put to sleep!! I am so sorry it had come to this final decision for you to make with her.

You and your boys are in my hearts and prayers!

Yes, we sure did, Thanks for being there for me and helping me. :hug: I wasn't expecting them telling me to put her down. I guess after all that was the final choice to stop her from being in pains. *sigh* I sure do misses her so much, There haven't been a time or a day she wasn't forgotten. :sniffing:

Thanks Tousi :hug:

Cheri said:
...I wasn't expecting them telling me to put her down. I guess after all that was the final choice to stop her from being in pains. *sigh* I sure do misses her so much, There haven't been a time or a day she wasn't forgotten. :sniffing:
I am sorry for your loss. :(

I know it was a hard thing to do but you did the right thing to end her suffering.

I am glad that you have pictures for remembering her. :)

Oh no! :hug:

I´m very sorry about cute Maria. :(

Yes, you doing thing right to save her suffering. Best is let her go to heaven peaceful.

She deserve rest in peace. :( I know it´s very hard to losing your beloved pet like this. :hug:

Cheri said:
I thought maybe Jordan had dropped her or something, But the vet doctor said it is not possible because her bone went through her skin, and dropping a hamster wouldn't show her bones being out through her skin, She might have got stuck between something in her cage that she twisted her leg and made her bone popped out, It got infected and swollen around the bone, When he saw her leg he said there was no way he could repair it because first, she is a small animal, second her bones are very tiny and its hard to repair tiny bones expectly in smaller animals. So, he said there is only one solution was to put her down. I was speechless. :(
Ouch! Sorry about that.

I went through a similar experience with my ex-girlfriend once.

Thanks again for your kindly words! :grouphug: Reba, tweetybird, Liebling, and Vampy ;)

Honey -

I know it hurts when you lose a beloved pet - especially when that kind of situation arises and you have to make a tough decision. You did the right thing, and Maria's no longer in pain. You will get to see her later when you cross over the rainbow bridge.

My sympathies and thoughts are with you and your boys.

Very sorry for ur loss. I undy how u feel. I had them to put my hearing ear dog to sleep cuz she had a heart failure and her lungs had fluid, hard for her to breath. She was 14 1/2 years old.

Just good memory of ur hamster in ur heart.

Here is my hugs for u, Cheri. :hug:

Cheri said:
Yes, we sure did, Thanks for being there for me and helping me. :hug: I wasn't expecting them telling me to put her down. I guess after all that was the final choice to stop her from being in pains. *sigh* I sure do misses her so much, There haven't been a time or a day she wasn't forgotten. :sniffing:

Thanks Tousi :hug:

:hug:

Cheri said:
Awww Thanks, After reading your post, darn it tears been swepting down from my eyes, I love when she was in her see-thru ball too, When she ran so fast she slides forward or backward It was so much fun watching her having a good time. I missed that a lot. Did your daughters also lost their hamster due being stuck in the cage too with the same results? And you are right she will always be in my heart and the good memories we have shared together since I've gotten her for my birthday. *sniffing*

My daughter's hamster did get her back feet badly bruised, but had not broken. I would think legs were almost broken though because of all the abuses that the hamster went thru from running all over cage, running thru wire wheel in cage, etc. Big hug from me to you.

Cheri,

I am sorry to heard your loss Maria. You can look for another hamster.

HiBluE01

Niw here I am having a tearing eyes. I am so sorry Cheri. :hug: May Maria rest in peace. I know that feeling cuz I went thru with my beloved dog Tinyboy. :hug: again.

Back