Jesus Wasn't Gods Only Son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another belief is that all of the spirits reside with God, before being sent to Earth to be tested for their temptations and beliefs. So, technically, all of us were already with God before being sent to Earth. We could have been with God since the beginning of the creation. Does that mean each of us are Gods? No... we are still the "children" of God. Anyway thats what the Mormons believe in.

Liebling:-))) said:
Is Jesus God?

No! (Matt 10:32-33, John 3:17, 5:18-23).

God said "I am the Lord; my glory will I not give to another" (Isa 42:8 ).

Jesus was a man (Acts 2:22, 1 Tim 2:5).

Jesus says the Father is greater than he, and Jesus does not have as much
power as the Father (John 14:28, Matt 19:16-17, 20:23).

Jesus says only God is good, not he (Mark 10:18 ).

Jesus was created first, of all creatures (1 Col 1:15, Rev 4:14).

God gave life to the Son (John 5:26).

God has exalted Jesus (Philip 2:9).

Jesus does not preach his own doctrine, but the Father's (John 7:16).

Knowing just Jesus or just the Father is not enough; you must know both (John 17:3).

Jesus has a will different from God "not my will, but thy will..." (Matt 26:39, 27:46, Mark 14:35, Luke 22:42).

Jesus is not omniscient, like the Father: he "increased in wisdom" (Luke 2:52), he does not know who touched him (Luke 8:43-45), does not know the time of the end (Mark 13:32).

The Father is Jesus' God (John 20:17).

Jesus was sent by the Father (John 5:23-24, 17:3, Col 1:19).

Jesus died, but God cannot die (1 Tim 1:17, 6:16, Rom 1:23).

Jesus ascends to the Father (John 20:17).

Stephen saw him "on the right hand of God" (Acts 7:55-56, also Mark 16:19, Heb 1:3, 10:12, 12:2).

Jesus was resurrected by the Father (Acts 3:15, 13:3 0, 5:30, Col 2:12).

Jesus interceded with the Father for Peter (Luke 22:31-33), mediates between mankind and the Father (Matt 10:32, 1 Tim 2:5, Heb 7:25), prayed to the Father in Gethsemane and from the cross (Matt 26:39, 27:46, Mark 14:35, Luke 22:42), and felt forsaken by the Father (Matt 27:46).
He prayed that his disciples "may be one as we [the Father and Jesus] are" (John 17:11, Rev 3:21).

Jesus' teaching was given to him by the Father, as he gave it to his disciples (John 17:6-8 ).

We are all gods (John 10:34, citing Ps 82:6).
This scripture, u need to explain it more. Here what I find John 10:34-38,"In your own Law it says that men are gods!. he replied. "so if the Scripture, which cannot be untrue, speaks of those as gods to whom the message of God came, do you call it blasphemy when the one sanctified and sent into the world by the Father says, ' I am the Son of God'? Don't believe me unless I do miracles of God. But if I do, believe them even if you don't believe me. Then you will become convinced that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."

I did not know any man can walk on the water. I did not know any man can turn water into wine. I did not know any man can raised a man from dead. I did not know any man died then walk out of the tomb after three days in the hell. I did not know any man walk among people for 40 days after he was dead for three days. No man can do any of them, only God can do them.

One more thing Why would Peter called Jesus Christ Lord?

Phillipians 2:9
"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."

Interpret:
"Wherefore God also has highly exalted Jesus, and given Jesus a NAME which is ABOVE every name: That AT THAT NAME OF JESUS everyone 's knees should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth; And that everyone's tongues should confess that JESUS CHRIST IS LORD, to the glory of God the Father."

John 10:34
"Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?"
( That's the question Jesus asked. He did not say that we are gods. The true believers are the CHILDREN of God, not gods.)

John 20:28-29
"And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God. Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed."

Interpret:
"And Thomas answered and said unto Jesus, "My Lord and my God". Jesus said unto Thomas, "because you has seen Me, you has believe: blessed them that have NOT seen Me, and yet have believed".
( God blessed the true believers like me that I have NOT seen Jesus in person like Thomas did and yet, I still believe in Jesus with my faith without meetin' Jesus in real person. )

Thomas RECOGNIZED that Jesus is Lord and God! :)

Hallejah !

