Jesus Wasn't Gods Only Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.letusreason.org/Onenes10.htm

The term at the right hand of God points to his exalted position he now is active on. There is numerous things that need to be considered to understand this phrase. The phrase right hand is a metaphor, God exercises his authority by his right hand.

Right after Peter writes of the resurrection he says 1 Pt.3:22 Who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having made subject to him". If he is God the Father then they are already subjected to him, If he is only a man, then the ruling of the universe is in a humans hands. So it is as in Mt.28:18 all authority was given to him in both heaven and earth. This is something he did not have as he came to earth in a state of humility Phil.2:5-8.

The term to lift up in Greek is epeirthei which means to lift up, it is in the passive state showing us that the Son was taken to heaven by God the Father. He was received up to him and sat down next to him continuing to function in his high priestly office.

Jesus returned to Father sitting down showing his work is done. Jn.14:28, 16:16,17, 20:17. Their is now a man at the right hand of God the Father, who is God the Son. Acts 2:32-35, Heb.10:12, Eph. 1:20, 1 Pt. 3:22. He is now functioning in his high priestly ministry Rom.8:34; Heb. 4:14-16, 7:24-25.

1 Tim.2:5. Because of his exaltation and new position he is able to send the Holy Spirit Acts 2:33, Jn. 7:39, and give spiritual gifts to the Church Eph. 4:7-11.

Ps. 80:17 " Let your hand be on the man of your right hand, upon the Son of man whom you made strong for yourself." The Son of man was a messianic term for the messiah, coming in human flesh.

While the phrase right hand means prominence some argue that there is only one person on the throne. Yet the scripture reads the right hand of God.

Eph. 3:11 Christ is sitting at the right hand of God." The question that arises is God a person? Yes, and we find that Christ Jesus is sitting at the Fathers right hand.The father is a person (not human of course)The Son is also a person as both God and man. . However we know from other scriptures the Son was sent by the Father from heaven and is later received back to his former place by the Father.

Ps.110:1 "The Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand until I make your enemies your footstool." In Heb. 1:13 we find it is the Father who says to the Son " to which of the angels has he ever said, sit at my right hand, till I make your enemies your footstool." Notice I will make your enemies, whose enemies, God's enemies. The question that arises is God a person? Yes, and we find that Christ Jesus is sitting at the Fathers right hand. Since there is only one at a time which one of these is not a person? The Father is designating a different place of position to the son.

http://www.oldpaths.com/Archive/Davison/Roy/Allen/1940/reigning.html

Reigning at the Right Hand of God

King David prophesied that the Messiah would be seated at the right hand of God: "The LORD said to my Lord, 'Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool'" (Psalm 110:1).

Jesus pointed out that this Psalm teaches that the Christ, who would be the son of David, was also the Lord of David (Matthew 22:41-45; Mark 12:35-37; Luke 20:41-44).

Although they could not understand what He meant at the time, Jesus told His disciples He would be leaving them to reign at the right hand of the Father.

"'Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also. And where I go you know, and the way you know.' Thomas said to Him, 'Lord, we do not know where You are going, and how can we know the way?' Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me'" (John 14:1-6).

Jesus said He would go to prepare them a place in the Father's house. This was necessary that they might have life: "A little while longer and the world will see Me no more, but you will see Me. Because I live, you will live also" (John 14:19).

"You have heard Me say to you, 'I am gong away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I" (John 14:28).

He explained that the Holy Spirit would guide them after He left: "But now I go away to Him who sent Me, and none of you asks Me, 'Where are You going?' But because I have said these things to you, sorrow has filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth. It is to your advantage that I go away; for if I do not go away, the Helper will not come to you; but if I depart, I will send Him to you. And when He has come, He will convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: of sin, because they do not believe in Me; of righteousness, because I go to My Father and you see Me no more; of judgment, because the ruler of this world is judged. I still have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now. However, when He, the Spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth; for He will not speak on His own authority, but whatever He hears He will speak; and He will tell you things to come" (John 16:5-13).

