Do you ever wonder......

Nothing. That's the problem. I followed everything setting it up manually, and nothing happened. Looks like I'll need to bring in the big guns to get my ClearSpot connected again, but I'm not too worried about it right now-- as long as it keeps the person away from it, I'll be all right. I can copy and paste the link you gave me, or bookmark it for later use, but I'm actually all right, because I still have my hotspot.

https://www.clear.com/support/faq/c.../how-can-i-reset-my-clear-spot-voyager-device

It was not hard to do it. If you want to study to become IT then YOU MUST learn how to do it by yourself.

I have reset the device twice, and it's still not showing up in my list of wireless networks. Looks like I am gonna need to contact Clear themselves.

What the...... I contacted Clear, and what happened was that they gave me direct access to the unsecured WiFi network, and I'm not stupid enough to try and use that info, because it's called unauthorized access, and I can't be doing that. I have informed the person, and I'll let her handle it.

Update: People are being notified about my recent discovery, and I wouldn't be surprised if the unknown IP address had the same issue as I did, and as they're gonna have once they see my e-mails. Someone is going around gaining access to WiFi's that haven't been changed from the "admin" password, which is how they're getting in. CHANGE THAT PASSWORD!!

Last edited:
Okay, the process to add security to the unsecured wifi has begun, and they also need to change the password to the Public VP, as well, and they want to prevent anyone else from gaining unauthorized access to the WiFi here, and I have provided them with the info necessary to make the changes needed.

Now I am confused. I just traced another IP address to another one of the WiFi's here, and it makes me wonder-- is it really someone inside this house, or is it someone outside this house breaking into people's WiFi's, and using them to their advantage? The answer would be the first one, logically, but three successful traces of IP addresses, all of which led to WiFi's owned by property management and myself, along with one of the residents here, would suggest that someone here is using the various IP addresses to try and breaK in. However, I have just gotten a 4th IP address, none of which we own, and I ran a search on it, and it belongs to a Cricket modem/phone, and I checked my own phone's IP address, and it is NOT a match. :hmm: Someone must be desperate enough to want to get in here. Ah, well. As long I am careful, the person can't get in.

Cricket phone? Like you have? Someone in the house? :hmm:

You're sure it's not your doppelgänger?

Why is it taking you a long time to resolve this issue? Change password to everything you own! I have over 20 numbers in my password for my wifi.

Why is it taking you a long time to resolve this issue? Change password to everything you own! I have over 20 numbers in my password for my wifi.

I said this before-- the only thing the person is after is this account, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the person wants it. However, I have changed my password, as I suspect the person got lucky once before, and managed to guess it. Not so this time, and the person has been trying since Satuirday evening to get in, and trust me-- I've seen a lot of activity trying to get in, mainly during the overnight hours. Since changing my password, the person hasn't been able to get inside, if he/she did succeed before.

As for changing WiFi/MiFi passwords, I figured out that someone else had access to my MiFi, so I changed that password, and that wasn't enough, so I did some more digging, and figured out that I needed to change that password from "admin" to something stronger, and still the person used my MiFi, so I disabled the SSID, which was a mistake, and now I am unable to unlock it. Now, as for the unsecured WiFi, I mistakenly figured out how the person may have gotten access to it-- the same way he got access to my MiFi, and the same way I did. I have since brought it to the attention of the people who have a tech department running the Comcast Business Modem and the WiFi, and my contact person tells me that they will need to adjust the password for that, and also change the password for the Public VP, as well. Now, as for the AT&T WiFi's I'm not sure about those passwords being changeable, but rest assured, I am doing everything possible to stay away from the unsecured one until they have adjusted it.

Cricket phone? Like you have? Someone in the house? :hmm:

You're sure it's not your doppelgänger?

Positive. No one else has one. I ran an IP trace on it, and that's what it said. I even checked my own phone's IP address, and it wasn't anywhere even close.

Help me understand:

I said this before-- the only thing the person is after is this account, and for the life of me, I cannot figure out why the person wants it.
If you don't know who it is, and you don't know why the person is trying to access your account, then how do you know that's the only thing that person wants?

However, I have changed my password, as I suspect the person got lucky once before, and managed to guess it.
If you're using a strong password (at least eight random upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) how could someone "guess" it? Do you leave it written down somewhere?

...As for changing WiFi/MiFi passwords, I figured out that someone else had access to my MiFi, so I changed that password, and that wasn't enough, so I did some more digging, and figured out that I needed to change that password from "admin" to something stronger, and still the person used my MiFi, so I disabled the SSID, which was a mistake, and now I am unable to unlock it.
Are you saying that you were using the default admin password as a security password? Did the hacker get administrator privileges on your account?

Can you ask your MiFi provider to close out that (seemingly) totally messed up account and then open a new one for you (without charge)?

