Do you ever wonder......

Wirelessly posted (ZTE X501 Phone/Asus Tablet)

caz12 said:
ever tried site called ip.adress.com you can get some good info on that too

Perfect. Thanks.

It's a good thing I did not confront my friend over the attempted hijacking of my alldeaf.com account.

Why? Because something didn't add up, and I had a hunch I might be wrong about the entire thing, so I installed an IP locator on my phone, and the unknown one I ran, and where did that end up? Cicero, IL. No one I know lives there, so that threw me off. The second one I ran is in Chicago, but not the same region I was thinking-- far from it. Now I gotta get things straightest out, and tell Alex.

Or not. I just saw my IP address for this laptop, and it's the same one that alldeaf.com is saying most of the hacking attempts is coming from. I just saved myself a major embarassment there. Good thing I decided to try that, so now I know.

have you tried unplugging leave for half hour then change it or proxy account...what did he do mark or you did to piss him off and the house you live in what is it

Or not. I just saw my IP address for this laptop, and it's the same one that alldeaf.com is saying most of the hacking attempts is coming from. I just saved myself a major embarassment there. Good thing I decided to try that, so now I know.

So are you saying that no one is trying to hack into your account?

Okaaaaay. Carry on.

Me personally I don't do revenge. Karma will them one way or another. Besides I'm not one to hold grudges. I can't stay mad at anyone.

Me too .. I'm a big fan of karma.

Now - here is what i would do if I were you. log in your mifi page and enable mac filter. add your computer/tablet mac as trusted. make sure it matches in ipconfig on pc or in device info of tablet. this way he cant try from your mifi. also change your mifi password. done.

log in your mifi page and enable mac filter. add your computer/tablet mac as trusted. make sure it matches in ipconfig on pc or in device info of tablet. this way he cant try from your mifi. also change your mifi password. done.

Ditto, I do this for my wifi router, even if someone in my neighborhood somehow gets the WiFi access code they still can't get in due to the MAC filter.

Still trying. That's 50 times he's tried.

Why don't you put a block on him so he can't send you anymore emails? The only thing I think of is see if can change your username , you could a 's' at the end of Blue and be 'ChicagoBlues2 '

caz12 said:
have you tried unplugging leave for half hour then change it or proxy account...what did he do mark or you did to piss him off and the house you live in what is it

Well, he lied to me, and I told him he can't be lying to people like that, and I also told him he lost my trust, and he didn't like that at all.

SilverRoxy said:

At alldeaf? Yes I am.

whatdidyousay! said:
Still trying. That's 50 times he's tried.

Why don't you put a block on him so he can't send you anymore emails? The only thing I think of is see if can change your username , you could a 's' at the end of Blue and be 'ChicagoBlues2 '

It's not email-- he's trying to get into my account here.

Just a thought here; why not turn off the notifications? If your PW is strong, he is not going to guess it.

IP addresses can be cloaked. It isn't like FBI will be running fingers along the cables to the house of your friend.

if your IP address is static from your ISP, you can find out if the other IP is under the static because the other device or broswer use a closer IP address which means it may be under the same roof, otherwise, it may be another random hacker that picks on you to attempt into account? Otherwise some people can use a different IP masking to throw you off. Good luck with this situation. Alex, on the other hand, could block the specific IP address which means the hacker will no longer be able to access AD....

Blocking IP addresses is kind of useless because anyone can get a new IP address.

IMO if it's all he's doing is trying to get in AD, then he's in good hands. AD isn't as important as emails, bank, or anything else with personal information.

Well, I talked with the person who I thought was doing all he could to break into my account, and he says it's not him, and I told him that I have an IP address from my house showing someone trying to break in using the WiFi here, so if he's not doing it, and no one else here is, then who the #$!? Is trying to get into here? I have three different IP addresses, two here in Chicago and one in Cicero. SOMEONE wants to get inside my account, and I don't know who it is. However, the fact that someone used my private MiFi and the Wifi here tells me it has to be someone who knows me. The only problem is, who? And why?

I'm willing to let it go, but the people who manage this house are gonna say differently. I'm not saying I'm obsessed-- it's just that they have rules in place for stuff like this, and this type of behavior he's doing isn't acceptable here, and is grounds for getting kicked out of the residence.

Is he your roommate or housemate?

The hacking on internet will require a lot of investigation so your manager or staff probably don't know about technology.

Oh, someone's trying, all right. I now have the exact locations pinpointed, and they're not anywhere near here-- therefore, someone unknown is attempting to gain access to here.

Is he your roommate or housemate?

The hacking on internet will require a lot of investigation so your manager or staff probably don't know about technology.

Yes he is, but turns out it's not him. I'm getting ready to present some evidence to some people later today, and see what happens, and the unknown person is STILL trying to break into my account.

I was going to say as others above mentioned that it's possible to spoof IP addresses so that it looks like it is coming from somewhere else. I don't know if whoever is trying is savvy enough to figure out how to do that though.

breaking into a single account is probably not going to be worthwhile to call on authorities for and charge the person. They're more focused on cyber crimes of a bigger magnitude than some dingdong trying to get into 1 forum account.

As for wondering what people would do for revenge.. no I don't. It wastes too much of my energy to do that not to mention wondering if someone is holding some stupid ass grudge against me. The only person it hurts when someone tries to pull 'revenge' or holds grudges- is themselves. I already know some people hate and/or hold misguided grudges against me- nothing I can do about it except know that either karma will deal with them or their anger/bitterness will just eat them up inside.

I gots better things to do! :)

seriously though..
1. Turn off email notification from alldeaf
2. Since you already changed your password to something strong AND it's taking more than 20 tries, rest easy and move on. IF it's who you think it is, he will lie til he's blue in the face and/or the cows come home. No sense in beating a dead horse (ooo wish I had klepto'ed that smiley from the other forum...) so you really aren't going to get anywhere with the person.

Considering this is the only instance I've seen (so far) of someone trying to get into alldeaf- I would think it's someone you know, not a general spammer.

Back