Can you paste John 1:6 in your bible to here? [/COLOR]

Sure, I can. Ok, here's the scripture from my KJV Bible :

John 1:6
"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John."

God sent John to witness others that John has seen God ( JESUS ), the Light.

Joh 1:7-8 "The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light."

Ok, I will interpret that scripture here what it means from above that stated:

"The John came for a witness, to carry witness of the Light ( Jesus as God ), that all men through him might believe. John was not that Light, but was sent to carry witness of that Light ( Jesus as God )."

Lieblin' -- you need to read the whole scriptures to understand the whole picture, not just one verse/scripture. I would suggest you to read your bible and pray daily. Ask God to guide and assist you. One day, God will open your eyes and you will RECOGNIZE Him better through experiencin' God. You haven't tasted Him just yet. Keep openin' your heart to Him. :hug:

jazzy said:
This scripture, u need to explain it more. Here what I find John 10:34-38,"In your own Law it says that men are gods!. he replied. "so if the Scripture, which cannot be untrue, speaks of those as gods to whom the message of God came, do you call it blasphemy when the one sanctified and sent into the world by the Father says, ' I am the Son of God'? Don't believe me unless I do miracles of God. But if I do, believe them even if you don't believe me. Then you will become convinced that the Father is in me, and I in the Father."
In John 10:34-38, Jesus was responded to the accusations of the religious Jews. Jesus quoted Psalm 82:6 because He knew that the Jews would be familiar with that verse.

Here is the context of Psalm 82:
"1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods. 2 How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah. 3 Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy. 4 Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked. 5 They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6 I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High. 7 But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes. 8 Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations."

God criticized the earthly human judges who set themselves up as "gods". They acted like they are "mini" versions of the real God. God put them in their place as children. They were not really gods, they "shall die like men". Only the One true God will judge the earth.

This is the Psalm that Jesus used to remind the Jews that they are like the self-appointed "mini" gods who think they are equal to God as judge. They are not.

jazzy said:

Yes, this is scripture. You should read real scripture because it's them who wrote, not author. I am study to understand what those scripture try to explain instead of LISTEN author's image/opinion. To my opinion after read those Scripture that Jesus and God are not same person.

I did not know any man can walk on the water. I did not know any man can turn water into wine. I did not know any man can raised a man from dead. I did not know any man died then walk out of the tomb after three days in the hell. I did not know any man walk among people for 40 days after he was dead for three days. No man can do any of them, only God can do them.

Logical, Jesus is Son of God, that's how he got spirit from his Father.

One more thing Why would Peter called Jesus Christ Lord?

:confused: I never heard about this. Peter called Jesus normal like everyone... Lots of people called Jesus as King of Jew, that's all what I know.

CyberRed said:
Sure, I can. Ok, here's the scripture from my KJV Bible :

"There was a man sent from God, whose name was John."

Interesting, thank you for share your bible here.

Here is mine:

HIS NAME WAS JOHN
= This was John the Baptist (see John 1:19-28).

John 1:7

THE LIGHT
= Jesus Christ (see John 1:4).
John 1:12-13 But as many as received Him (the Son), to them He (the Father) gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name: who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

Jesus was so intimately acquainted with his Father that he could say: "Who the Son is no one knows but the Father; and who the Father is, no one knows but the Son, and he to whom the Son is willing to reveal him." (Luke 10:22)

John 14:7 "If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also; and from now on you know Him and have seen Him."

John 14:21 "He who has My commandments and keeps them, it is he who loves Me. And he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and manifest Myself to him."

The Gospel of John calls attention to Jesus' prehuman existence as "the Word," or Spokesman, of God. Says John: "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. This one was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1, 2)

John 17:3 "And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent."

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

This Son came to know and reflect his Father's thoughts, feelings, and ways as no one else could. - Matthew 11:27.

Luke 19:10 "for the Son of Man has come to seek and to save that which was lost." The reason Jesus came to the earth was for the salvation of mankind.

