Do you have a writing problem?

You're welcome. Or you can go to Thesaurus.com I like the free dictionary is better. It's good for my education. I want to improve with my roots word and long vocabulary word.

Oh, cool! ... have bookmarked it as well! Couldn't resist! :giggle:

That's true. Some deaf school has lousy education. Thank you for sharing with me of your experience when you're raised to mainstream and deaf school between. I am very skill at history, all kind of science, social studies, arts and other. My most weak is Algebra, some English. I am still learning more roots words. I had been frustrate to learn English. Don't mean I am DUMB. I don't like how hearing people think I am retard when I am not good at English grammar. It's embarrassing me as hell. I can see your English is very good! Because you're raised to mainstream school. I was at deaf school for 7 years. I was almost to transfer back to mainstream school but too late for me now. I had fail from ISTEP 5 times. I didn't make it because of my vision problem when I am read. My school asked me if I would stay at high school for 5th years. I told her NO! I wanted to done with high school. I was so bitter with teachers what they done to me. I moved on my life and look forward get a GED. I have to study on English first. When I am feel confidence and ready for get a GED. I am keeping positive and do my best.

My grammar has been improved without any majority of school education, I was read alot of news on internet and studied on some of research on wikipedia, I joined several forums with hearing members in last 7 years ago and some of them are help with my grammar as well.

I don't read any old fashioned book.

My grammar has been improved without any majority of school education, I was read alot of news on internet and studied on some of research on wikipedia, I joined several forums with hearing members in last 7 years ago and some of them are help with my grammar as well.

I don't read any old fashioned book.

I can learn a roots word, English Grammar through computer instead of books. I have a FAT GED book for practice. I was feeling overwhelm to learn. I have to re-start to reading. It taking me forever to learn. I have to be patient. I can be impatient sometime. I don't like to read any old fashioned either.

I have problem with my English writing! Gallaudet University help me alot. ;) I knew that I will pass it! :D

I can learn a roots word, English Grammar through computer instead of books. I have a FAT GED book for practice. I was feeling overwhelm to learn. I have to re-start to reading. It taking me forever to learn. I have to be patient. I can be impatient sometime. I don't like to read any old fashioned either.

I found this site for root words.

BBC - Skillswise Words - Root words quiz

No problems with my English writing...however, I would love to take it to the next level.

Pinky, you know. I am not skill to learning in english language, write, grammar *sigh*
i lived in Germany and had perfect in my german language. No plm!!! But, In America still make me confused and frustrated to learn with grammar and write *aaaargh* i will try my best. I hope so... I know in Stanford and Oxford University do have the best teach for english grammar and write.

Pinky, you know. I am not skill to learning in english language, write, grammar *sigh*
i lived in Germany and had perfect in my german language. No plm!!! But, In America still make me confused and frustrated to learn with grammar and write *aaaargh* i will try my best. I hope so... I know in Stanford and Oxford University do have the best teach for english grammar and write.

You're the same as my Chinese friend. She moved to America and learn ASL and English at Gallaudet. She told me it's very frustrate with English. She grew up in Macau and speak in Chinese Traditional Languages. She is doing better with English through.

I will do my best with English skill. You're still learning English. You did good at it. :)

:hug:

You're the same as my Chinese friend. She moved to America and learn ASL and English at Gallaudet. She told me it's very frustrate with English. She grew up in Macau and speak in Chinese Traditional Languages. She is doing better with English through.

I will do my best with English skill. You're still learning English. You did good at it. :)

:hug:

Thank you for info me. I agree with that. I grew in English sign language and now I learn ASL. I confuse my english. :( I hope that I will be in Gallaudet University class will help me learn and practice the english. :)

maybe you can get a penpal or webfriend to message and they can help you learn! its fun to learn about other people and languages when you have a friend:D

Thats why cyberfriends are there for you ;)

Cyberfriends are not actual words to be accurate. it can be lifelong friends after you have met them.

Also, that it's weird that reading skill come easily to me rather than writing skill. Well, at least I think so...

I'm pretty much the same way as you are when it comes to reading. I read better than I write.

I think my writing is good but it could be better, somehow. It just needs some tweaking here and there in order to improvise. My writing skill is far from being perfect but as long as people are able to comprehend me, it makes things easier as well.

Thank you for info me. I agree with that. I grew in English sign language and now I learn ASL. I confuse my english. :( I hope that I will be in Gallaudet University class will help me learn and practice the english. :)

You're welcome. You can learn more English at Gallaudet. Wish you have a good luck! :)

I accept that I am not perfect in english (grammer).

My parents sent me to oral school. They did not allow us to learn sign language. My mom yelled at me that I am poor pay attention at oral school. One thing, I was very good in math and science.

I was 13 years old. Not happy at oral school. My parents asked me choice deaf school in our state or go to Washington DC. I picked MSSD. Big change my lifestyle from deaf school. Sign language helped me big improving better communication. Plus, I had lot of travel. Travel is great for my benefit in education.

Still not complete my education in english!!! Also, I know some italian and spanish language.

Cool! Do you speak in Italian fluent??? Do you know Italian's sign language?

I am proficient with written english and always trying to expand my horizons. The THESAURUS is a wonderful tool to use for writing and literature. I spent many nights typing comparative essays which I love to do and publish.

Cool! Do you speak in Italian fluent??? Do you know Italian's sign language?

I can't speak italian and not very good in writing. Just reading like daily live as menu, news, magazine, America movie with italian caption, flying papers, etc. I guess that I know about 5000 words in italian. Sometime, my wife asked me words. I answer. Most time, I got correct.

My wife was born in Venice, Italy. She speak italian and spanish. Her 3rd language is english. She grew up oral school. She is very good speak as like hearing people. She is not very good speak in english. She said that english is most difficult. Vowel (A, E, I, O, U) has long or short on voice. Also, She confuse to say correct words like past or present (came / come) and (some / same). She think same and came are past. I explained her same and some are not present or past.

She speaks "Food". She writes "Fud". OO is sound like U.

We do not know any Italian sign language. 3 times, I met italian deaf people. We had simple communication. No problem for me.

Back