Because the disciples did not understand that the Messiah would reign at the Father's right hand, they were puzzled by His statements: "'A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me, because I go to the Father.' Then some of His disciples said among themselves, 'What is this that He says to us, "A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me"; and, "because I go to the Father"?' They said therefore, 'What is this that He says, "A little while"? We do not know what He is saying.' Now Jesus knew that they desired to ask Him, and He said to them, 'Are you inquiring among yourselves about what I said, "A little while, and you will not see Me; and again a little while, and you will see Me"? Most assuredly, I say to you that you will weep and lament, but the world will rejoice; and you will be sorrowful, but your sorrow will be turned into joy. A woman, when she is in labor, has sorrow because her hour has come; but as soon as she has given birth to the child, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. Therefore you now have sorrow; but I will see you again and your heart will rejoice, and your joy no one will take from you'" (John 16:17-22).

After His arrest, Jesus told the unbelieving Jewish leaders that they would see Him at the Father's right hand: "And the high priest answered and said to Him, 'I adjure You by the living God that You tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.' Jesus said to him, 'It is as you said. Nevertheless, I say to you, hereafter you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Power, and coming on the clouds of heaven.' Then the high priest tore his clothes, saying, 'He has spoken blasphemy! What further need do we have of witnesses? Look, now you have heard His blasphemy! What do you think?' They answered and said, 'He is deserving of death.'" (Matthew 26:63-66; // Mark 14:60-64; Luke 22:66-71).

They started spitting on Him, and the soldiers struck Him (Mark 14:65). But Jesus remained calm, as He did when He replied to Pilate's question: "Are You the King of the Jews?" (John 18:33). "Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world. If My kingdom were of this world, My servants would fight, so that I should not be delivered to the Jews; but now My kingdom is not from here.' Pilate therefore said to Him, 'Are You a king then?' Jesus answered, 'You say rightly that I am a king. For this cause I was born, and for this cause I have come into the world, that I should bear witness to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice'" (John 18:36,37).

Although He could have called legions of angels to His rescue, Jesus allowed Himself to be crucified to pay the penalty for our sins: "But this Man, after He had offered one sacrifice for sins forever, sat down at the right hand of God, from that time waiting till His enemies are made His footstool. For by one offering He has perfected forever those who are being sanctified" (Hebrews 10:12-14). "Now this is the main point of the things we are saying: We have such a High Priest, who is seated at the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens, a Minister of the sanctuary and of the true tabernacle which the Lord erected, and not man" (Hebrews 8:1,2).

Jesus was crucified, but He rose from the grave, never to die again. He appeared to His followers for forty days. But he made clear that He could not stay, as He said to Mary: "Do not cling to Me, for I have not yet ascended to My Father; but go to My brethren and say to them, 'I am ascending to My Father and your Father, and to My God and your God'" (John 20:17).

"So then, after the Lord had spoken to them, He was received up into heaven, and sat down at the right hand of God" (Mark 16:19).

part 2

Ten days later, on the day of Pentecost, Peter declared: "This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear. For David did not ascend into the heavens, but he says himself: 'The Lord said to my Lord, "Sit at My right hand, till I make Your enemies Your footstool."' Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly that God has made this Jesus, whom you crucified, both Lord and Christ" (Acts 2:32-36).

Later he proclaimed to the Jewish leaders: "The God of our fathers raised up Jesus whom you murdered by hanging on a tree. Him God has exalted to His right hand to be Prince and Savior, to give repentance to Israel and forgiveness of sins. And we are His witnesses to these things, and so also is the Holy Spirit whom God has given to those who obey Him." (Acts 5:30-32).

As Stephen was being stoned to death, "He, being full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God, and said, 'Look! I see the heavens opened and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God!'" (Acts 7:55,56).

Paul explains that Jesus is our Mediator at the right hand of God: "It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us" (Romans 8:34). "For there is one God and one Mediator between God and men, the Man Christ Jesus, who gave Himself a ransom for all, to be testified in due time" (1 Timothy 2:5,6). God "raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come. And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all" (Ephesians 1:20-23).

"God who at various times and in different ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets, has in these last days spoken to us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds; who being the brightness of His glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high" (Hebrews 1:1-3).

"Therefore we also, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us, and let us run with endurance the race that is set before us, looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith, who for the joy that was set before Him endured the cross, despising the shame, and has sat down at the right hand of the throne of God" (Hebrews 12:1,2).

"There is also an antitype which now saves us, namely baptism (not the removal of the filth of the flesh, but the answer of a good conscience toward God), through the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at the right hand of God, angels and authorities and powers having been made subject to Him" (1 Peter 3:21,22).