John 8:19 Then they said to Him, "Where is Your Father?" Jesus answered, "You know neither Me nor My Father. If you had known Me, you would have known My Father also."

The baptism of Jesus reveals the Father and the Spirit as does the command to baptise disciples in the great commission.

Mat 3:16-17 (NIV) As soon as Jesus was baptised, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and lighting on him. 17 And a voice from heaven said, "This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased."

Mat 28:19 (NIV) Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptising them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Liebling - it's hard to beleive that Jesus and God are same person.

Lieblin' -- you need to read the whole scriptures to understand the whole picture, not just one verse/scripture. I would suggest you to read your bible and pray daily. Ask God to guide and assist you. One day, God will open your eyes and you will RECOGNIZE Him better through experiencin' God. You haven't tasted Him just yet. Keep openin' your heart to Him. :hug:

Yes, that's what I am study on scriptures to picture myself instead of listen author's image/opinion. Perhaps I agree some of their image/opinion after study on my own opinion on scriptures.

Reba said:
You are contradicting yourself with your very own reference.

Your own quote proves that Jesus and God were both together at Creation. It proves that Jesus existed forever in the past, with God. Jesus created the Universe and everything in it. You proved that Jesus IS God! :)

Well, I see the different. To my belief that God and Jesus are not same person. I study scripture and beleive to myself that God and Jesus are not same person. Begining mean is God... It's him who is first person who create the earth in the beginning, then special person is Jesus and then angels, human, etc.... of course Jesus was with God who help God to create the earth and thousands years later then send Jesus to earth.

God send Jesus to earth for reasons is because of our sins and also preached the people earth about his Father, etc. Jesus pray/talk to his Father. It's Father who give Jesus spirit and strength to help/heal people until he is ready to die for our sins. Jesus told anyone that it's his Father who give him strength.

:confused: I never heard about this. Peter called Jesus normal like everyone... Lots of people called Jesus as King of Jew, that's all what I know.

Did you read Peter 1 and 2 in the bibile? you would find alot words Peter used to called Him God and Lord.

Well, I see the different. To my belief that God and Jesus are not same person. I study scripture and beleive to myself that God and Jesus are not same person. Begining mean is God... It's him who is first person who create the earth in the beginning, then special person is Jesus and then angels, human, etc.... of course Jesus was with God who help God to create the earth and thousands years later then send Jesus to earth.

God send Jesus to earth for reasons is because of our sins and also preached the people earth about his Father, etc. Jesus pray/talk to his Father. It's Father who give Jesus spirit and strength to help/heal people until he is ready to die for our sins. Jesus told anyone that it's his Father who give him strength.

You stated above "God SEND Jesus" - Ok, care to find the verse where it stated in the bible for me ?

In the bible, it stated that God LEAVE the Heaven to go down to the earth and gave birth HIMSELF through Mary. God became FLESH in birth. :)

Yes, that's what I am study on scriptures to picture myself instead of listen author's image/opinion. Perhaps I agree some of their image/opinion after study on my own opinion on scriptures.
Would you mind telling us which Bible version you use?

Here is mine:

HIS NAME WAS JOHN = This was John the Baptist
Yes, John the Baptist was the last of the Old Testament prophets who "introduced" Jesus as Christ.

The Gospel of John
Not John the Baptist but John the Apostle

... Says John: "In the beginning the Word was, and the Word was with God, and the Word was a god. This one was in the beginning with God." (John 1:1, 2)
Wrong. The verse is:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jesus was not a god. He was not just one of many little "gods". Jesus was God. He specifically was the one and only God. Big difference.

This Son came to know and reflect his Father's thoughts, feelings, and ways as no one else could. - Matthew 11:27.

Liebling - it's hard to beleive that Jesus and God are same person.
Pray to God to give you faith.

Reba said:
Would you mind telling us which Bible version you use?

Watchtower, Catholic and Evangelistic/Protestants.