Now, as for the unsecured WiFi, I mistakenly figured out how the person may have gotten access to it-- the same way he got access to my MiFi, and the same way I did. I have since brought it to the attention of the people who have a tech department running the Comcast Business Modem and the WiFi, and my contact person tells me that they will need to adjust the password for that, and also change the password for the Public VP, as well.
You're using Public Network settings for your Comcast WiFi and VP? That could be a source of your problems. Why can't you use Private Network settings?

Who owns the Comcast WiFi account?

Who owns the VP account?

Now, as for the AT&T WiFi's I'm not sure about those passwords being changeable, but rest assured, I am doing everything possible to stay away from the unsecured one until they have adjusted it.
Are you saying that the AT&T WiFi is also a Public Network? Who owns it?

This is very confusing. You have too much going on at once.

@ Reba-- I need to be able to see the questions, so pardon my not quoting you.

How I know is because Google would have alerted me to an attempted login from my account, and my other e-mail accounts would have likely done the same thing. I know for a fact that Google did this before, so that's how I know.

As for guessing the password-- there's only one possible clue-- my former password had a clue in my Albums, so I'm guessing that the person who may have guessed it (If he/she did) would've known I was there, and might've used that to guess the password. and yes, I AM using a strong password-- maybe too strong. I have quite a long one, and it's a bit complicated, but if done correctly, I can get in.

For using the default admin password, I didn't even KNOW it was there-- until I did some digging, and contacted Clear, who told me. I can try, but doubtful it would work. I'll make an inquiry after I'm done with other things. Good thing they're 24 hours.

I am currently using a Private Network-- it's secured, so I am okay. As for who owns it, I can't say the name, because their rules prohibit it. Let's just say it's a program for the mentally ill, and they aim to help make our lives better than ever. That's all I can say. Same for the VP-- it's not under my name-- if it were, I would've done things differently.

No, the AT&T WiFi's are not public-- they are password protected, and only a few people who know the passwords to them have access. What I am trying to figure out is how the person got access to both. I'm also confused if it's in inside job or outside job. That part is the hardest to pinpoint. If I hadn't successfully traced all three of the IP addresses to the WiFi's, I wouldn't know what to do, but now that I have, I have a little bit of a better idea of what to do this weekend and next week.

To be safe, can you get your own internet service? In fact, maybe you should get cable internet, and in your case, use Ethernet connections for your computers instead of WiFi. Can you get a VP under your own name? In SC, each deaf person gets a free VP, if you have your own internet service.

You say that you're using a private, secure network but from its description it doesn't sound like that's what it is. Private and secure is just that--"private" and "secure."

To be safe, can you get your own internet service? In fact, maybe you should get cable internet, and in your case, use Ethernet connections for your computers instead of WiFi. Can you get a VP under your own name? In SC, each deaf person gets a free VP, if you have your own internet service.

You say that you're using a private, secure network but from its description it doesn't sound like that's what it is. Private and secure is just that--"private" and "secure."

I actually am using a private and secure network. And I do have a VP under my own name already-- have for just over 18 months, although the ntouch mobile/tablet part I haven't had for that long-- and funnily enough, there is a ntouch VP under my name, waiting for me to move to my own place, so it can be set up. My primary VP is ntouch PC, which just upgraded earlier today, and I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Might do that tonight or this weekend, and see how that goes.

Got my man

I have solved the mystery of who has been trying to break into my account here. He is good as busted. He's totally screwed when I present the evidence. It didn't hit me until just now, but I know who it is, and it is the person I least suspected.

I'm gonna try again with the 3-second part. Hopefully that'll do the trick.

Next time, it is important to remember SSID name, wireless security (WEP, WPA, WPA2) and wireless password. You can write it on index card and store in secured area.

Careful when you try to change the setting.

Next time, it is important to remember SSID name, wireless security (WEP, WPA, WPA2) and wireless password. You can write it on index card and store in secured area.

I use the index card method. :)

I'll be okay. Still have my hotspot on my phone. Anyhow, it's over now. I have caught the person red-handed at last. Took me a full six days, but I know who it is. He shall face the music next week.

I actually am using a private and secure network. And I do have a VP under my own name already-- have for just over 18 months, although the ntouch mobile/tablet part I haven't had for that long-- and funnily enough, there is a ntouch VP under my name, waiting for me to move to my own place, so it can be set up. My primary VP is ntouch PC, which just upgraded earlier today, and I haven't had the chance to use it yet. Might do that tonight or this weekend, and see how that goes.
I'm confused because in post #129 you refer to WiFi and VP as public and unsecured.

Oh, well.

I'll be okay. Still have my hotspot on my phone. Anyhow, it's over now. I have caught the person red-handed at last. Took me a full six days, but I know who it is. He shall face the music next week.
What happens next week?

Back