"If then you were raised with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ is, sitting at the right hand of God. Set your mind on things above, not on things on the earth. For you died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. When Christ who is our life appears, then you also will appear with Him in glory" (Colossians 3:1-4).

Well I don't care what people say.

I am a Christian and nobody has no right to tell me that I am not.

It is my own freewill, if I want to study Astrology and pray to God
at the same time, then that is alright.

And if gays want gay marriage and believe in God, that is their rights.

It doesn't matter what church you go to, it doesn't matter who your preacher is, it doesn't matter how you pray...

All God wants you to do is... Believe in him.

Muslims believe in God, Jews believe in God...
And God will decide and judge...
We can't judge.

All we have to do is believe in God.

We shouldn't believe in Angels, we shouldn't believe in Ghosts,
We shouldn't believe in Heaven, we shouldn't believe in Hell....

All God wants us to do is to serve him, love him, worship him, and believe in him.

Amen. :)

I found in my bible and copy what my bible says.

Is God Jesus or a Trinity?

Who is this wonderful God? Some persons say his name is Jesus. Others say he is a Trinity, although the word "trinity" does not appear in the Bible. According to the teaching of the Trinity, there are three persons in one God, that is, there is "one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit." many religious organizations teach this, even though they admit it is "a mystery." Are such views of God correct?

Well, did Jesus ever say that he was God? No, he never did. Rather, in the Bible he is called "God´s Son." And he said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 10:34-36; 14:28) Also, Jesus explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that only God knew. (Mark 13:32) Further, on one occasion Jesus prayed to God, saying: "Let, not my will, but yours take place." (Luke 22:42) If Jesus were the Almighty God, he would not have prayed to himself, would he? In fact, following Jesus´ death, the Scripture says: "This Jesus God resurrected." (Acts 2:32) Thus the Almighty God and Jesus are clearly two separate persons. Even after his death and resurrection and ascension to heaven, Jesus was still not equal to his Father. 1 Corinthians 11:3; 15:28

Liebling:-))) said:
I found in my bible and copy what my bible says.

Is God Jesus or a Trinity?

Who is this wonderful God? Some persons say his name is Jesus. Others say he is a Trinity, although the word "trinity" does not appear in the Bible. According to the teaching of the Trinity, there are three persons in one God, that is, there is "one God, Father, Son and Holy Spirit." many religious organizations teach this, even though they admit it is "a mystery." Are such views of God correct?

Well, did Jesus ever say that he was God? No, he never did. Rather, in the Bible he is called "God´s Son." And he said: "The Father is greater than I am." (John 10:34-36; 14:28) Also, Jesus explained that there were some things that neither he nor the angels knew but that only God knew. (Mark 13:32) Further, on one occasion Jesus prayed to God, saying: "Let, not my will, but yours take place." (Luke 22:42) If Jesus were the Almighty God, he would not have prayed to himself, would he? In fact, following Jesus´ death, the Scripture says: "This Jesus God resurrected." (Acts 2:32) Thus the Almighty God and Jesus are clearly two separate persons. Even after his death and resurrection and ascension to heaven, Jesus was still not equal to his Father. 1 Corinthians 11:3; 15:28

Ok, Lieblin' -- I read your post. I would like for you to copy and paste the scriptures from your bible to here for me, if you don't mind ? :)

Let me copy and paste to share mine :

John 1:1-2
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God."

Ok, let me interpret these scripture what it means in English:

"In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. The Jesus was in the beginning with God."

Jesus is equal "The Word".
Jesus is equal "The Word of God" ( The Son of God ).
Jesus is equal God.
When God left Heaven, He came to give birth to BECOME the FLESH, so therefore the FLESH became THE WORD. Emmanuel means "God with us" and His Name is Jesus. Jesus means "Emmanuel" -- it means "God with us". See that also mention in the scriptures John 1:1-2. John have seen The LIGHT and recognized who Jesus IS.:)

CyberRed said:
Ok, Lieblin' -- I read your post. I would like for you to copy and paste the scriptures from your bible to here for me, if you don't mind ? :)

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.The same was in the beginning with God."

"In the beginning was Jesus, and Jesus was with God, and Jesus was God. The Jesus was in the beginning with God."