I use Watchtower mostly than Catholic and Evangelistic/Protestants because it's interesting to read and pictures which it's easier to read to create the picture. A big Watchtower bible story book which it's good for children and adult to read and other bible for scriptures only, we got from my JW friend at wedding gift.
I saw other bible story with pictures/german words at book store last week. I'm going to buy it for my children to read because I will read them myself to compare with Watchtower and other bibles... I didn't pay attention on which relignon the autor wrote on the bible but interesting pictures and easier to read... I will find out who write it this weekends at book store because I want to buy it.

Not John the Baptist but John the Apostle

I read all "JOHN" from 1 Charpter of scriptures. :dunno: I have to re-check again when I'm home from work.

Wrong. The verse is:
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.

Jesus was not a god. He was not just one of many little "gods". Jesus was God. He specifically was the one and only God. Big difference.

Pray to God to give you faith.

All what I beleive is Jesus and God are not same person for a long time thru Scriptures... :dunno: I has to keep on study on that scriputures and compare with bibles to other bibles.

CyberRed said:
You stated above "God SEND Jesus" - Ok, care to find the verse where it stated in the bible for me ?

In the bible, it stated that God LEAVE the Heaven to go down to the earth and gave birth HIMSELF through Mary. God became FLESH in birth. :)

Okay, give me time to find out when I'm home from work. :thumb:

To my belief that God and Jesus are not same person. I study scripture and beleive to myself that God and Jesus are not same person. Begining mean is God... It's him who is first person who create the earth in the beginning, then special person is Jesus and then angels, human, etc.... of course Jesus was with God who help God to create the earth and thousands years later then send Jesus to earth.

In the Book of Genesis God said, "Let us...." See ONE God = Trinity!!! The Bible did NOT say "Gods" Therefore Jesus is God.

Watchtower, Catholic and Evangelistic/Protestants.

I use Watchtower mostly ...
That's what I thought.

Watchtower is Jehova's Witness version of the Bible. They don't accept Jesus as God, so they change the words to fit their beliefs.

Askjo said:
In the Book of Genesis God said, "Let us...." See ONE God = Trinity!!! The Bible did NOT say "Gods" Therefore Jesus is God.

I didn't say that we have Gods because I know that there's only one God.

No, I'm not agree that Jesus is a God but Son of God.

Reba said:
That's what I thought.

Watchtower is Jehova's Witness version of the Bible. They don't accept Jesus as God, so they change the words to fit their beliefs.

JW beleive Jesus is son of God like other beliefs.

CyberRed said:

I haven't time to read bible yesterday. I will do tonight when I'm home after work.

Those link I found from google. Yes, they mentioned that God sent his son Jesus to earth.

http://www.dynagen.com/FindJesus.aspx?id=97810
Who is Jesus?
Jesus is God's son.
Then God sent his son Jesus to earth as a baby.

http://www.whoisjesus.com/deputy.html
Socinians believe Jesus was very, very great in that God had a part in his birth; but he was not God Himself. They are very careful to say he was the son of God. The Arians believe that Jesus was a created being. They believe that Jesus was the first creation of God and that Jesus completed the remaining acts of creation. Jesus, the created son existed with God in eternity and came into this world as God's deputy.

"God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son..." (John 3:16).

God sent a son into the world to save the world

http://www.cherbearsden.com/kidsdevos/fos.html
God the Father was very pleased with His Son, Jesus.

He was a baby, and grew up as a little boy and then became a man. He was God's only Son in heaven, but God send Him to earth to be the Savior of the world. God sent His Holy Spirit to be with Jesus and help Him in every way. Jesus came to earth to live as a man, always depending upon the Holy Spirit of God. He did this to show us how He wants us to live.

CyberRed

It's Jesus's Father God who spoke to Mary and then gave her spirit seed and get her to marry Joesph, not Jesus.

Tousi said:
No they don't, Leibling.

Yes, they are because I have JW friends. I went school with school mates whom their parents are JW... They became JW... I raised to know what JW belief is because I was involved with them for a long time. I have good friends who are also JW, too. They respect me for not want to join JW or any beliefs as I respect their belief, too. It's them who taught me about their bibles. They gave me their 2 bibles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back