Jesus is equal God.
When God left Heaven, He came to give birth to BECOME the FLESH, so therefore the FLESH became THE WORD. Emmanuel means "God with us" and His Name is Jesus. Jesus means "Emmanuel" -- it means "God with us". See that also mention in the scriptures John 1:1-2. John have seen The LIGHT and recognized who Jesus IS.:)

Cyberred, can u find me a verse about Jesus saying something about being alpha. I wish to memorize them all and not forgot but it is something I have to deal with my health issue.

I agree with u Jesus Himself is God.

Lieberg, do u know who Jesus' father was?

jazzy said:
Cyberred, can u find me a verse about Jesus saying something about being alpha. I wish to memorize them all and not forgot but it is something I have to deal with my health issue.

Revelation 22:13
"I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last." :)

jazzy said:

If Jesus is God and Jesus talks to God, then Jesus is talking to himself. If that happened today, he would be committed. :crazy:

VamPyroX said:
If Jesus is God and Jesus talks to God, then Jesus is talking to himself. If that happened today, he would be committed. :crazy:

lol

jesus and god are two different people...well i dont know if u would consider god a person, but u get what im saying.

VamPyroX said:
Worse than that, He would be crucified.

Oh, wait a minute . . . we already did that.

"It is finished!"

AJ said:
lol

jesus and god are two different people...well i dont know if u would consider god a person, but u get what im saying.
Well, I was replying to someone's post cuz that person said that "Jesus Himself is God"... so I was making a point.

Nowadays, if a person says that he or she saw Jesus... he or she would end up in a mental hospital. Heh! ;)

I have never opened this thread til just now..

Yesterday, a friend of mine had a book called Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown...
I have read some of what you said about that book.. I grew up believing in the bible and now I read this book.. I'm really confused...

It took about 1,000 years to complete the bible.. In the bible, they said there were 13 men in "The Last Supper".. in the Da Vinci Code says there were 11 men and 2 women... The woman that sat at the right side of Jesus is Jesus' wife but never got the fact that Jesus was married but they suspected they were.. She was called the " the Holy Grail" (Mary Magdelline) (sp) In the bible.. they say 13 Men... It showed a picture in it.. and did show there were 2 women in there...

Also.. The bible says God's son is Jesus but how was he made?? In the Da Vinci book, it says Jesus' father's name is Joseph and mother is Mary
In the book said its the facts...

There's a lot more to it.. I'm just not finish reading.. In some ways, I wish I hadn't read that book.. in other ways.. I'm glad I did.. I'm not saying I don't believe in God or Jesus.. I believe there's something out there, more like, the Spirit.. That's what I believe in.. Now, I'm just as confuse as most of us..

RebelGirl said:

I have read some of what you said about that book.. I grew up believing in the bible and now I read this book.. I'm really confused...

It took about 1,000 years to complete the bible.. In the bible, they said there were 13 men in "The Last Supper".. in the Da Vinci Code says there were 11 men and 2 women... The woman that sat at the right side of Jesus is Jesus' wife but never got the fact that Jesus was married but they suspected they were.. She was called the " the Holy Grail" (Mary Magdelline) (sp) In the bible.. they say 13 Men... It showed a picture in it.. and did show there were 2 women in there...

Also.. The bible says God's son is Jesus but how was he made?? In the Da Vinci book, it says Jesus' father's name is Joseph and mother is Mary

There's a lot more to it.. I'm just not finish reading.. In some ways, I wish I hadn't read that book.. in other ways.. I'm glad I did.. I'm not saying I don't believe in God or Jesus.. I believe there's something out there, more like, the Spirit.. That's what I believe in.. Now, I'm just as confuse as most of us..

I would suggest you to read at : www.davinci-code-breaker.com ;)

RebelGirl said:

The Da Vinci Code book is a novel--that is, it is fiction. It is not a true story. Don't take it seriously. Mr. Brown writes books for his living (nothing wrong with that), and to entertain people.

In the bible, they said there were 13 men in "The Last Supper"..
Yes, the Bible states that Jesus and His 12 disciples attended a last supper together. The painting "The Last Supper" by Leonardo Da Vinci is a work of art that was painted many years later. It is artwork, not Bible. It was Da Vinci's interpretation of the event.

in the Da Vinci Code says there were 11 men and 2 women... The woman that sat at the right side of Jesus is Jesus' wife but never got the fact that Jesus was married but they suspected they were.. She was called the " the Holy Grail" (Mary Magdelline) (sp) In the bible.. they say 13 Men... It showed a picture in it.. and did show there were 2 women in there...
The painting shows 13 men, no women. Have you seen the picture?

Remember, the Da Vinci book is a novel; it is fiction. Look for it at Books-a-Million, or Barnes & Noble, or your library--it is filed under "fiction."

Rebelgirl:

You recently posted:

Rebelgirl, you are not alone in your confusion on this issue. This fiction book by Dan Brown has led to deception, confusion, and historical revisionism such as we have not seen in perhaps hundreds of years. Even worse, the movie version has yet to be released (coming out next spring.)

Let's consider some main points:

1. This book is FICTION. The confusion comes in because Dan Brown uses a supposedly-true historical background as the setting for the fiction book. His history (especially concerning the early Christians, the origin of the Bible, the Council of Nicea, etc.) is so far from accurate than even secular historians are coming out against his radical, revisionist agenda.

2. Most of the 'new' ideas for this book were 'borrowed' from earlier conspiracy theory novels (he even gives the list of them on his website). These books and their scandalous accusations have already been soundly rebutted and disproved. So Dan Brown comes along, and repackages previously-disproved theories, and laughs all the way to the bank as people naively buy his books and drink in his agenda.

3. Dan Brown purposely lied in his book to make the premise more believable. Let me give only one example (of the many dozens), but this one example should cause any credibility of this novel to be forever forgotten: He said that the early Christians did not believe that Jesus was anything more than just an enlightened 'mortal', and that it wasn't until the Council of Nicea that they 'voted' Jesus to be God. He said that the vote was a 'relatively close one at that.' Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

We have many dozens(if not hundreds) of documents from early Christians, which pre-date the Council of Nicea by up to 250 years(!) that reveal that they believed that Jesus was the promised Messiah, the Lord of Heaven, God in the flesh. At the Council of Nicea, the problem was that there was a heretic who was teaching that Jesus wasnt truly God, and so the council convened to settle the matter. Hundreds of Christian leaders traveled to the council. The vote (which Dan Brown called 'relatively close') turned out to be something on the order of 315(Jesus is truly God) to 3(Jesus is something less than God), and then later 317 to 1 as 2 recanted.

Over 300 to ONE! This is from the actual historical record of the council. Dan Brown had to know that he was misleading his readers. This is not bending the data, or 'spinning' the truth, this is called LYING. I do not apologize for the blunt description of what he has done. To knowingly write something that is not/cannot be true is lying. Why LIE...unless the TRUTH would not support his agenda?

Please go to: http://davinci-code-breaker.com/davincicode-errors.htm

There are currently about 15 books on the market that soundly refute the Davinci Code. I highly recommend the short one by Lutzer. It's very to the point. (It doesnt take much to show that Dan Brown is only trying to push an agenda...and that he is willing to lie to convince people.)

Yes that is correct and also John 1:4 In Him was life and The Life was the Light of Men. and Philippians 2:7 Jesus made Himself nothing,becoming like a servant being made like A human.

CyberRed said:

Jesus is equal God.

Alright.. Thanks for the infos, everyone.. I grew up believing what the Bible says.. So, I'm not going to change my feelings toward that book.. I'm just saying that I was just being told this and that.. and read the book.. (not all) and was just in a little confusion..

So I'm sticking with the Bible... :mrgreen:

Thanks again!

jazzy said:

Yep, for Father, Jesus and the Holy Ghost - just like water itself serve different purposes. For example : # 1) Boil water # 2) Ice water # 3) Regular water And, yet it is all the SAME water.

Or can say for an egg has its own purpose, too. # 1) Shell # 2) white egg
# 3) yolk And, yet it is all the SAME egg.

Father, Son and the Holy Ghost serve different purposes, but they all agree the same in one as one God. Jesus is God. We must have Jesus to die for all of us so, we can go to Heaven one day thru repentance and accept Him as personal Saviour.

I know for some people who have hard time understandin' this ( about Father, Son and the Holy Ghost and how Jesus spoke to Father at the same time when Jesus is God Himself ). One day, people will understand when the time comes. :)

CyberRed,

That has got to be one of the most brilliant explanations for the Trinity. Great job!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back